• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Composite Tree

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It had to happen

21st Budokai Goku

Fight takes place on the world tournament arena, the composite tree had just suddenly grown out of nowhere and challenged Goku to the death

The tree killed Krillin, so Goku is bloodlusted

Speed Equalized

JustSomeWeirdo said:
The entire tree
So that would mean a clonal colony. In that case, does Goku have the stamina to destroy it all? More importantly, what happens when he gets hungry and inevitably eats some of its fruits?

Destroying the trees would just release more sap.

Would Goku just snipes them all from afar in-character?

He wasn't smart enough to know the difference between a boy and a girl, I don't think he would know enough about botany to know which fruits are poisoned and which ones aren't.

@Paulo

He did lived by himself on a mountain, tho'. But alas, depending on how the fruit looks, he certainly would eat it. So Tree for reasons abo-- wait... Should I make another cool scenario? ├▓vó

To be fair, I don't think applying traditional fruits that kills humans to an intergalactic warrior race from outer space that turns into giant monkeys to Michael Bay cities away makes sense. At least not the more mild ones, it'd have to be REALLY toxic and poisonous. Although Gohan did have a drug trip in that one movie....

I'd figure goku would eat so much of the fruits that he gets full and realizes it's still a battle so he just goes ham until the whole place is deforested but then dies from a stomach ache later.

I'd figure they'd have at least some higher resistances that's better than humans seeing as the amount of food they eat is at least (Lowballing) 10x that of any normal human. Also that wikipedia list has toxic/poisonous plants and ones that are simply just hard and cannot be consumed by us, which isn't a problem for saiyans seeing as Apples with their cores are smallfry for their mouthes.

You're also all kind of exaggerating the effectiveness of the poisons of these fruits, these aren't "Oh you're gonna die in a few minutes!" types. Also along with the fact that if he gets blisters and such from the trees, why'd he want to eat fruit that's connected to the tree that's harming him? It's simple logic for us, and Goku has firsthand experience via literally living on his own in the forest.

I know Goku was actually rather carnivorous early on and would be picky about anything that wasn't meat. But I think that was pre 21st budokai. Anyway, Goku is Large Buidling Level as opposed to just Building Level, so he does have teir advantage. And yeah, Goku probably does have resistance to natural Earth poisons considering he lived on his own at the beginning. And later on travelled the entire world for 3 years; there's no proof that he resisted a box jelly fish sting, but if he has, any kind of tree venom is pretty much harmless compared to that.

Also, considering Goku is blood lusted, a fully charged Kamahameha might be able to cover the composite tree; then again, the tree would can regenerate super fast given speed equalization. But if Goku manages to destroy the whole tree all at once, he wins. Not sure who to vote for, but I'll give it to Goku with High Difficulty.

It was a heart disease that he possibly got on an alien planet, AND required a cure to be made in the future. Don't try to compare that to poisons that we have cures for already in real life, AND the fact that I'm pretty sure that you're still overestimating the poisons. Ricin took 3 days to kill a man (NORMAL man I might add). Now I'm not sure on the tree's most lethal poisons, but unless it's more powerful than RICIN and assuming Goku has an immune system that's less than a normal human (Which is BS since he's been on Alien Worlds just fine), Goku has 3 total days at minimum before death. Which, y'know. KAMEHAMEHA!!

Edit: Also, that is not comparable. A virus and poison works differently. A Virus multiplies itself and only gets worse as it goes on. A poison is not a virus

Yeah, as Akreious said, that was a Super heart virus from another planet; not some natural poison by various animals and plants found on Earth.

Um, we don't actually know if it was from another planet. Or atleast, I don't remember them saying that. But still, why are we assuming that Goku has resistance? And besides, this particular tree have ALL poisonous fruits from trees in one... That's quite the resistance you need, and if it haven't been shown or even implied to have, then we can't assume he can resist it.

Well, that fact is. Goku has eaten virtulously all types of food and not once has he shown signs of being sick. Additionally, considering that senzu beans have been known to cure even the most fatal wounds and sicknesses, it wasn't able to cure that same super heart virus. Also, as mentioned above, no tree or fruit has poison powerful enough to kill you like instantly. Even if we assumed that Goku's resistance to poison was that of a normal human, it would still take like 3 days for it to kill him. Anyway, Goku still has superhuman stamina, that alone should be a fact that it would take the poison longer than 3 days; which would be plenty of time for Goku to charge up a super powerful Kamahameha.

That too. Also even if all the poisons and toxins were put into one fruit, they work differently. What's to say they won't fight against eachother? Or the taste completely throws Goku off from eating them? What else says Goku can't go fishing for a bit then continue? There's nothing stopping Goku, the tree can't move at all. It'd be a repetition of Blast at tree, go get fish and cook it then eat it, blast it more. Go to sleep, go get fish and cook it then eat it, blast at the tree some more.

And that'd help how? How'd it ever be fast enough to outgrow Goku's damage of Ki spam and kicks'n'punches that completely send trees breaking? Even if we assume it can grow back 50 trees per night, Goku will be knocking down hundreds or more by just Kamehameha'ing over and over, stopping to eat, nap, then doing it over again.

That's not how speed equalized works. It's regen is Low-Mid, and even then if the ground is completely razed and destroyed then it wouldn't be able to grow. You're WAY overestimating the tree here as you're forgetting one thing. It's still a tree. The other "upgrade" threads are limited Heat resistance threads and tensile strength, not direct durability. What'd you think would happen if Goku does a Max Power Kamehameha then spins 360? Yeah the majority of the forest would be dead. Even at this level, his range would be such that tons of the forest would be dead. All of them grows at the speed of Goku, I actually don't think that's fast enough to regrow the much higher counts of tree deaths. Again, speed equalized doesn't change their regen levels.

Edit: Goku is bloodlusted, just saw that. Now he's even more inclined to just wipe away most of the forest in one big blast, chill a little and do another giant blast.

you forgot to mention something, goku being building level isn't his limit because he can overcharge his kamehameha, this basically means that he could do what you mentioned but to a higher level, take this piccolo charged his SPC to the point where his power went from 416 to 1440, although this takes time, like a few minutes

I'm pretty sure Goku did survive drinking Korin's holy water, which acted similar to poisons he would get from the Tree. So, I'll go with Goku.

001 (5)

Back