• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku revision

I'm still neutral. but this guru stronger than vegeta and piccolo argument is absurd. There is no proof that he is stronger than even characters like nail, let alone piccolo who had more than 1 million fighting power, or vegeta who if I remember correctly had more than 2 million.
The mechanic of how the dragons work?

I'm still neutral. but this guru stronger than vegeta and piccolo argument is absurd. There is no proof that he is stronger than even characters like nail, let alone piccolo who had more than 1 million fighting power, or vegeta who if I remember correctly had more than 2 million.
Literally, he’s ratting bc he can’t think of any other argument.

I feel like it's rather a plot hole that Goku was able to refuse while Vegeta and Piccolo weren't given a choice. So no resistance imo

I don't think this is really relevant without proof. because you are basing it on guesswork, since at no point in the manga is he treated as someone mega powerful, and he never hinted that he is.
I am not guessing, prime guru's power was not shown, but seeing how the dragon balls work, he would be stronger than piccolo and vegeta in the end of namek

I am not guessing, prime guru's power was not shown, but seeing how the dragon balls work, he would be stronger than piccolo and vegeta in the end of namek
Are you not gonna response to me explaining how your line of logic to apply that limitation to all dragon balls when it’s only applicable to shenron is disingenuous or??

Are you not gonna response to me explaining how your line of logic to apply that limitation to all dragon balls when it’s only applicable to shenron is disingenuous or??
Why would it be a weakness only of the Earth dragon balls? Both are made the same way

That's just a weakness of Porunga's ability, since his ability to teleport others requires their consent. Also another case is Shenron being unable to BFR Vegeta and Nappa so they won't reach Earth (yes Shenron was weaker than Porunga but it's still supporting evidence)

Besides, characters like Whis already BFR-ed Goku to places like to his staff so that's not a resistance thing

is there any proof at all that Prime Guru was stronger than 2nd Form Frieza other than an assumption?

is there any proof at all that Prime Guru was stronger than 2nd Form Frieza other than an assumption?
And if Goku's statement was correct, then what he'd imply is that Prime Guru is > SSJ Goku, which makes zero sense since there's no way he'd reach Frieza's power level even as a young one. Hell, even if Piccolo merged with Kami instead of Nail and became the Nameless Namekian he'd still not be as strong as Frieza (since in canon Piccolo merges with Kami when he's already merged with Nail too which is how he became this strong)

That's just a weakness of Porunga's ability, since his ability to teleport others requires their consent. Also another case is Shenron being unable to BFR Vegeta and Nappa so they won't reach Earth (yes Shenron was weaker than Porunga but it's still supporting evidence)

Besides, characters like Whis already BFR-ed Goku to places like to his staff so that's not a resistance thing
Yea bro “requires their consent” I’m not even gonna reply to this first place. I literally go over this in the first message in this thread, like really bro?

okay cool, why would earth dragon balls correlate to namek’s when there’s nothing to support them having the same rules and there’s actually stuff supporting that earth dragon balls or shenron has his own set of rules?

When does whis teleport goku somewhere without his control? I can’t find that anywhere, I mean like goku travels with him on his staff to beerus planet, that’s kinda it tho and if you’re referring to that, it doesn’t refute the argument being made.

Someone literally wanted permission of someone else to “BFR”, how is this resistance to begin with?

idk what you’re tryna say here, can you write this differently so I can refute it?You could also explain why it’s a weakness like you said before
Your premise of the thread is
Porunga was unable to teleport Goku without his permission
How is this resistance to begin with? I would rather count this as weakness.

can we even call it a weakness since it only seemed to apply to Goku? Vegeta never got asked if he wanted to go to earth.
If then, then this is not even a resistance to begin with or weakness. Changing my claim to outright disagreeement.

Character A kills' character B
Character A asked for permission to character C if he can kill him

How does character C get resistance?

Wait, if Goku doesn't even resist it if he specifically asks King Kai to not include him or Frieza, then there's no feat to begin with
I am wondering how is this even feat. You mind hax some people, and then you ask me if you want to mind hax me or not, now I refuse and say to you no (giving you no permission) how is this resistance to begin with?

Sounds skill issue.

Character A kills' character B
Character A asked for permission to character C if he can kill him

How does character C get resistance?
Okay cool, imma just copy and paste since I already explained the likely answer based on things we know about the series.

Okay cool, goku probably didn’t even know he could just resist a wish, so he was under the mind set that if the wish is granted it’s over since for his entire life he knew the dragon balls as this items that could grant any wish. He most likely found out when porunga actually tried to teleport him that he could resist it.

For the second part you wrote, we know porunga just teleports ppl without asking them or anything like that, so why did he do it with goku? Have you ever thought that maybe he didn’t? We know in character he just grant wishes without asking or anything. It’s implied that Goku probably felt him tryna BFR him or something and he stopped him mid way through it.”

Wait, if Goku doesn't even resist it if he specifically asks King Kai to not include him or Frieza, then there's no feat to begin with
Did you like purposely only read the other guy argument and then just ignored my refutation to it? Some other guy made this same argument and I’m pretty sure you saw that

so why did he do it with goku? Have you ever thought that maybe he didn’t?
This does not even imply he got any resistance? Are you giving resistance based on a speculation of yours?

Again, my stance is remained unchanged.

I am wondering how is this even feat. You mind hax some people, and then you ask me if you want to mind hax me or not, now I refuse and say to you no (giving you no permission) how is this resistance to begin with?

Sounds skill issue.
It would've been a resistance feat if King Kai would've tried anyways but since Goku refused he realizes he can't do it. But this is not what happens here

This does not even imply he got any resistance? Are you giving resistance based on a speculation of yours?

Again, my stance is remained unchanged.
It’s not speculation, I have stuff supporting that being the case and I actually said it in that, imma assume you just didn’t know what speculation means but don’t twist my words. If you want scans just say the word.

Again, look at your premise of the thread
Porunga was unable to teleport Goku without his permission despite previously being able to teleport Vegeta and Piccolo without asking for their permission
Why would this grant any resistance? Imagine in the vsbattle and the other person has BFR and Goku resists because Porunga “needed his permission”. So now the opponent that has BFR need his permission? Goku did not even resist the ability to begin with.

Also, I don't even need your authority if I know what is speculation term or not, bring an evidence that Goku resists BFR.

Again, look at your premise of the thread

Why would this grant any resistance? Imagine in the vsbattle and the other person has BFR and Goku resists because Porunga “needed his permission”. So now the opponent that has BFR need his permission? Goku did not even resist the ability to begin with.

Also, I don't even need your authority if I know what is speculation term or not, bring an evidence that Goku resists BFR.
Yea that’s the baseline explanation, I then went in more depth into why he needed his permission, the argument I came up with being Porunga in character just grants the wish without asking. So I then asked why did he do it for goku? The likely thing being he didn’t bc it wouldn’t make sense for him to give goku special treatment or whatever, so goku probably felt porunga trying to teleport him and stopped him mid way through it or something and then they had a conversation where goku was like no. You or anyone else here has yet to refute that argument, what aren’t you understanding?

Okay so obviously you don’t know what speculation means since you think I’m speculating lmao so here.
“the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.”
my evidence for why porunga asked him being what I said up top.
The evidence for goku resisting it is literally what I showed, you just think it’s not evidence for some bizarre reason.
And again, if you want scans for porunga in character wish granting, just ask.

Back