• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku revision

I'm pretty sure that this is just a case of Goku being too strong for Porunga to directly affect him without permission; not a specific resistance to BFR / Teleportation.

I'm pretty sure that this is just a case of Goku being too strong for Porunga to directly affect him without permission; not a specific resistance to BFR / Teleportation.
okay then, do you have any proof of this? Either way, if this is true, this just shows that his ki gives him resistance to BFR.

okay then, do you have any proof of this? Either way, if this is true, this just shows that his ki gives him resistance to BFR.
It's not a resistance if it isn't going to work on him in the first place. That's like saying Ki gives Resistance to Death Manipulation since you can't wish for a super-strong character to die via Porunga if he's too strong.

It's not a resistance if it isn't going to work on him in the first place. That's like saying Ki gives Resistance to Death Manipulation since you can't wish for a super-strong character to die via Porunga if he's too strong.
Oh okay, I should rename it to negation then? You aren’t refuting what I said. You then say “that’s like saying blah blah blah” and then don’t explain why that’s invalid.

It's not negation or resistance.

It's just a power difference.
Again, I asked you to provide proof, you have yet to do that. And again, like I said before, if what you’re saying is true, all this proves is that a difference in ki, grants you the ability resistance to BFR and potentially other things. You aren’t refuting my argument.

It's not negation or resistance.

It's just a power difference.
And also, the wiki you’re a mod for, the wiki itself says “The highest degree of resistance is outright Immunity, supposedly making the user in question completely unaffected by such abilities.” So idk why you’re saying it’s not a resistance. Even the actual definition of resistance is the refusal to accept something.

And also, the wiki you’re a mod for, the wiki itself says “The highest degree of resistance is outright Immunity, supposedly making the user in question completely unaffected by such abilities.” So idk why you’re saying it’s not a resistance. Even the actual definition of resistance is the refusal to accept something.

It is just a limitation of the dragon, it is stated that they can't affect someone more powerful than them

It is just a limitation of the dragon, it is stated that they can't affect someone more powerful than them
This directly gets contradicted by the fact that Porunga can teleport away Vegeta and Piccolo, unless you tryna make some weird argument that guru or something is over end of namek Piccolo and Vegeta??

@Damage3245 is literally correct its like why kami couldn't just bfr the saiyans into the sun or something witha a wish they're beyond the dragons power which is limited to what the creator can do with their ki's, that's literally always how its been

Goku's above the current elder by far do porunga cannot just bfr Goku against his wishes as that'd be beyond his power

Kinda disproven by the fact that Goku explicitly tells them not to wish that he's teleported to Earth in an earlier wish, if Goku could just make it so he's unaffected by the wish because of some very random resistance, there would be no point to this, and of course he directly implies in the bottom left panel that he wouldn't be able to ignore it if they wished it so.
8516f0bef1a3b3d593a9e636bb9fec56.png

While it is possible that Goku has resistance, there is obviously other explanations, such as Porunga just giving Goku the choice for some unexplained reason which is backed up by what Porunga says, they clearly had a conversation about it and it's hardly like Goku having a random resistance is any more factual than that option.

I guess if it was really necessary, I could see a possible resistance for BFR

Kinda disproven by the fact that Goku explicitly tells them not to wish that he's teleported to Earth in an earlier wish, if Goku could just make it so he's unaffected by the wish because of some very random resistance, there would be no point to this, and of course he directly implies in the bottom left panel that he wouldn't be able to ignore it if they wished it so.

While it is possible that Goku has resistance, there is obviously other explanations, such as Porunga just giving Goku the choice for some unexplained reason which is backed up by what Porunga says, they clearly had a conversation about it and it's hardly like Goku having a random resistance is any more factual than that option.

This that's basically how I see things at most maybe possibly

Any proof that porunga isn't?
I would say you should prove your argument since you’re kinda implying that guru > vegeta and piccolo but I’m not even gonna do that since you obviously have no argument anymore. Nail is implied to be stronger than guru, nail power lvl is 42k, vegeta and piccolo power lvl is above that. Stop trolling me.

I would say you should prove your argument since you’re kinda implying that guru > vegeta and piccolo but I’m not even gonna do that since you obviously have no argument anymore. Nail is implied to be stronger than guru, nail power lvl is 42k, vegeta and piccolo power lvl is above that. Stop trolling me.
Prime guru might as well

Okay cool, goku probably didn’t even know he could just resist a wish, so he was under the mind set that if the wish is granted it’s over since for his entire life he knew the dragon balls as this items that could grant any wish. He most likely found out when porunga actually tried to teleport him that he could resist it.

For the second part you wrote, we know porunga just teleports ppl without asking them or anything like that, so why did he do it with goku? Have you ever thought that maybe he didn’t? We know in character he just grant wishes without asking or anything. It’s implied that Goku probably felt him tryna BFR him or something and he stopped him mid way through it.

Last edited:
He has resistance to BFR
Porunga was unable to teleport Goku without his permission despite previously being able to teleport Vegeta and Piccolo without asking for their permission

The dragons grant any wish within their power. Goku is above Porunga

So is vegeta and piccolo yet… kinda the whole reason why I brought up that part in the first place.
True, but it was also brought up that it was implied that Goku himself believed that he could have been teleported, as a super saiyan. So I’m a little questionable of the validity of this argument

I disagree. This was due to Porunga’s Wish Granting having the weakness of being unable to affect people beyond his power against their will, not a Resistance for Goku.
You and multiple other people are simply not reading, not understanding or just outright ignoring the argument that’s being made.

True, but it was also brought up that it was implied that Goku himself believed that he could have been teleported, as a super saiyan. So I’m a little questionable of the validity of this argument
And I already went over that, the likely reason was Goku didn’t know he could resist the power of the dragon balls at the time. It would make sense for why he could suddenly do it like not even 10 chapters laters. Since it’s from 323-329

in fact it is debatable possible resistance to BFR

Unfortunately for you, that’s headcanon and guru isn’t in his prime in the namek saga 💀
He was when he created the dragon, and given the rule of how the dragons work, he should have been stronger than these characters, another explanation is that porunga just decided not to return goku as it is said that they talked

It seems much more reasonable for it to be the existing known mechanic of the Dragon Balls than an unexplained resistance to teleportation that is never explained.
“Existing known mechanic”I’m assuming you’re referring to “if you more powerful than the dragon the wish doesn’t work on you” if you are, this just shows you’re completely ignoring the argument. The purpose of me showing piccolo and vegeta was bc porunga could teleport ppl more powerful than him, but couldn’t do so to goku, unless you’re like the other guy and seriously tryna argue that guru is above them smh

“Existing known mechanic”I’m assuming you’re referring to “if you more powerful than the dragon the wish doesn’t work on you” if you are, this just shows you’re completely ignoring the argument. The purpose of me showing piccolo and vegeta was bc porunga could teleport ppl more powerful than him, but couldn’t do so to goku, unless you’re like the other guy and seriously tryna argue that guru is above them smh
Proof that piccolo and vegeta are more powerful than porunga?

Proof that piccolo and vegeta are more powerful than porunga?
I already did, nail over guru, piccolo over nail, stop trolling me. You’re the one who asserted and making the argument that prime guru is over vegeta and piccolo so now you need to provide proof for your claim, stop asking me to prove this and that just so you won’t have to prove what you’re saying.

I already did, nail over guru, piccolo over nail, stop trolling me. You’re the one who asserted and making the argument that prime guru is over vegeta and piccolo so now you need to provide proof for your claim, stop asking me to prove this and that just so you won’t have to prove what you’re saying.
Also given the mechanic of how the dragons work, prime guru would be stronger than them

Seems to me like it's just one of the rules of Porunga: Dude doesn't wanna be teleported, then he isn't allowed to teleport them.

Also given the mechanic of how the dragons work, prime guru would be stronger than them
“Given the mechanic” yea the mechanic that only applies to earth dragons balls, being that other dragon balls can make someone the strongest in the universe even tho the creator of said dragon balls are far weaker. Goku also notes that shenron can’t do something like make you the strongest in the universe bc it’s beyond his power but the Cerealian Dragon Balls can even tho the creator of those dragon balls is weaker than granolah?? It’s obvious it’s only a limitation of shenron, there’s literally no reason for you to apply it to other dragon balls. If you want scans tell me

We literally talked about this in the thread to remove resistance to hakai

I disagree for Damage and Purgy's reasons

I'm still neutral. but this guru stronger than vegeta and piccolo argument is absurd. There is no proof that he is stronger than even characters like nail, let alone piccolo who had more than 1 million fighting power, or vegeta who if I remember correctly had more than 2 million.

Back