• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

The issue is the amount of time and effort it would take to sift through all the profiles.

I would do it but I don't know how much of a help I'd be since a lot of these profiles probably belong to characters I don't know well.

Hard to say, probably the same as things like senzu beans or like, non-health Regenerationn, or something. They go hand in hand (stamina and health) but often verses try to divide these concepts. It should be a sub category of Regenerationn. Where it's not just injuries but a stamina, magical, ethereal, dimensional (etc) kind of regen and not just coming back from death or being atomized

Yeah but they didn't heal Goku's heart virus, and Goku & Frieza "healing" each other works similarly. Is the Gohan thing an outlier for them too?

Life Force Transferal? It wouldn't necessarily imply healing, more bolstering what's there so they survive long enough to obtain healing.

ChemistKyle89 said:
Life Force Transferal? It wouldn't necessarily imply healing, more bolstering what's there so they survive long enough to obtain healing.
Logical. There are things that bodies need to survive, not just lack of injury, this can apply in a spiritual or ethereal way too, such as ki.

He just gave him some energy, that's all.

I think a new "power" should be created in the powers section, something like spiritual resistance, other than special resistance, spiritual resistance is basically an extra resistance instead of a hax resistance. It can be used both as normal resistance, as hax resistance and physical resistance

For the senzu beans, that is totally healing. Healing a virus and healing physical damage aren't comparable things.

That said, no to the healing. Freeza was alive despite getting blasted all over again by Goku and being left in Namek as it exploded - it is just his natural hardiness. But Goku can indeed transfer energy.

And I have literally no clue what this "spiritual" resistance you speak of is or how it is even related to the thread, Hak.

Nah, as he doesn't give new powers to Frieza. You could just write that he can share his energy in a parenthesis alongside ki manip, or write :"can lend others his energy" and have it link to Energy Manip.

I remember a thread like this and it was decided that it's just energy/chi manipulation.

So, this made me look. Goku states "I gave you a bit of my ki..." Perhaps we could add (can transfer portions to others) inside the Ki Manipulation bracket.

Or because lending energy is pretty common we could just add it under the "Possible Uses" section of Chi Manipulation.

Chi Emission: Chi Manipulators are often able to emit their Chi from their bodies for various effects, most frequently in the form of an Energy Attack or an Aura. Depending on the work, Chi emission can be far more flexible, allowing users to performs feats of Elemental Manipulation, Magic, creating constructs to use as weapons, granting a portion of their chi to others and other abilities.

That works. It would cover things like people/plants/animals/etc. lending energy for the spirit bomb, and the Toei versions all sending energy to Goku to fight Broly.

What about also including Chi Absorbtion as well, since Frieza absorbed the energy, Cell sucked a bunch of people dry of their energy, Androids 19 & 20 absorbed energy, and Toei Goku absorbed a Spirit Bomb when fighting Android 13. Also, since Chakra Manipulation leads to the Chi Manipulation page, this would cover things like Sage Mode (I think, sort of).

So if this is already covered, do we need to do anything more here?

AKM sama said:
Chi Emission: Chi Manipulators are often able to emit their Chi from their bodies for various effects, most frequently in the form of an Energy Attack or an Aura. Depending on the work, Chi emission can be far more flexible, allowing users to performs feats of Elemental Manipulation, Magic, creating constructs to use as weapons, granting a portion of their chi to others and other abilities.
@Ant This needs to be done. I want to add the bolded text under the "Possible Uses" section of Chi Manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back