• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku can't beat pre crisis superman?

This is not a vs thread. I'm just asking a question because I saw cartoon fight club ep 30. They said Superman is beyond limits and broke infinity (because of this: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111166158/4783513-3494433-9225710433-27769.jpg)

They also litterally said "Superman can obtain any power he imagine, so if Goku does something, Superman can do it better". I wanted to know if it was right or not.

I ask this because they did something weird. They knew Goku was at least a multi galaxy buster (they even said he was an universe buster). But it seems they don't understand how durability works with db characters: if a character can destroy a moon he has moon level durability, if a character can destroy a planet he has planet level durability etc ...

And they made Goku lose to superman because he sneezed on Goku. Which is stupid because his sneeze (enhanced by mr mxyzptlk's powder) is at solar system level.

Also, I have serious doubts about the fact "Superman can obtain any power he wants" because if it was real, then he'd ask for a reality warping ability that exceeds the one of mr mxyzptlk so he wouldn't have to make him pronounce/spell his name backwards.

I'd like to know your opinion about this.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Well Pre-crisis is crazy strong.. But I think Superman can win if he has Sword of Superman. Also, about that power obtaining thing.. I heard that its mostly gaining powers for plot progression. Current Goku is multi-galaxy, so he should survive that sneeze. (And like what you mentioned, it was enhanced) I do believe SSGSS Goku would lose IF PC Supes has his sword.

I'm not too sure if this helps, but I hope it did!

ShinyMagicalGirl said:
Well Pre-crisis is crazy strong.. But I think Superman can win if he has Sword of Superman. Also, about that power obtaining thing.. I heard that its mostly gaining powers for plot progression. Current Goku is multi-galaxy, so he should survive that sneeze. (And like what you mentioned, it was enhanced) I do believe SSGSS Goku would lose IF PC Supes has his sword.
don't remember who nor when, but someone posted a manga panel where Beerus sneeze and destroy a star, and Goku said than than could knock off, don't known if that it was going to kill him exactly...

Antoniofer said:
ShinyMagicalGirl said:
don't remember who nor when, but someone posted a manga panel where Beerus sneeze and destroy a star, and Goku said than than could knock off, don't known if that it was going to kill him exactly...
I'm pretty sure Goku was annoyed that Beerus was destroying stars for no reason. Mind you, I don't really watch DBS or anything, so this is all hearsay.

We have to note one thing here: the thing about Beerus' sneeze was made "againt" (accidentally) base form Goku (if I remember). While Superman pre crisis sneeze was enhanced (if I remember normal random humans were able to flip cars while they were affected by Mr mxyzptlk's powder). Also, I think sleeping Beerus only uses a minuscule part of his full power.

I'd say that's normally impossible to hurt Goku for pre crisis superman because Goku has multi galaxy durability and just in our own galaxy there are between 200 and 400 billions of stars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way). Meaning Superman should be billions of time more powerful to just hurt Goku. However of course things are different if he has Superman's sword (but it wasn't even mentionned in their vid).

And so bacically that "gaining power" thing just happened a very few time for the plot? So it's not something Superman can do whenever he wants?

Supes is WAY faster. Goku is WAYYY stronger and WAYY more durable. Supes has the edge in hax, but mostly because Goku has none whatsoever. Stalemate IMO. One can't touch the other, one can't hurt the other.

Well pre-crisis is far faster but can't damage Goku while Goku can damage him so he wins but not easily but if anyone uses Sword of Superman then supes would stomp so it would depend whether pre-crisis has the sword or not

SA Superman is stupidly overpowered, he was made to be anything and literately can make any new ability on the fly, it is almost unfair on how haxd he is

FanofRPGs said:
SA Superman is stupidly overpowered, he was made to be anything and literately can make any new ability on the fly, it is almost unfair on how haxd he is
Kinda why I love the guy lol.

The real cal howard said:
Just checked Supes durability. I am now fully sold on stalemate, barring the sword of superman.
ik the durability but Goku is at least 3-B like still borderline universal

If I remember he already lost against Solomon Grundy and the thing (who are slow as hell) right?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Just checked Supes durability. I am now fully sold on stalemate, barring the sword of superman.
The point I'm trying to make is that on the incredibly off chance that Goku could hit him, it wouldn't one shot him.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
The point I'm trying to make is that on the incredibly off chance that Goku could hit him, it wouldn't one shot him.
Yeah so I said it won't be easy at all while having the sword of superman makes pre-crisis just outright wins against Goku

TISSG7Redgrave said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Yeah so I said it won't be easy at all while having the sword of superman makes pre-crisis just outright wins against Goku
True. Let's just say both characters are icons and let others go on this thread. As stated before, they'll probably team up to fight a potara fusion of golden frieza and darkseid or something. Like Goldark Frieseid. That would be cool.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
True. Let's just say both characters are icons and let others go on this thread. As stated before, they'll probably team up to fight a potara fusion of golden frieza and darkseid or something. Like Goldark Frieseid. That would be cool.
True that would be awesome ^^^^

Wbaez93 said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:
Wbaez93 said:
SuperGokuMan said:
PC Supes could time travel and destroy Goku when he's a kid.
Yeah, he would kill a Goku from a different timeline.
which is absolutely irrelevant
Supes time travels.
Goku is like "wtf?"

Supes kills kid Goku

Meanwhile, Goku is still confused, Goku goes to train.
  • another version of kid goku

the problem with pre crisis superman is that a ton of his arguments are no limit fallacies relying on writter intent.

"pre crisis supes was written to be invincible! that's the point of his character, he can make up new powers and will always be stronger than whatever he fights"

See, that's not technically incorrect, but using that sort of stuff in VS battles between different franchises is really dumb IMO. it's like saying Saitama beats Galactus in 1 punch because he's a parody character written to always be massively above anything he fights.

Wbaez93 said:
You get the point. So, what is this discussion about? o.o
to make it clear to anyone who thinks time travel will help that they are wrong (i know you understand, but this comprehensive conversation shud help them)

p

Now that I think about it ... shouldn't pre crisis superman be downgraded to "large star level" since his solar system feat wasn't done with his own strenght but because of mr mxyzptlk's powder?

Jeune fou said:
Now that I think about it ... shouldn't pre crisis superman be downgraded to "large star level" since his solar system feat wasn't done with his own strenght but because of mr mxyzptlk's powder?
I think that is only one of his many feats, and don't known much about that context... you have some lucky that no one upgrade pre Supa to Galaxy level

Back