• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright if Kirby was having trouble against the black hole then I don't think black would be able to be on the offensive, so I'm going to change my vote for magolor with very high diff. Unless someone can provide a good enough argument that can convince me black can deal with the black hole.

Darkmon cns said:
Not the point. Point is, people were saying that Black's speed would allow him to escape the black hole with low diff, likely assuming that the black hole was moving at normal black hole speeds.

TheNarwhalKing said:
Alright if Kirby was having trouble against the black hole then I don't think black would be able to be on the offensive, so I'm going to change my vote for magolor with very high diff. Unless someone can provide a good enough argument that can convince me black can deal with the black hole.
With speed Equal black is as fast as Magolor

With speed Equal black is as fast as Magolor </div> Speed being equalized doesnt change the black hole and so far thats not going to be easy at all for black to deal with espescially considering kirby himself was being dragged in.

TheNarwhalKing said:
With speed Equal black is as fast as Magolor
Speed being equalized doesnt change the black hole and so far thats not going to be easy at all for black to deal with espescially considering kirby himself was being dragged in. </div> Actually Kirby was being dragged in without the warp star which is where his speed comes from ( at least that's my understanding) there is nothing that distinguishes it from his foot speed because he can make it at any time eliminating the need to but in that boss battle Kirby was on his feet.

The real cal howard said:
Combat speed = short burst speed, which Kirby was using. Otherwise, limit DB to FTL+.
No the speed on his profile from my understanding is from the warp star which he was not using in that boss battle

Again, false. Kirby has constantly demonstrated combat speed comparable to the warpstar and those who can keep up with the warpstar (Dedede, Meta Knight, Nightmare, the Wheelie enemy, etc.) And as I said before, combat speed=short burst speed.

Again, false. Kirby has constantly demonstrated combat speed comparable to the warpstar and those who can keep up with the warpstar (Dedede, Meta Knight, Nightmare, the Wheelie enemy, etc.) And as I said before, combat speed=short burst speed.
Ok but still with speed equal black should be able to resist the black hole as his speed would be the same as his opponent who could keep up with Kirby.

No one said he couldn't resist it. I'm saying that he won't low diff ignore the black hole with sheer speed, and will need to expend a lot of effort to escape the pull of it.

No one said he couldn't resist it. I'm saying that he won't low diff ignore the black hole with sheer speed, and will need to expend a lot of effort to escape the pull of it.
Yes but the way you are saying it was making some people think he had no way too escape the black hole and only sticks around for a few seconds so he wouldn't have to expend a lot of effort to escape it or he could just teleport away.

It sticks around for a few seconds because game mechanics. This is the same guy who had the universe collapse when he was defeated.

It sticks around for a few seconds because game mechanics. This is the same guy who had the universe collapse when he was defeated.
So? It shows he can't do anything else while the black holes out he basically becomes it even if black gets sucked in he would likely survive as shown if Kirby survives he's sent out and before the point it would do damage to him black would probably use Instant Transmission to get away

Again, game mechanics. And what? He becomes the black hole? No. Also, Kirby has shown HEAVY resistance to black holes. And Black isn't the only one who can teleport.

Again, game mechanics. And what? He becomes the black hole? No. Also, Kirby has shown HEAVY resistance to black holes. And Black isn't the only one who can teleport.
1he does become the black hole did you look at the sequence with the black hole? 2 hes survived a few that wouldn't really qualify as heavy resistance they do quite a bit of damage

3 yes but it will still let him escape the black hole No matter what

You clearly see him teleport first, he doesn't become the black hole when he creates it in a weaker form, Kirby has survived at least 3 enemies who create black holes, and he has fought in them before.

You clearly see him teleport first, he doesn't become the black hole when he creates it in a weaker form, Kirby has survived at least 3 enemies who create black holes, and he has fought in them before.
After the black hole runs its time it turns into a ball of light and out of that ball pops Magolor.

2 in the games at least the ones I've played they do a whole lot of damage and you can't really survive going in twice.

Magolor teleports first and then creates the black hole. If he became the black hole, he'd have intangibility on his side, and would probably be a deciding factor. Also, I never said immunity. Only resistance. It's why he didn't die and only got hurt.

1 well not really if you think about it he would be most vulnerable in that state

2 well those are just durability feats I don't see a point of calling it a resistance

Because the singularity at the center has infinite energy. Something about lightspeed and such.

Because the singularity at the center has infinite energy. Something about lightspeed and such.
No it doesn't it's matter crammed in to an infinitely small space energy in the universe has been constant since the Big Bang I have no idea where you got the idea a black hole has infinite power sufficient durability should be able to survive inside of it.

Hmm @Cal this may change my vote...

His black hole does act like a real one right? (Aka insta-kills)

No, but Kirby has severe resistance to black holes. He's showed black hole resistance at least 4 times, and this one is the most recent.

Hmm, well as long as these black holes actually behave like real ones, though Kirby having a resistance to it seems strange (Does kirby have a gravity resistance feat to help back this up?) then Magolor probably wins

let me see so Magolor's best attacks that could help are reality warping and the blacks hole because Kirby had trouble from what i read but Black can kill Magolor with his Scythe and he can adapt with clones basically can regen from vapor and is stronger so idk maybe Black with high difficulty

@SD. Well, he did chase a being into a black hole and fought him there. And he can resist the pull of literally anything in stone.

@SD. Well, he did chase a being into a black hole and fought him there. And he can resist the pull of literally anything in stone.
That wasn't at the singularity and stone weighs 8 tons.

SomebodyData said:
Hmm, well as long as these black holes actually behave like real ones, though Kirby having a resistance to it seems strange (Does kirby have a gravity resistance feat to help back this up?) then Magolor probably wins
Not really with instant transmission the black hole won't be much help

Eh, the first one isn't exactly the best example (more anti-example actually, as the existence of another being in it suggests that the black hole doesn't actually act like one), not sure about the second one.

Regardless, I trust you and the ratings enough to believe in it being an actual black hole unless proved otherwise.

Thanks. Also, if it's any consolation, Azzy considers Magolor's black holes to be legit too.

SomebodyData said:
Eh, the first one isn't exactly the best example (more anti-example actually, as the existence of another being in it suggests that the black hole doesn't actually act like one), not sure about the second one.

Regardless, I trust you and the ratings enough to believe in it being an actual black hole unless proved otherwise.
but the black hole would be useless against black he can just teleport out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back