• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Check Gojo's Notable Loses section on his profile, and you'll notice that this match was already done and added
Does the statistical difference indicate a win? As far as I know, Gojo infinity will be able to make Kakashi unable to reach Gojo. So the speed difference is useless here.

This match already has an outcome in the past.
Plus you're setting Gojo up after a downgrade, that's wild blud

could ya hold off with the VS fights for a bit JJK is going through some pretty heavy CRT's right now (them boys getting stronker) so lets let those play out since they are pretty big starting with a full on cosmology CRT which is a rather huge thing by itself already.

Last edited:
You need to equalise speed for this to not be a mismatch. Kamui is most likely going to bypass Infinity but Gojo does have wincons against Kakashi as well.

Doesn't Kakashi just spawn Kamui on Gojo and that's the end of the match, lol

This was already decided to be the case.

Out of speed equalized, this is a stomp.

In speed equalized, it's nearing on being a stomp, because Kakashi has answers to everything Gojo can do aside from UV. While Gojo can't even handle Kakashi's common techniques.

In speed equalized, it's nearing on being a stomp, because Kakashi has answers to everything Gojo can do aside from UV. While Gojo can't even handle Kakashi's common techniques.
If you think Kakashi instantly spawns a Kamui portal on Gojo's head and Gojo doesn't start off with UV, yeah. Kamui has a better range than UV.

Infinity is conceptual manipulation, kamui wont work
Infinity is not conceptual manipulation. That was removed.

Also, even if it was, Kamui can be spawned wherever Kakashi looks. If he looks at Gojo, he can just spawn it right on top of his body and absorb him.

It doesn't need to travel to the target.

Kamui isn't working here, it doesn't even bypass math manip. Effecting regular space =/ affecting limitless. The homie Sukuna literally needed to bypass infinity by targeting the concept of existence.

However, Gojo's only hope here would be a luckily timed DE (pending Kakashi's travel speed) or somehow grasping him in place with blue long enough for his singularity or space slicer.

I vote Inconclusive

Kamui isn't working here, it doesn't even bypass math manip. Effecting regular space =/ affecting limitless. The homie Sukuna literally needed to bypass infinity by targeting the concept of existence.

However, Gojo's only hope here would be a luckily timed DE (pending Kakashi's travel speed) or somehow grasping him in place with blue long enough for his singularity or space slicer.

I vote Inconclusive
The Kamui doesn't need to travel. It can spawn wherever Kakashi looks. Like, it is literally just a hole that opens and sucks things. And it can be spawned directly on your person (such as, directly on Gojo's head, or even inside of his body), which is an in-character move, and also a starting move.

So what exactly do you mean when you say it doesn't work, or that it can't bypass?

The Kamui doesn't need to travel. It can spawn wherever Kakashi looks. Like, it is literally just a hole that opens and sucks things. And it can be spawned directly on your person (such as, directly on Gojo's head, or even inside of his body), which is an in-character move, and also a starting move.

So what exactly do you mean when you say it doesn't work, or that it can't bypass?
That doesn't matter, it still needs to bypass a space it has no feats of interacting with. Spawn on target doesn't work, which is why Sukuna needed an extremely roundabout way of hitting Gojo outside of his domain and had to go to such extremes. The moment Kamui lands on the space Kakashi thinks Gojo is in, it's going to be subject to Infinity.

Not really sure where the notion that spawn on target bypass infinity came from tbh.

Spawn on target doesn't work
Any source for this?

The moment Kamui lands on the space Kakashi thinks Gojo is in, it's going to be subject to Infinity.
Uh, how? The space Kakashi thinks Gojo is in, would be the space he is in. It's not like Gojo is separate from the reality he appears to be in. He's not creating some wild illusion or pocket dimension. Sukuna even explicitly states that he is still within the "world"/"existence." So I don't understand what you mean.

Kamui can't really be spammed so there's that and that it's not gonna work on Purple. For similar reasons why he couldn't properly kamui the Gedo statue, it's too bit of a target and Purple backs some gnarly AoE to it.

Any source for this?
Targeting outside the range of what Gojo's infinity could cover. Essentially what Sukuna did was target everything that infinity existed in, the world, existence and fundamental space itself.

The Raw's make it much easier to understand, credit goes to @Arc7Kuroi

||はじめ貴様の不可侵に適応した摩虎羅は||
||From the start, Maho was adapting to your infinity||
||不可侵を中和無効化するように自らの呪力を変質させていた||
||It altered its cursed energy in order to neutralize and disable your infinity||
||それは俺にはできないことだだから待った||
||That is something I couldn't do, thus I waited||
||俺に合った不可侵への適応を||
||I adapted to infinity as it suited me||
||二度目の適応は期待通りのものだったあれは俺のように斬撃を飛ばしたわけではない||
||The second adaptation was as hoped for, that thing (Maho) didn't hurl slashes like me ||
||おれは術式対象の拡張だ||
||I am the extension of the cursed technique||
||術式対象を五条悟ではなく空間存在世界そのものまで拡張し||
||I extended the cursed technique to the very spatial existence of the world itself, not Gojo||
||斬る||
||and I cut||

"to put it in perspective, there is manipulating space as in basic spatial manip, the next tier is like manipulating the concepts and laws of space itself, and the final tier and tier above that is manipulating the very form, existence, platonic concept of space itself, which is what Sukuna did." - Arc.

Any source for this?
Sukuna manifest his regular slashes onto a desired area he wants. They don't fly out towards him. Sukuna spent the whole fight and needed Mahoraga to literally pull off the impossible before he found a way to bypass infinity.

Kamui works by manifesting chakra onto a target area which then begins the process of dimensional transportation. Meaning the moment Kakashi tries to manifest via chakra, it's going to be subject to getting yeeted. Gojo's math manip will take precedence.
Uh, how? The space Kakashi thinks Gojo is in, would be the space he is in.
That's false. This i literally how everyone gets got by Gojo. After spawning fire directly onto Gojo's head, Jogo swears that he made contact with Gojo proper, and Gojo tells him he is wrong, he hit the infinity space.

Furthermore, when explaining how he beat Gojo, Sukuna mentions needing to target all of existence because Gojo existed in "that world" (infinity space obviously being a subset of existence), highlighting Infinity space indeed being it's own separate "world" or realm. Unless Kakashi is targeting the same scope of reality, I'm not sure how one would argue he could target Gojo through Infinity.
It's not like Gojo is separate from the reality he appears to be in. He's not creating some wild illusion or pocket dimension. Sukuna even explicitly states that he is still within the "world"/"existence." So I don't understand what you mean.
Sukuna needed to target every aspect of existence in totality to hit Gojo and explicitly stated he needed to do so to hit Gojo in "that world".

For analogy, imagine you have a universe. Character A has universal range. Let's say there is a parallel universe that is unreacheable by the first universe (this universe being Gojo's infinity realm). Character A won't be able to target anyone in the second universe. However, assume the reality is low 1-c and said universes are substrates, by targeting the low 1-c realm, you would have access to bypassing the initial problem of inaccessibility between universes.

This illustration does a pretty good job as representing the general concept.

Targeting outside the range of what Gojo's infinity could cover. Essentially what Sukuna did was target everything that infinity existed in, the world, existence and fundamental space itself.

The Raw's make it much easier to understand, credit goes to @Arc7Kuroi

||はじめ貴様の不可侵に適応した摩虎羅は||
||From the start, Maho was adapting to your infinity||
||不可侵を中和無効化するように自らの呪力を変質させていた||
||It altered its cursed energy in order to neutralize and disable your infinity||
||それは俺にはできないことだだから待った||
||That is something I couldn't do, thus I waited||
||俺に合った不可侵への適応を||
||I adapted to infinity as it suited me||
||二度目の適応は期待通りのものだったあれは俺のように斬撃を飛ばしたわけではない||
||The second adaptation was as hoped for, that thing (Maho) didn't hurl slashes like me ||
||おれは術式対象の拡張だ||
||I am the extension of the cursed technique||
||術式対象を五条悟ではなく空間存在世界そのものまで拡張し||
||I extended the cursed technique to the very spatial existence of the world itself, not Gojo||
||斬る||
||and I cut||

"to put it in perspective, there is manipulating space as in basic spatial manip, the next tier is like manipulating the concepts and laws of space itself, and the final tier and tier above that is manipulating the very form, existence, platonic concept of space itself, which is what Sukuna did." - Arc.
How exactly does this prove why spawn-on-body attacks don't work on Gojo?
Sukuna manifest his regular slashes onto a desired area he wants. They don't fly out towards him. Sukuna spent the whole fight and needed Mahoraga to literally pull off the impossible before he found a way to bypass infinity.
Sukuna's slashes are still shown to travel, though. This is pretty clear in the anime. His slashes have a clear direction to them. He isn't just opening wounds on someone's body.
Kamui works by manifesting chakra onto a target area which then begins the process of dimensional transportation. Meaning the moment Kakashi tries to manifest via chakra, it's going to be subject to getting yeeted. Gojo's math manip will take precedence.
How will the Infinity affect chakra that's just, inside of Gojo's body, for example?
That's false. This i literally how everyone gets got by Gojo. After spawning fire directly onto Gojo's head, Jogo swears that he made contact with Gojo proper, and Gojo tells him he is wrong, he hit the infinity space.
He didn't spawn attacks on/inside Gojo's body, he just erupted a flame on his head, so obviously that wouldn't bypass.

Furthermore, when explaining how he beat Gojo, Sukuna mentions needing to target all of existence because Gojo existed in "that world" (infinity space obviously being a subset of existence), highlighting Infinity space indeed being it's own separate "world" or realm. Unless Kakashi is targeting the same scope of reality, I'm not sure how one would argue he could target Gojo through Infinity.
This is just one way to get through Infinity, though. And from what I know, nobody in JJK can do things that just "spawn" on you.

The only one who does is Takaba, and he was stated to have the potential of rivalling Gojo, wasn't he?

Sukuna's slashes are still shown to travel, though. This is pretty clear in the anime. His slashes have a clear direction to them. He isn't just opening wounds on someone's body.
Yes he is, you can see in this scan that the cut on Yuji's ear and foot both begin on Yuji's body.

Kakashi has to manifest chakra from his Sharingan on his desired target and then transport them. The manifested chakra is never going to actually target Gojo.
How will the Infinity affect chakra that's just, inside of Gojo's body, for example?
Gojo is immune to the effects. You can't manifest chakra inside of a sorcerer due to their body being a domain. Gojo has infinity on top of that. So I don't think that's much of an option.
He didn't spawn attacks on/inside Gojo's body, he just erupted a flame on his head, so obviously that wouldn't bypass.
Jogo does this by raising the ambient heat around his target. So Jogo clearly knew the space he was targeting with this attack and also expressly had the feeling of hitting Gojo. Yet it did not include Gojo's actual position despite the area of Gojo's head being "engulfed"
This is just one way to get through Infinity, though. And from what I know, nobody in JJK can do things that just "spawn" on you.
Sukuna does as mentioned, and Gojo is heavily implied to be unstoppable to most clans/abilities. Which would also include cursed speech which manifest things into reality directly.
The only one who does is Takaba, and he was stated to have the potential of rivalling Gojo, wasn't he?
Yeah, his power, but that's way to vague of a thing to correlate to the specific argument you are trying to use, especially since it is talking about the potency of the technique not about it vs Limitless directly.

Yes he is, you can see in this scan that the cut on Yuji's ear and foot both begin on Yuji's body.
How do you know it didn't also cut through the space to the side of him, which Sukuna's slashes usually do?

Gojo is immune to the effects. You can't manifest chakra inside of a sorcerer due to their body being a domain. Gojo has infinity on top of that. So I don't think that's much of an option.
How exactly does the 'body being a domain' translate to it nullifying Chakra? Infinity doesn't cancel spawn-on-target abilities.
Jogo does this by raising the ambient heat around his target. So Jogo clearly knew the space he was targeting with this attack and also expressly had the feeling of hitting Gojo. Yet it did not include Gojo's actual position despite the area of Gojo's head being "engulfed"
"Around his target," yes, which means he can't really spawn fire onto Gojo, he can only attempt to manipulate the air and temperature around him, which is subjected to Infinity.

Which would also include cursed speech which manifest things into reality directly.
Pretty sure it requires the sound/cursed energy to actually make contact with the person, which would obviously not be able to affect Gojo since it still involves travelling.

Also, the potency of that technique is tied to the cursed energy he uses, and the cursed energy of the opponent. Gojo is likely to resist it completely due to his immense amount of cursed energy, rather than Infinity just inherently negating its "spawn-target" effect (Which is questionable in the first place).

How do you know it didn't also cut through the space to the side of him, which Sukuna's slashes usually do?
It does sometimes such as with this cut, but if you look at the panel you can tell where each slash begins by following the blood trail. Several of the slices on Yuji originate on his person and extend outward into space, the cut on his foot and ear also begin directly from the body from where we see. You could maybe argue the ear extending beyond, but the foot one has ground underneath Yuji and see see it goes up from the bottom and outward.
How exactly does the 'body being a domain' translate to it nullifying Chakra? Infinity doesn't cancel spawn-on-target abilities.
Because chakra will not be able to manifest inside of a sorceror's body. You would have to imbue a physical item with chakra and forcibly insert that item into the user first. This is from the databook after Gege answered regarding Hanami's bud attack.

It can as shown. Spawn on target also doesn't logically answer the problem of Infinity. I haven't been told how that mechanic bypasses the array of hax composing limitless.
"Around his target," yes, which means he can't really spawn fire onto Gojo, he can only attempt to manipulate the air and temperature around him, which is subjected to Infinity.
Not quite, Jogo is perceiving the volume encompassing Gojo's head and attempting to materialize heat radiation which is propagated by massless EM waves. Despite that, Jogo's attack was unable to transfer heat to the area Jogo was perceiving Gojo to be.
Pretty sure it requires the sound/cursed energy to actually make contact with the person, which would obviously not be able to affect Gojo since it still involves travelling.
That's only for mental manipulation. Cursed users can do much more than that such as having the victim randomly be crushed or have their life sapped. We also know Gojo can talk/hear while having Infinity up as he's done it many times.
Also, the potency of that technique is tied to the cursed energy he uses, and the cursed energy of the opponent. Gojo is likely to resist it completely due to his immense amount of cursed energy, rather than Infinity just inherently negating its "spawn-target" effect (Which is questionable in the first place).
Which would mean Gojo can resist an energy system (CE) manifesting effects on him via CM 3 and Subjective reality.

Yeah I don't really agree with the interpretations here. I think you could easily interpret the Yuji panel as still having slashes that started off of his body and then made contact with him, but are simply invisible. I think that's the most logical conclusion, anyway.

I also don't know why the domain body thing answers chakra, which is a completely different power system.

Nor do I think that Cursed Speech is spawn on target.

As far as I know, Takaba is the only real spawn on target character in JJK, and is treated as being having especially high potential because of his technique, to the point of rivalling Gojo.

While it's unlikely the spawn on target attacks are the only reason for that, I would reckon it's a pretty big factor.

Probably not gonna debate this further, however, since it seems White just has a completely different view on these things, down to the point of just actually interpreting the panels differently..

Back