• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gogeta and Broly's dimensional shattering feat

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
So, as the title suggests, I want to discuss the feat at 2:55 and 3:42, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=506UnNSkM-Y&t=25s) and kinda 3:10 and 3:27 (did they affect the walls of space-time or something). It's potentially a content revision board, but for now, I just want to discuss the feat, and what it means. Though I guess it could already be some content revision as this feat maybe could be added to the Low 2-C justificiation. Anyway, let's talk about Gogeta and Broly shattering reality.

So...

better Portal Creation?

I mean, there's a difference between shattering pocket dimension walls and actual alternate dimensions

The novels says

"It describes SS Gogeta and SS Broly's energy as being so powerful that it like...surpassed or broke the boundaries of the universe which transported them to that other dimension. When Broly slams Gogeta around and we see more reality shattering it describes it as something like Broly smashing Gogeta against the walls of space. When they exit the dimension it's described as them 'crumbling' the dimension."

Mr John West said:
The novels says

"It describes SS Gogeta and SS Broly's energy as being so powerful that it like...surpassed or broke the boundaries of the universe which transported them to that other dimension. When Broly slams Gogeta around and we see more reality shattering it describes it as something like Broly smashing Gogeta against the walls of space. When they exit the dimension it's described as them 'crumbling' the dimension."
The fact that they did this at just SSJ is ridiculous

LightinAnt said:
@BlackeJan
This may very well be hax since it was stated that they shattered reality
How can it be hax when there own KI blast (which in Db is portrayed to be AP) shattered a dimension + when they clashe again with there fist (in DB, punching is whats portrayed to be AP) shattered the dimension again....thats not hax

Hax (although not that much) when they teleport away, AP when the dimension (although it could be either a subspace or a place completely outside the World) crumbles. And the last part was made when both were in SSB and LSS (or whatever is called now).

I believe the feat is unquantifiable since we don't know the nature of the "dimension" that was destroyed.

Only thing i know is when there fist clashed in the dimension and they were brought back to where they were, even in the far distance it looked like it didnt affect just the area they were at but EVEN farther down in the horizon

Yes, unquantificable since there's no size, is not in oneshot and is also possible that the dimension is just in a separated space rather than space-time.

Needs more information. I bet the dimension will come up later on in the series anyways. But an accurate translation of the scene might yield enough information.

Offical translation for the SSJ Broly vs SSJ Gogeta fight in the dimension

"As Broly lands a punch, Gogeta is blown away. But using this to his advantage, the Gogeta who had just gained distance gathers his hands at hip level in preparation for a ki blast stance. In response to that, Broly does the same.

Haaa!!
Gaaa!!

Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded.
The next instant, Gogeta and Broly found themselves within a dimension of swirling strange lights. The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart.

Not even bothering with the event that had just happened, Broly charges forward. After a few more exchanges Broly gets blown away by Gogeta's kick, but quickly manages to stop himself mid-air and raise his power as his body begins to shake.

Uuoooooo!!

As Broly releases an explosive ki, his hair begins to glow green. His ki had just shot up even more. However, Gogeta proceeded to charge without wincing. Gogeta lands a punch on Broly's cheek, but all it does is tilt Broly's head."

https://i.imgur.com/JZRKG1K.jpg

I hope I am not the only one that finds it funny the dimension couldn't seemingly hold their energy and simply shattered, but there's still some old lady shopping at the Wal-Mart equivalent somewhere in the world that likely doesn't feel even a small shake once they are back.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I hope I am not the only one that finds it funny the dimension couldn't seemingly hold their energy and simply shattered, but there's still some old lady shopping at the Wal-Mart equivalent somewhere in the world that likely doesn't feel even a small shake once they are back.
Nothing new in DB. The clash between SSG Goku and Beerus was destroying distant planets and stars even reaching the Kaioshin realm. But nothing happened on earth

The feat is at the very most Low 2-C (via getting everything out of proportions), and at least spatial hax.

No, the feat can be way greater than Low 2-C if the dimension itself is later on described as a Higher Dimension (5-D, or higher). The dimension itself is extremely ambigious as of now, so it would be Unquantifiable in AP. But it does indeed seem like a spatial hax.

I was refering with what we got (that isn't much), of course any fanboy would suggest stuff like the 5th dimension being destroyed (that I do not known how would play out destroying a higher dimension without affecting the lower ones), but the true is that is just a plain dimension, nothing else, just another place localized outside of the space from the World.

As for the spatial hax, is at least that due teleportation, subspace or dimentional travel, stuff that is a fact.

Out of curiosity wouldn't being able to breach into another dimension count as being capable of being capable of reaching into other universes? (Thus allowing for 2-C and 2-B)

""of course any fanboy would suggest stuff like the 5th dimension being destroyed.

I don't know any fanboy that would suggest destroying stuff like the 5th dimension. I said the writers could refer to the Dimension as 5th dimensional, and in turn, the feat could be High 2-A feat. Of course, This would just by an Outlier if it ever did happen.

"that I do not known how would play out destroying a higher dimension without affecting the lower ones"

It's an anime, They'd probably destroy a higher dimension and it wouldn't do anything to the lower ones. Try not to overthink it.

"but the true is that is just a plain dimension"

Do you know how ambigious this is? What even is a, 'plain dimension'? Again, not really much is known about the dimension, so I don't know why you assert one or the other.

"just another place localized outside of the space from the World."

This is headcanon. With the information we got, you can't say this is just another place outside of the space from the World. Quoting a piece that we got:

"Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded.
The next instant, Gogeta and Broly found themselves within a dimension of swirling strange lights. The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart."

So they went to another dimension, and that's the best we have. No where in there does it say anything about this is just another place outside of the space from the World. Could be a higher dimension for all I care. Not enough information to claim one or the other. Until more information comes out, It's Unquantifiable.

Why does this feat looks so similar to Archie Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles destroying the zone due to zone not being able to bear the power

JackJoyce said:
Nothing new in DB. The clash between SSG Goku and Beerus was destroying distant planets and stars even reaching the Kaioshin realm. But nothing happened on earth
Oh no I know very well. It's just the fact that it very explicitly blows the dimension up because it can't contain their energy, which we usually hypotethize is kept in or maintained under control via Ki Control to not end up blowing the goddamn universe a million thousand times over. Yet the dimension blowing feat would seem to contradict this, yet the normal world is fine.

It really feels like one of those "writers don't realize the implications of their writing" situation, but I doubt Toriyama would care about a detail like this.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
JackJoyce said:
Oh no I know very well. It's just the fact that it very explicitly blows the dimension up because it can't contain their energy, which we usually hypotethize is kept in or maintained under control via Ki Control to not end up blowing the goddamn universe a million thousand times over. Yet the dimension blowing feat would seem to contradict this, yet the normal world is fine.
It really feels like one of those "writers don't realize the implications of their writing" situation, but I doubt Toriyama would care about a detail like this.
Eh, judging from Goku's reaction to other universes blowing up, it could also be just as likely that he uses his ki control trick to nullify Broly's attacks when in the normal universe but let all of it go in alternate dimensions.

Would certainly make the "Goku's not a murderer" argument lay to rest completely.

It sounds too much like "special explanation that's not even barely hinted at for the sake of making senses of things" to me and I don't really like those sorts.

Not to mention there's not even an exchange of hits and punches and stuff. It's just them standing there, no nullifying on anyone's part to do when they go back to just standing there.

Most people ignore the fact that went they went out the lava and the was gone Some people say they are in a different area and yes but whis and bulma have not moved and the lava is gone it does not show up until broly punches the ground and it comes out again So there are 2 explations in my opinion An error from the animatiors ( but then why would they have broly punch the ground ) Or (I don't want to say it ) Gogeta and broly did something in that dimension that altered reality

Could be it's the most logical answer but then again why have broly punch the ground to get the lava out again ... If they do remake the broly movie into a saga then I hope they fix or expian that Well de Will have to wait until until dbs 2 to explain And to be honest if the feat is them. Breaking space time and altering reality then db must end or it's gonna be really boring I mean whats next ? But on the other hand I mean they could go to other dimensions and do their feats there Even so by power scalling it makes sense since goku black did make a hole in reality

I think that the clash between gogeta and broly didn't truly urpassed or broke the boundaries of the universe i think it was only theire ki energy or something like that i mean ultra instinct goku did also something similar like he created a galaxy by screaming but actually it was only gokus ki energy not a galaxy

Badrimoine2019 said:
I think that the clash between gogeta and broly didn't truly urpassed or broke the boundaries of the universe i think it was only theire ki energy or something like that i mean ultra instinct goku did also something similar like he created a galaxy by screaming but actually it was only gokus ki energy not a galaxy
huge ******* necro dude. you conparisons are also apples to oranges. Goku creating the spiral energy has nothing to do with Brolys or gogetas feats in any way. Goku actually did unleash energy in a spiral form, while we have no idea what the heck Gogeta and Broly did. But whatever they did, it definitely was physical, as Gogeta actually noticed his sorroundings

/e necro

didn't they oneshot the dimension? iirc they were destroying the giant pillars not dimensional walls. in the end once they punched each other really hard thats when the dimension broke.

Back