• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla Upgrade

Don't see the contradiction in the movie's feats whatsoever. Planet stuff was pretty easily thrown around by much weaker characters and Spacegodzilla's destruction of the planet comes off as a byproduct of beating Godzilla.

The website explicitly refers to the film, GDF quite literally just took these same descriptions, but the website explicitly refers to the movie.

As for how much he got, this is pretty weird to try quantifying. Definitely more than the baseline calc, as he'd be fodder otherwise and get bat away like a bug by the massively above planetary Godzilla, but it's true to an extent it doesn't say ALL of it. However, given the lack of words such as 'some of', 'part of' etc, it's safer to assume he got quite a bit. The animation shown to the audience of the film also indicates he's able to draw power into himself which means the surface area calc alone wouldn't be good enough. It also shows several colored variants, presumably for the viewer's benefit, indicating the multiple stars once again that he'd be feeding from.

"The energy" is a pretty neutral wording. All it's saying is that it got THAT specific type of energy, not all or some (though I feel like some would be the one to lean towards most.)

The entire energy contained within stars is High 4-C, as demonstrated during supernovas.

I can come to agree with Ant on the possibly.

Also are you saying he is holding back and not using his full power during his fights?

More that he isn’t exerting all of the energy he absorbed in every attack.
If he absorbed only a few stars, he wouldn’t have enough energy for more then a few star level attacks. (It is a bit vauge in how many.)
Even then it only states that he absorbed them, not that he exerts that much energy when attacking.

But that would still be holding back. And absorption doesn't run out like that in Godzilla you just keep the power as displayed with Godzilla and him going meltdown from it and Godzilla Jr. Taking all the energy from Godzilla's meltdown.

But yeah, we dont scale energy absorption to AP so adding 'possibly High 4-C' maks no sense either way

I was already kind of arguing for a "possibly" key, so while I'd like a straight upgrade, I can agree with Ant on matter.

Lets tally up the supporters and the opposed.
Again, this does not matter

This wiki does not function on 'more votes equals right'

Just bcause you and the rest of the godzilla wankers are trying to latch onto anything that inflates the values for the verse does not make you right and frankly im dissapointed with Ant for going against our own tiering standards as a means of trying to appease you rather than telling you no to keep the profiles accurate

Also High 4-C for absorbing "the energy of a star" is factually incorrect.

It's only Tier 6.

If you disagree you're wrong it doesn't matter how many people agree with you you're all factually wrong and it shouldn't be controversial to say it.

Okay so you're gonna stoop to calling us wankers. Alrighty then, Weekly. Also can I get the source for AP not scaling from absorption because I see it mentioned no where on the Absorption page.

Okay so you're gonna stoop to calling us wankers. Alrighty then, Weekly. Also can I get the source for AP not scaling from absorption because I see it mentioned no where on the Absorption page.
Dude its common sense, I hope I don't need to explain why when someone absorbs a lightning bolt it doesn't automatically translate to how hard you punch
What pages actually use absorption as a basis for AP?
C'mon link them I'm waiting cuz they likely need a revision then

How is it common sense when in the very series absorbing energy makes you stronger. I literally talked about two instances of it happening in the series already.

Because being made stronger does not necessarily mean that he turns all of the energy absorbed into physical power, on top of the afformentioned issue with the energy absorbed even being above tier 6 in the first place

How is it common sense when in the very series absorbing energy makes you stronger. I literally talked about two instances of it happening in the series already.
Okay and how getting stronger = exact same values my dude?
Again I really doubt a lightning bolt being absorbed means you now have its AP, since something tells me that your fist and a lightning bolt express joules in very different ways thus making the conversion not perfect
And again what pages use this line of reasoning, like legit get me pages that use this to back the fact this's not common sense cuz if it ain't you should have examples ready at your hand no?

If every single attack was comparable to the full energy it absorbed, they'd run out of energy to attack with after the very first attack they used. AP is determined by Shown Power Output, not the total energy they possess within themselves.

Dude its common sense, I hope I don't need to explain why when someone absorbs a lightning bolt it doesn't automatically translate to how hard you punch
What pages actually use absorption as a basis for AP?
C'mon link them I'm waiting cuz they likely need a revision then
I get the line of logic, but wouldn't being capable of absorbing the energies at least imply that your body is able to handle said energies? Does that not scale to durability?

I get the line of logic, but wouldn't being capable of absorbing the energies at least imply that your body is able to handle said energies? Does that not scale to durability?
No, I can be just fine containing the energy of a 10-A punch
But if I got hit by a 10-A punch I'd be royally hurt

Because being made stronger does not necessarily mean that he turns all of the energy absorbed into physical power, on top of the afformentioned issue with the energy absorbed even being above tier 6 in the first place
Ok, but when he firing energy blasts I don't understand how he is not using the energy he absorbed in the first place. And some of the other stuff in the op supports him being on that level such as the supernova stuff and the thing about him destroying everything in his path.

But yeah, we dont scale energy absorption to AP so adding 'possibly High 4-C' maks no sense either way
Still the game versions of SpaceGodzilla absorbed "THE" energy of multiple stellar explosions.

It wouldn't make sense to just absorb a few amount of energy of multiple supernovas, when he can simply could had absorbed the whole energy of a single one. lol

Is obvious on the GAMES he absorbed a HUGE amount of energy, it is even stated that he took a unbelivable amount of the supernovas.

Ok, but when he firing energy blasts I don't understand how he is not using the energy he absorbed in the first place.
Because if h used the nergy he absorbed in the first place he would run out of energy with a single attack
And some of the other stuff in the op supports him being on that level such as the supernova stuff and the thing about him destroying everything in his path.
How. How does this support being tier 4?

Back