• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla SP Novelization - Verse introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings people. It is time.
As a collective effort between me and @Apex_Predator_GX , we have finished, after months of work (and procrastination on my part), the big addition CRT.

Brought to you by the same writer who made The Self-reference engine, Godzilla Singular Point Novelization.
Now the anime has been out for a while and it was very much math oriented, however the novelization has a lot more information due to the presence of narration. The verse is most likely a separate canon due to different dialogues, somewhat different events, some cosmological discrepancies and powers that were not showcased in the anime or ones that functioned very differently. While the general premise is the same, those differences and all the additional context given to us by the narrator make it more safe to add as separate from the anime.
First off, here are the profiles.

Profiles:
Cosmology Explanation:

Scan Blog for the verse:

OVERVIEW

Now what I linked is the entire thing but for those who don't like reading too long, here is the overall summary of the revision.

The verse is consistently mentioning and talking directly about higher-dimensions. The whole general premise is that an entity, "It", who is the true form of Godzilla (and SHIVA) comes from a higher dimension. It is implied it sees each universe as a dream in which it creates its own physical body and tries to take over. The entity has destroyed thousands of universes and it seems that it also takes them over physically as it is explained that it is expanding it's domain. It usually creates its own body, embues it with a singularity (described to be a tear in reality made by It coming into contact with it, letting in the red dust, aka, the archetype molecules explained later, and the entities who are parts of It)
The entity has also become a "main stream" in its own dimension and made other entities on it's level become merely parts of it, its branches, which it uses however it wants. They destroy and take over universes and shift them into part of "It", which changes the structure of the universe as everything becomes archetype based.
Archetypes are molecules that extend into the higher dimensions. they are generated by "It" and are used by entities who are parts of it (and by It itself) as building blocks to change the universe with and to create their bodies.
"It" ended up spliting into two branches and wants to eliminate it's second branch, SHIVA, thus the profiles are separate.

How high into higher dimensional are they? Seemingly countless-dimensional. Just some of the entities that were part of "It" have been described as connected to countless dimensions (in the context of the quote it is specifically mathematical dimensions) and it is said that they see things like time and space as paths they can take, rather than something they exist within. Additionally, "It" has been stated to view the universes like a dream, or rather dreams within dreams that continue on and on. "It" is unkillable within space-time as attempting to affect it is described to be the same as characters on TV trying to reach out beyond the screen.

The HD entities also seem to have a higher-dimensional information and causality network using which some can communicate across time and space. "It" is a node there, similarly to a character called Jet Jaguar, who is described to blank out parts of the universe from Godzilla's future sight, causing ripples in causality with his existence. Godzilla himself (or it itself) can affect causality, rip it to shreds or even nullify it at will, affecting even the higher dimensional entities.

OVERALL:

I would like staff to evaluate this, comment on it, and, hopefully, let me add it to the wiki. It would be a notable addition to the godzilla verse and after all this effort i hope everything pans out just fine. If this works out as intended, the verse will now peak at 1-B.

Staff agreements/disagreements:

Agree:
@DarkDragonMedeus and @KingTempest (unsure about tier 1 but generally agree with profiles), @Dereck03 (agrees with bare minimum tier 1, can't judge if 1-B is good), @LordGriffin1000 (unsure but agrees with 1-B), @Qawsedf234 (a bit iffy but overall agrees with tier 1-B), @Ultima_Reality (agrees with everything except for HDE in first key, which is now removed)

Neutral: j @Marvel_Champion_07 (neutral; agrees with profiles), @Just_a_Random_Butler (neutral with tiers, likes the profiles)

Disagree:

Last edited:
Looks fine to me, although why can't we mash novel with the series?
explained in OP. There are very notable changes to how Godzilla is portrayed, there are dialogues that were either not present in the novel or not present in the anime but present in the novel, there is the fact several narration bits and explanations from the characters themselves are missing. It's clear that this isn't the same as the anime. I mean just a basic example, in the novel Ultima cuts through the earth's crust with his beam without any resistance whatsoever. In the anime, godzilla takes a solid half a second or so to melt through a whole ass building.

explained in OP. There are very notable changes to how Godzilla is portrayed, there are dialogues that were either not present in the novel or not present in the anime but present in the novel, there is the fact several narration bits and explanations from the characters themselves are missing. It's clear that this isn't the same as the anime. I mean just a basic example, in the novel Ultima cuts through the earth's crust with his beam without any resistance whatsoever. In the anime, godzilla takes a solid half a second or so to melt through a whole ass building.
This mf godzilla is busted fr 💀

Who translated the pages and did every page get translated? I want to read the novels
the book was translated using machine translation since there's no way in a thousand years it's getting translated into any language since it's the novelization of a godzilla anime that never gained as much popularity as the movies, whose novelizations are already barely translated.

HOWEVER, the important bits of info (dimensions ect.) were re-translated by people who i was recommended here, chase (recommended to me by ant) and ningenron (recommended to me by garrix), the translations were added to the scan blog.
If you wanna read it then i can give send you the translation doc over discord.

the book was translated using machine translation since there's no way in a thousand years it's getting translated into any language since it's the novelization of a godzilla anime that never gained as much popularity as the movies, whose novelizations are already barely translated.

HOWEVER, the important bits of info (dimensions ect.) were re-translated by people who i was recommended here, chase (recommended to me by ant) and ningenron (recommended to me by garrix), the translations were added to the scan blog.
If you wanna read it then i can give send you the translation doc over discord.
I'm pretty sure machine translations for the feats aren't allowed so you have to get the stuff not dimensions related translated as well

I'm pretty sure machine translations for the feats aren't allowed so you have to get the stuff not dimensions related translated as well
where is that stated? cause afaik it's okay to use machine translations as long as it's not vague and as long as it doesn't have an official translation or one that is upcoming

それらの体から伸びる触角は、この世界を構成する縦横奥行き三つの次元と流れゆく一つの次元のみならず、それらと直交して伸びる無数の次元とも接続していた。それらは地表を探りつつ、そうして同時に、ありとあらゆる可能性の海を探りながら活動していた。
Disagree, where is the superiority of the inner dimension?

Atomic breath
There is no problem, because the novel has indeed been described many times.
小さな虫のように周囲を飛び回るそのジェットジャガーと呼ばれるロボットを撃ち落とすには多少の手間がかかったが、ゴジラの放つ原子ビームによって切り裂けない物質や時空、因果はこの宇宙に存在しない

Atomic breath
There is no problem, because the novel has indeed been described many times.
小さな虫のように周囲を飛び回るそのジェットジャガーと呼ばれるロボットを撃ち落とすには多少の手間がかかったが、ゴジラの放つ原子ビームによって切り裂けない物質や時空、因果はこの宇宙に存在しない
What

それらの体から伸びる触角は、この世界を構成する縦横奥行き三つの次元と流れゆく一つの次元のみならず、それらと直交して伸びる無数の次元とも接続していた。それらは地表を探りつつ、そうして同時に、ありとあらゆる可能性の海を探りながら活動していた。
Disagree, where is the superiority of the inner dimension?
What do you mean inner dimension?

If you mean superiority between the countless dimensions, pretty sure the mention of Godzilla's qualitive superiority to the universe (tv screen explanation) and the dream within dreams thing supports it quite well

Misspelled, I mean, what are the advantages of its countless dimensions? I don't remember a description like point, line and surface.
Advantages? I don't quite get what you mean. The dimensions are described as length, depth, volume and time which are by default our universe's dimensions, and the countless dimensions are stacked on top of that in hyperspace, which is supported by "It"'s qualitive superiority descriptions

If you mean superiority between the countless dimensions, pretty sure the mention of Godzilla's qualitive superiority to the universe (tv screen explanation) and the dream within dreams thing supports it quite well
Dreams in dreams can only indicate that they can destroy all worlds, and when did they mention the superiority between dimensions

Advantages? I don't quite get what you mean. The dimensions are described as length, depth, volume and time which are by default our universe's dimensions, and the countless dimensions are stacked on top of that in hyperspace, which is supported by "It"'s qualitive superiority descriptions
This is not enough for me

Dreams in dreams can only indicate that they can destroy all worlds, and when did they mention the superiority between dimensions
How are these two even connected? Seeing something as a dream is considered qualitive superiority within our wiki and dreams within dreams is often used to show a hierarchy of dimensions. Additionally there's the statement of It being fully unreachable from within time-space to the point it's like characters trying to break out of a tv to the one beyond it.
"It", who is connected to those higher dimensions, being that much superior is damn good evidence.

砂浜の向こうへ、ぼつりほつりと、木材と石材の組み合わされた何かが見えた。《それ》は、海の深淵で夢を見ていた。

《それ》は、空の高みで夢を見ていた。

《それ》は、地の奥底で夢を見ていた。

今も見ている。

《それ》は、時間の底で夢を見ていた。

《それ》は、過去の夢を見ており、過去において未来の夢を見ており、過去において未来の夢を見るという夢を未来において見続けていた。《それ》 にとって現在と呼ぶことができるものがあったとしたなら、過去と未来が好き放題に絡み合って可能性の限りを尽くした、あらゆる夢の集合体というのが最も近い。

《それ》は自分のはじまりを終わりを、終わりのはじまりをはじまりの終わりを終わヮの終わりをはじまりのはじまりを知ってはいたが、そうした始点や終点さえ、自らを構成する凡庸な一構成要素にすぎず、なんら特別な記憶や夢や知識とはみなしていなかった。

《それ》はただ。そこにいた;

《それ》は絶えず自らのはじまりをはじめ、自らの終わりを終わらせ、はじまりをはじめるどの繰り返し の流れにも同じものはひとうとしてなく、流れの中のほんのわずかな揺らぎ

《それ》は夢から醒さめる夢から醒め、またその夢から醒める夢を見ていた。夢の中で夢を見てまた夢見ていた。どこまでいってもその繰り返しに果てはなく、《それ》 が見ているものは決して醒めることのできない夢で、誰も入り込むことのできない夢とも言えた。

《それ》は幾度も打ち倒され、叩きのめされ、立ちはだかるものを打ち倒し、叩きのめし圧倒してきたが、それすらも、《それ》 にとってはほとんどどうでもよい事柄だった。《それ》は何度でも似たような相手とまみえ、何度でも新たな相手と出会い、何度でも戦いを繰り返し、自らが完全に勝利するまで、勝利してからのちも水遠に岡争

永遠なるものさえすでに打ち倒していた。自らの敗北までも打ち倒し、自らが敗北する世界《それ》はあらゆる過去ゃ未来を圧倒していたが、その過去や未来は確固たるものであると同時にはかないもので、未来だったはずのものはたちまちのうちに過去になり、過去であったはずのものがいつの間にか未来の先に現れた。

ある未来、いつかの未来、

ある過去、いつかの過去、
How are these two even connected? Seeing something as a dream is considered qualitive superiority within our wiki and dreams within dreams is often used to show a hierarchy of dimensions. Additionally there's the statement of It being fully unreachable from within time-space to the point it's like characters trying to break out of a tv to the one beyond it.
"It", who is connected to those higher dimensions, being that much superior is damn good evidence.
What does this have to do with dimensions? Dreams in dreams are all about the past and future

What does this have to do with dimensions? Dreams in dreams are all about the past and future
It's described that the dreams are about the past, future and present, not that the dreams within dreams are just that.
The fact that Godzilla sees the universe in a dream (and you can't affect him from within space time since the universe is like the inside of the tv for him) is proof of qualitive superiority which, combined with the many statements of it and the red dust reaching out into higher dimensions and being higher dimensional, already puts it at the bare minimum of Low 1-C. The dreams within dreams statement implies layers of It seeing the world as a dream within dreams within dreams which in turn supports the countless dimensional statement.
I am going by how the wiki works, you probably know that you can use more than just mathematical proof to provide evidence of tier 1 in fiction.

Could you call over Ultima please?
images

What would this give Godzilla? He can aperently nullify reality.

The individual's teeth penetrate it, but it ignores this fact. It did not even turn its body around, it simply ignored the fact and nullified reality.

Also, wouldn't godzilla also get stuff like: resistance to Acausality, space and time manip, fate manip, matter manip etc?

At least if it's anything like the anime counterpart.

What would this give Godzilla? He can aperently nullify reality.

The individual's teeth penetrate it, but it ignores this fact. It did not even turn its body around, it simply ignored the fact and nullified reality.

Also, wouldn't godzilla also get stuff like: resistance to Acausality, space and time manip, fate manip, matter manip etc?

At least if it's anything like the anime counterpart.
acausality is resistance to causality and there's an explanation on why it has it
time-space, causality manipulation and reality warping are all parts of it's abilities.
Go look at the profiles mate, it's all there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back