• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla (Showa) vs. Smaug (LOTR)

Jinsye

She/Her
Godzilla (Showa)
5168398-godzilla (18)
Powers and Stats

Tier: 7-C

Name:
Godzilla, Gojira, Godzilla Gigantis, Monster Zero-One, Monster of Justice, King of the Monsters

Origin: Godzilla

Age: At least 200 million years old (Likely comparable in age with the first Godzilla)

Classification: Kaiju, Irradiated prehistoric amphibious reptile

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regenerationn (High-Low over time), Flight, Immortality (Type 1), Atomic Breath, Magnetism Manipulation, Reactive Evolution, Can absorb radiation and electricity

Attack Potency: Town level (His Atomic Breath vaporized a large quantity of seawater and can do this much damage, Has fought with and defeated numerous Kaiju including Anguirus, King Kong, Mothra, Ebirah, Hedorah, Giga, Megalo, Mechagodzilla, and Titanosaurus, Defeated King Ghidorah multiple times with help from other Kaiju, Has shown to be comparable to Kaiju such as King Caesar, Gorosaurus, and Jet Jaguar)

Speed: Subsonic Movement Speed (Comparable to Hedorah), Supersonic flight speed, Supersonic Reactions and Combat Speed (Has caught and destroyed planes and jets in mid-flight, Kept up wtith MechaGodzilla), Supersonic+ Attack Speed (His Atomic Breath moves this fast)

Lifting Strength: Class M (Can easily lift and throw monsters like King Ghidorah, Hedorah, and Mechagodzilla, who weigh 30,000 metric tons, 48,000 metric tons, and 40,000 metric tons respectively)

Striking Strength: Town Class (Capable of trading blows with Kaiju on his level, Ripped Ebirah's claws off, Tore Mechagodzilla's head off)

Durability: Town level (Was completely undamaged by electrical attacks of this level, Took massive beatings from Hedorah, Gigan, King Kong, Titanosaurus, and Mechagodzilla)

Stamina: Very high

Range: Several dozen meters by virtue of sheer size, several hundred meters with Atomic Ray

Standard Equipment: Unknown

Intelligence: Varies from film to film. Depicted as being a cunning, savage beast early on while gaining near human intelligence towards the end of the series.

Weaknesses: Reacts strongly to flares and bright lights in general (due to them reminding him of the flash of the nuclear bomb he was irradiated by), Low temperatures
Smaug
Smaug3473
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth are like swords! My claws, spears! The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!
~ Smaug​
Power and Stats

Tier: 7-C

Name:
Smaug

Origin: Lord of the Rings

Classification: Last of the Greatest Dragons of Middle-earth, Ruler of Erebor (Stole if from the Dwarves)

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Breath Attack, Fire Manipulation, Flight, Heightened senses of smell and hearing, Implied to have some form of Telepathy

Attack Potency: Town level (Shook the Lonely Mountai)

Speed: SuperHuman movement. Supersonic+ to High Hypersonic flight speed via power-scaling

Lifting Strength: At least Class K (Weighs at least 100 tons, probably significantly more, yet effortlessly carries his own weight)

Striking Strength: Town Class (Smashed portions of the Lonely Mountain)

Durability: Town level

Stamina:
Very high (Can seemingly fly for hours)

Range: Several dozen meters with claws and tail. Several hundred meters, possibly kilometers, with his fire

Standard Equipment: His "diamond waistcoat" a series of treasures that have melted under Smaug's body heat and embedded themselves in his scales to form an armor of sorts that covers the normally soft underbelly of a dragon.

Intelligence: Like many dragons of Middle-earth, Smaug was dangerously intelligent and manipulative, having an encyclopedic knowledge of the treasures in his hoard and instantly noticing what Bilbo had taken in their first encounter. He then feigned sleep so he could take Bilbo by surprise in their second encounter and used his superhuman senses to detect him despite being unable to see him. He then planted doubts in Bilbo's mind in order to gain enough information to deduce that Bilbo had allied himself with the dwarves and the residents of Lake-Town in addition to making Bilbo panic by asking him if he was aware of the difficulty of stealing his share of the treasure hoard to take bake home. However, for all his intelligence, Smaug was insufferably arrogant, vain, sadistic, and psychopathic, taking pleasure in the pain of others and underestimating their abilities frequently, which led to his downfall when he failed to cover a single missing scale on his chest, allowing Bard's arrow to strike true.

Weaknesses: One of the scales on his chest is missing, allowing a black arrow to kill him if properly aimed. He is also prone to arrogance and vanity, and falls for flattery, angering instantly if insulted, to which he demonstrates great sadism.
Let's get the Big G a good match shall we?

Stats in profiles, fight takes place in Tokyo, Japan.

Speed Equalized.

Who wins?

Big Lizard: 4

Big Dragon: 0

Godzilla; he most likely has a massive experience advantage and constantly is producing radiation.

Christian Higdon said:
Probably Godzilla. He has that flight to counter Smaug's own, and is bigger.
I don't like using size as an argument, but I'll tell you that Godzilla has a 3x AP advantage.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Christian Higdon said:
Probably Godzilla. He has that flight to counter Smaug's own, and is bigger.
I don't like using size as an argument, but I'll tell you that Godzilla has a 3x AP advantage.
Sure then. In that case, Godzilla probably knocks him out with a punch.

Oh; then this is probably a stomp. The only advantage Smaug may have is intelligent; which isn't going to help when he's getting laser beamed to death.

3x isn't that big of a gap to consider this an AP stomp IMO.

He could also use the range advantage to deal some damage to Goji. (Though I'm not sure if he does it in-character, he's kind of a vain douche.)

Godzilla takes this through his considerably superior AP and Regenerationn. He should also have more experience fighting opponents on his level.

Godzilla's much larger and way more impressive than Smaug; he's consistently fought kaiju much more deadly than the likes of Smaug, and his Atomic Ray is superior to Smaug's fire breath.

Back