• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goddess of Victory Nikke Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. We don’t have the full story
2. If they are under pressure from the publisher, that is not up to purely the game devs.
It is as likely as it is the Dev ******* up. Level Infinity has generally well received in recent time with Alchemy Stars. And 90% of people unamously agree that Tower of Fantasy, another Level Infinity published game got ****** over by its terrible DEV team.

It is as likely as it is the Dev ******* up. Level Infinity has generally well received in recent time with Alchemy Stars. And 90% of people unamously agree that Tower of Fantasy, another Level Infinity published game got ****** over by its terrible DEV team.
We have to wait and see as we don’t have any information on why they made the decisions and so on.

Anyway, regarding the game model. I pay some attention to it, but more focused on gameplay

Also 4% for a SSR doesn’t seem too bad as well.
Singular statements like this dont paint the whole picture. Its 4% in a no-pity world. I dont think you guys understand how important a Pity system for F2P and even Whales is. To give you an example, Granblue Fantasy has 6% banners semi regulary, 3% outside of it. And even then, they still have the industry standard 300 pull Pity system. Without it and baseline luck, you would never even hope to compete in high difficulty content. And that game does not require dupes for Characters.

Right from the getgo, which has been mind you, a complaint since the CBT, the SSR pool is bloated as ****. There are more SSR's in the pool than there are SR's and R's COMBINED. Meaning that you, as a F2P player, have to completly and utterly rely on drawing your favourite waifu admidst waves of subpar SR's propped up with another S. The fact that the meta Pilgrims are jailed deeper into Gacha RNG is just the tip of the iceberg. All that would not be a problem if they just implemented a hard 300 or whatever draw Pity. A Pity system is VITAL to the longevity of Gacha games. If a F2P can go his entire account livespan without his favourite character on it, why the **** would he continue playing? And if you have F2P players hostily ejected by anti consumer practices like that, why would Whales spend money on the game, dunking on the nonexistant F2P player base?

Like pals, again, I'm not writing salty rants here. Those are objective problems that can severly impact the overall health of the game. Denying and whitewashing them isnt helping anyone. If you have good and lucky experiences with your draws then good, I'm happy for you. Now bear in mind that you got lucky, a attribute unobtainable for the vast majority of players by its design. Its not luck when everyone had it.

And to be perfectly clear: You can still have fun with the game, have great moments with it and a overall pleasant time, ignoring the problems. And if you want to ignore the problems then go ahead. But never ever deny them existing or even worse, try to paint them positivly.

Share your lucky draws, share your favourite moments with the story, share your simp manifesto for your waifu, share your strats and tactis, share your tips and tricks. Do that, its good and positive. But dont pretend the problems dont exist. Dont pretend that the problems are fine. And dont pretend the problems are a positive for the game. Praise the good, Bash the bad. Its that simple

I hope all of this rant should be over, now focus on what feats we get so far (tho i believe we have so few of it right now)

Singular statements like this dont paint the whole picture. Its 4% in a no-pity world. I dont think you guys understand how important a Pity system for F2P and even Whales is. To give you an example, Granblue Fantasy has 6% banners semi regulary, 3% outside of it. And even then, they still have the industry standard 300 pull Pity system. Without it and baseline luck, you would never even hope to compete in high difficulty content. And that game does not require dupes for Characters.

Right from the getgo, which has been mind you, a complaint since the CBT, the SSR pool is bloated as ****. There are more SSR's in the pool than there are SR's and R's COMBINED. Meaning that you, as a F2P player, have to completly and utterly rely on drawing your favourite waifu admidst waves of subpar SR's propped up with another S. The fact that the meta Pilgrims are jailed deeper into Gacha RNG is just the tip of the iceberg. All that would not be a problem if they just implemented a hard 300 or whatever draw Pity. A Pity system is VITAL to the longevity of Gacha games. If a F2P can go his entire account livespan without his favourite character on it, why the **** would he continue playing? And if you have F2P players hostily ejected by anti consumer practices like that, why would Whales spend money on the game, dunking on the nonexistant F2P player base?

Like pals, again, I'm not writing salty rants here. Those are objective problems that can severly impact the overall health of the game. Denying and whitewashing them isnt helping anyone. If you have good and lucky experiences with your draws then good, I'm happy for you. Now bear in mind that you got lucky, a attribute unobtainable for the vast majority of players by its design. Its not luck when everyone had it.
Yeah and there is also the gold molds to taken into considerable as well as the body label shop. Having a wishlist isn’t much, but I am aware of these issues plus it is mainly getting the dupes being the issue.

I am kinda disappointed that you didn’t brought up the regular shop inventory

Yeah and there is also the gold molds to taken into considerable as well as the body label shop. Having a wishlist isn’t much, but I am aware of these issues plus it is mainly getting the dupes being the issue.

I am kinda disappointed that you didn’t brought up the regular shop inventory
Because those are half assed band-aid solutions to an problem they have created? Like, lol on molds then they arent even 100% SSR's. Lol on the Body label shop when you have to invest more draws into them than you would if you could just spark the damn dupe in the first place, coupled with the fact that you can't get any Pilgrims in it other than the gremlin paladin, as figured out by Korean streamers.

Those are band aids that only exist so they can pat themselve on the back and say "We are technically not predatory!" Youre trying to put band aids on a half bled out Cesare pretending to have saved his life. I'm way too long in the mobile game ecosphere to fall for that.

Because those are half assed band-aid solutions to an problem they have created? Like, lol on molds then they arent even 100% SSR's. Lol on the Body label shop when you have to invest more draws into them than you would if you could just spark the damn dupe in the first place, coupled with the fact that you can't get any Pilgrims in it other than the gremlin paladin, as figured out by Korean streamers.

Those are band aids that only exist so they can pat themselve on the back and say "We are technically not predatory!" Youre trying to put band aids on a half bled out Cesare pretending to have saved his life. I'm way too long in the mobile game ecosphere to fall for that.
Getting 20 rolls for 200 for a short period is rough, but unrealistic to expect immediate result. If I was the devs, I will make them have to need 10 rolls than just 20 rolls on getting those or lessened the cost.

Also FGO has a USO system since I got reminded of which is completely crappy.

However, I do feel though that dragging this discussion thread with it being hyper focused on a gacha game’s flaws can been a bit turn offf

Getting 20 rolls for 200 for a short period is rough, but unrealistic to expect immediate result. If I was the devs, I will make them have to need 10 rolls than just 20 rolls on getting those or lessened the cost.

Also FGO has a USO system since I got reminded of which is completely crappy.

However, I do feel though that dragging this discussion thread with it being hyper focused on a gacha game’s flaws can been a bit turn offf
Because the goal is not to make F2P players competitivly viable, its to allow the minimum level of fun by at least guaranteeing them the waifu they want. Nothing more. It would delusional to thing that a Pity System equalised the playing field, which luckily enough it dosnt aim for.

A Pity system guarantees a baseline level of fun. It allows F2P player to play whatever they want so long they have the patience to withhold their draws. I can live with being just another number for a Whale to stroke their ego, so long I can play with my Waifu or whatever fun looking comp I can think up off. A pity system is a net positive for every gacha game and trying to skirt around it or trying to justify its lack because of more predatory systems existing is, no offense, madness for me.

But oh well. Gacha games am I right

Because the goal is not to make F2P players competitivly viable, its to allow the minimum level of fun by at least guaranteeing them the waifu they want. Nothing more. It would delusional to thing that a Pity System equalised the playing field, which luckily enough it dosnt aim for.

A Pity system guarantees a baseline level of fun. It allows F2P player to play whatever they want so long they have the patience to withhold their draws. I can live with being just another number for a Whale to stroke their ego, so long I can play with my Waifu or whatever fun looking comp I can think up off. A pity system is a net positive for every gacha game and trying to skirt around it or trying to justify its lack because of more predatory systems existing is, no offense, madness for me.

But oh well. Gacha games am I right
Gacha games are gacha games and are predatory by their very own nature of wanting to take ppl’s money. It is definitely scummy in general.

yeah it's sucks most anime game tied to gacha. I want anime game with graphics like this but with legit single player gameplay like God of War

Even a pity system (while it is beneficial) only add more incentive to roll on banners.
Im not even sure what you are trying to say here? Youre not going to roll on pity without having enough draws for pity if youre F2P. Thats just lack of willpower. Even as a whale, cutting into their mass draws by guaranteeing them one dupe, in worst case multiple depending on luck, goes a long way.

There are objectivly 0 reasons against a Pity system. 0. In no world imagineable is a failsafe that gives control to player about what they want bad. Even if you will never need it personally, dosnt mean that other players cant profit from it a in a healthy way.

I cant even fathom how this discussion dragged so long.

Im not even sure what you are trying to say here? Youre not going to roll on pity without having enough draws for pity if youre F2P. Thats just lack of willpower. Even as a whale, cutting into their mass draws by guaranteeing them one dupe, in worst case multiple depending on luck, goes a long way.

There are objectivly 0 reasons against a Pity system. 0. In no world imagineable is a failsafe that gives control to player about what they want bad. Even if you will never need it personally, dosnt mean that other players cant profit from it a in a healthy way.

I cant even fathom how this discussion dragged so long.

Meant to say that a pity system does benefit the whales just as benefit a F2P since they can paid for a in game currency in advance due to a pity system in place, but anyway, I wonder how the next events will go for Nikke.

To forcefuly pivit away from the topic now.

This is the best battle ost, change my mind.

For the songs, this one comes to mind .

Also tbf, the topic deserves to being buried alive as well as the fact you started it and I am just the guy who got involved into the topic sadly.

Anyway, there is a bunch of songs being collectable too in-game.

The extraordinary amount of willpower i have right now not to have the last word is astonishing

Them getting Hiroyuki on boad used to impress me, I'm now far more impressed that they got Cosmograph as the main ost supplier. As someone who is deep into Japanese indie EDM (Although I think Cosmo is not JP) seeing his name pop up across the list was pretty hype. And Feryquitous. I love her music so much and seeing how she supplied 4 whole songs to the game was uff, hearthrob

The extraordinary amount of willpower i have right now not to have the last word is astonishing

Them getting Hiroyuki on boad used to impress me, I'm now far more impressed that they got Cosmograph as the main ost supplier. As someone who is deep into Japanese indie EDM (Although I think Cosmo is not JP) seeing his name pop up across the list was pretty hype. And Feryquitous. I love her music so much and seeing how she supplied 4 whole songs to the game was uff, hearthrob
You don’t get the last word though.

Anyway, Sawano did make some music for a few gacha games IIRC so it definitely shouldn’t been a surprise. Heck, he was involved with Seven Deadly Sin’s OST so it definitely up his alley.

Also, he made this good OST as well.

For other stuff, I ain’t up to date with composers and other music artists, but the music from Nikke is good in my opinion.

You don’t get the last word though.

Anyway, Siwano did make some music for a few gacha games IIRC so it definitely shouldn’t been a surprise. Heck, he was involved with Seven Deadly Sin’s OST so it definitely up his alley.

Also, he made this good OST as well.

For other stuff, I ain’t up to date with composers and other music artists, but the music from Nikke is good in my opinion.

Youre lucky I dont without dregding up the topic again

Sawano is definitly up there, no doubt. For me though, he dosnt make the OST i.e, hes not the reason I consider the OST to be amazing.

Dont blame ya. Cosmograph has barely 4k subs on youtube, hes underground as ****. Which makes it even greater that they trusted them with the OST of the game. Likewise Feryquitous barely hovers over the 10k mark. They both specialize in Artcore, probably my currently favourite EDM genre, as mostly combines more subtle electronic sounds with more of an ephemeral approach to melody. And it fits so well to Nikke, whos design direction i can only describe as ephemeral technology, case in point the gigantic holograph hall where you access tribal tower and shit.

A good example of Cosmographs Artcore

Sawano is definitly up there, no doubt. For me though, he dosnt make the OST i.e, hes not the reason I consider the OST to be amazing.
I will say it is mostly the usage of vocal instruments as well as having singers helps the OST. Also assuming you are referring to OST of Nikke The Goddess of Victory, I will agree he mostly likely is just one of the ppl who work on Nikke’s OST in this case.

Also Sawano definitely also have involvement in Gundam, Attack on Titan, and some other things, but personally in my opinion, Sawano’s most prominent role will been his works in the Gundam franchise’s musical department being good.

I will say it is mostly the usage of vocal instruments as well as having singers helps the OST. Also assuming you are referring to OST of Nikke The Goddess of Victory, I will agree he mostly likely is just one of the ppl who work on Nikke’s OST in this case.

Also Sawano definitely also have involvement in Gundam, Attack on Titan, and some other things, but personally in my opinion, Sawano’s most prominent role will been his works in the Gundam franchise’s musical department being good.
Yeah, I obviously specificly refer to the Nikke OST. I love his work in AoT. But you can tell when he produces for one of the most prominent anime in history vs for a mobile game people will not remember in a year or 2

Indeed, ppl will not always remember songs from a mobile game.

They will probably forget about it within a year or two if not more so.

I do love variety in music myself, but even I will have a hard time keeping tracks of songs without a playlist involved.

Also @First_Witch sorry if all of my respond above regarding the issue you bring made you stressed out
Omega lul, your shit takes could never stress me out
XPjjafy.png

Fair warning though, if I were you I woudnt check out anything regarding Nikke out. This game is on fire right now, like legitimatly burning. The Koreans are pissed. I will keep the criticism out of the wiki now, the Nikke community is finally vocal about the shit state of the game.

In terms of scaling, Nikke is kinda wonky right now. The upper ends of feats are probably going to be Land Eater or the Choo choo murder train. Assuming the train to run on well, average train speed, someone could probably calc the KE of it ramming us in its second phase.

The lower end though? Nikkes can apperently be killed by 10 tigers.

Omega lul, your shit takes could never stress me out
XPjjafy.png

Fair warning though, if I were you I woudnt check out anything regarding Nikke out. This game is on fire right now, like legitimatly burning. The Koreans are pissed. I will keep the criticism out of the wiki now, the Nikke community is finally vocal about the shit state of the game.

In terms of scaling, Nikke is kinda wonky right now. The upper ends of feats are probably going to be Land Eater or the Choo choo murder train. Assuming the train to run on well, average train speed, someone could probably calc the KE of it ramming us in its second phase.

The lower end though? Nikkes can apperently be killed by 10 tigers.
Is tanking numerous missle an upper end?

Making in mobile is hell and i'm not that skillful on making the profiles lel
Better leave this thread inactive until someone step in i guess
And beside, i don't want to deal with Gramps Witchy big nerve rant about Nikke and it's controversy, i rather seppuku'd myself than readed all of i#Getshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back