• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I honestly can't tell if it's a joke or not anymore
Me neither
@CorneredHarbor My man get ratio'd lmfao
your-slender-l-ratio-meme.gif

Immortality Negation Types 1, 2, 3 and 5- Flames of Olympus

Resistance to Imortality Negation Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8- Power of Hope can effectively bring back Kratos even when he uses the power against himself, because he kept a bit of Hope for himself, which already allows him to resist his own abilities as those of Zeus to a considerable degree.
Ohh now that makes sense
Also link not working

Okay i brain farted
Meant from where Valorous Bloodthirst stealing the soul kf enemy comes from
Life-Force and Soul are tied together in God of War, when Kratos absorbs from his enemies, he takes in everything they have to offer, their powers, ther magic and even their souls if it needs be, his rage is the most potent form of such absorption.

Life-Force and Soul are tied together in God of War, when Kratos absorbs from his enemies, he takes in everything they have to offer, their powers, ther magic and even their souls if it needs be, his rage is the most potent form of such absorption.
Oh that makes sense

why would he scale to them tho , he is explciitly fourth and per athena no other olympian can ever hope to match any of the brother kings
That is... until Athena started seeing visions of Ares murking the combined forces of Athena, Poseidon and Artemis.

Ares is lumped with the Brother Kings but at the same time explicitly below them (at least presently) so with how Tier 2 works, his tiering is very weird.

That is... until Athena started seeing visions of Ares murking the combined forces of Athena, Poseidon and Artemis.
eh the context of that scene is pretty clearly talking about how Zeus would never change his law and decree of no combat between god which would've stopped direct combat between them , so even if they all turn against Ares , its not like they can directly attack him.

eh the context of that scene is pretty clearly talking about how Zeus would never change his law and decree of no combat between god which would've stopped direct combat between them , so even if they all turn against Ares , its not like they can directly attack him.
One thing I never understood is why Zeus never attacked Ares himself.

Hell, he even said something along the likes of "Why not? I'm king!" when he was threatening to kill another God and someone reminded him of the law.

Hell, he even said something along the likes of "Why not? I'm king!" when he was threatening to kill another God and someone reminded him of the law.
He also threatened to kill Hades and Poseidon multiple times.

There is a massive difference between pre fear and post fear Zeus , Zeus in GOW1 helps Kratos but even then he keeps his indentity of gravedigger a secret from all gods except Athena

GOW2 Zeus is GOW2 Zeus

Zeus prior to being infected by Fear at least nominally caree about impartiality and following his own laws. That and he didn't want to contract Gaia's immortal curse by attempting to kill his kin.

By the time he's infected, he's a lot less stable and doesn't care as much about his brethren. Even the respect for Poseidon he had in I was gone.

Zeus isn't the kind of guy you threaten tho, he could one-shot everyone in the Pantheon neatly arranged in a line and nothing would change. It's a rule he himself made up and could override at any given time with or without loopholes, he doesn't because he thinks he'll suffer the same fate as his Titan predecessors.

Zeus isn't the kind of guy you threaten tho, he could one-shot everyone in the Pantheon neatly arranged in a line and nothing would change. It's a rule he himself made up and could override at any given time with or without loopholes, he doesn't because he thinks he'll suffer the same fate as his Titan predecessors.
Thats the point , Ares would never directly attack Zeus and Zeus would stop any god from attacking Ares , so its not like a battle of Ares vs Artemis/Athena/Poseidon would ever take place due to Zeus's decree , which Ares abused to get out of confrontations with other gods the entire novel.

Thats the point , Ares would never directly attack Zeus and Zeus would stop any god from attacking Ares , so its not like a battle of Ares vs Artemis/Athena/Poseidon would ever take place due to Zeus's decree , which Ares abused to get out of confrontations with other gods the entire novel.
The future dream works a bit differently where Zeus' decree no longer matters and Ares declares open war on the Gods.

The future dream works a bit differently where Zeus' decree no longer matters and Ares declares open war on the Gods.
It could be that Ares would become that strong eventually to declare war on all the olympians, during GOWI he would get one shotted to oblivion by Zeus for example.

It could be that Ares would become that strong eventually to declare war on all the olympians, during GOWI he would get one shotted to oblivion by Zeus for example.
Zeus already one-shots Poseidon and Hades at that point so that really ain't saying much.

Zeus already one-shots Poseidon and Hades at that point so that really ain't saying much.
yeah so if Ares in the future grows strong enough to openly declare war on the olympians , that would mean he grew massively (unless he intended to get one shotted by Zeus)

Sadly
Poseidon ~> Gow 3 Kratos without Gaia helps >~ Gow 2 Zeus > Gow 1 Zeus
LOL nah. GoW3 Beginning Kratos gapes Poseidon.

Remember, there's a 6 day gap between GoW2 and GoW3. GoW3 Kratos is effectively fighting GoW2 Poseidon and Hades, GoW3 Kratos having just recently tangoed with GoW2 Zeus who could literally one-shot both Hades and Poseidon standing on the same spot.

Back