• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Plus Atreus is unfortunately above Deimos on the scaling chain. So he could just one-tap and call it a day.
Is he, though? I mean, in animal form, I'd say he is above Deimos, but in his regular state, I really don't think so. His biggest physical feats in that state are just staggering characters like Baldur and Odin, but he never did any real damage and they were always done alongside Kratos.

Is he, though? I mean, in animal form, I'd say he is above Deimos, but in his regular state, I really don't think so. His biggest physical feats in that state are just staggering characters like Baldur and Odin, but he never did any real damage and they were always done alongside Kratos.
Atreus would still downscale from 9 universes tho, when you go to Tier 2 you can't downscale to a lower number of universes no matter how minute your damage is, even a small crack in a Tier 2 structure would cause you to downscale from however many universes it holds, but not lower than that.

And of course, with his transformations he's guaranteed a one-shot.

Atreus would still downscale from 9 universes tho, when you go to Tier 2 you can't downscale to a lower number of universes.

And of course, with his transformations he's guaranteed a one-shot.
Why would Deimos not downscale from 9 universes, too? Even in Greece, Kratos and the strongest Greek Gods now scale to that via feats, since it's been decided that Norse Kratos isn't stronger than his Greek self.

Why would Deimos not downscale from 9 universes, too? Even in Greece, Kratos and the strongest Greek Gods now scale to that via feats, since it's been decided that Norse Kratos isn't stronger than his Greek self.
Norse Kratos at full power going all-out scales to his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self.

Not-a-God-Physiologically Kratos in GoS scales to Brother King Duo, which is effectively GoW3 Beginning Pre-Hades Amp session.

Still 9 universes, but much lower down the scaling chain.

Norse Kratos at full power going all-out scales to his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self.

Not-a-God-Physiologically Kratos in GoS scales to Brother King Duo, which is effectively GoW3 Beginning Pre-Hades Amp session.

Still 9 universes, but much lower down the scaling chain.
I thought WoG said new kratos is stronger than the old one

Contradicted by numerous official Sony blogs, interviews and Eric Williams himself.
The official Blog Post Guide for GOW2018 states that Kratos is slowly reawakening his dormant powers.

The GoW2018 Comic-Con interview’s snippet also states that Kratos is constantly restraining himself in order to set a better path for his son.

Cory Barlog in a Director’s Commentary also states that Kratos hasn’t had a fight like Baldur in a long time and that he’s shaking off the cobwebs.

The blog for the first boss fight against Baldur also states that Kratos is a little rusty in this fight, which Eric Williams has since confirmed in an interview for GoW Ragnarok.

The GOW2018 Novel (Chapter 48) also states that Kratos was a lot more muscular in his Greek Days.

Kratos states he lost all of his magical powers from Greece after his homeland died (First, when Fear Zeus destroyed all his equipment, drained his powers and then killed him by snapping his neck. And after Kratos came back with Hope, regained his powers back and killed Zeus, Kratos, calling his vengeance to have finally ended, lost them again for the last time when he killed himself by channeling the Power of Hope through the Blade of Olympus and stabbing himself with it, releasing all of his powers and Hope to mankind instead of Athena to prevent the Gods from ever ruining the lives of mankind ever again, and to give mankind a fighting chance for survival).

Last edited:
The official Blog Post Guide for GOW2018 states that Kratos is slowly reawakening his dormant powers.

The GoW2018 Comic-Con interview’s snippet also states that Kratos is constantly restraining himself in order to set a better path for his son.

Cory Barlog in a Director’s Commentary also states that Kratos hasn’t had a fight like Baldur in a long time and that he’s shaking off the cobwebs.

The blog for the first boss fight against Baldur also states that Kratos is a little rusty in this fight, which Eric Williams has since confirmed in an interview for GoW Ragnarok.

The GOW2018 Novel (Chapter 48) also states that Kratos was a lot more muscular in his Greek Days.
I guess youtube is not the best source of information lmao

I guess youtube is not the best source of information lmao
you-dont-say-nic-cage.gif

So all-out Kratos (as in the one that knocked out Thor's tooth and fought Odin) is equal to the one who fought Zeus pre-Hope?

Also, doesn't Deimos also downscale from 9 Universes?

And IIRC Atreus even in Bear form doesn't scale to all-out Kratos.

Correct me if I'm wrong but:

Base Atreus downscales from Magni/Modi, Baldur, Heimdall's attacks (cuz durability = AP), and Odin.

Wolf Atreus hurt Odin.

Bear Atreus one-shot a Valkyrie who Kratos had to mid-diff.
Basically this, although the Valkyrie in question was killed after an extended battle with her, so the Valkyrie was weakened when Bear Atreus killed her.

Only the Brother Kings and Hercules scale to 9 universes.

Deimos got killed by Thanatos, who scales below even the Titans.

Atreus oneshots sadly.

So all-out Kratos (as in the one that knocked out Thor's tooth and fought Odin) is equal to the one who fought Zeus pre-Hope?
All-Out Kratos didn't fight Odin, All-Out Kratos is only ever seen once when he knocks out Thor's teeth, we see where Kratos comes close to losing himself with Heimdall, but even that didn't manage to reach the full part because Heimdall died from the blood loss before he could be neck-snapped. Super Serious Kratos fights against Odin (Still not redline but even closer to his monster self than in the rematch with Thor, Mimir tells him in the final Thor rematch to stay in control of it). But yeah, All-Out Ragnarok Kratos is equal to his GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope self who fought Zeus prior to Fear and Hope, but only in physical stats.

Also, doesn't Deimos also downscale from 9 Universes?
He does, but he's much further down the scaling chain from the rest of the top-tiers.

And IIRC Atreus even in Bear form doesn't scale to all-out Kratos.
He can fight alongside Kratos against comparably strong foes.

Only the Brother Kings and Hercules scale to 9 universes.

Deimos got killed by Thanatos, who scales below even the Titans.

Atreus oneshots sadly.
Even if Deimos did backscale to 9 universes, he's still way too far below compared to the actual gods so yeah, Atreus would still one-shot.

By existing higher on the scaling chain. Plus, 9 universes versus 5. GoW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos is literally a god-tier dude, nobody in the verse scales to him outside of Zeus.
Question who would win? Zeus or Odin?

Back