• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

What Planck said.

Although I have heard peeps like Starkadr the Jotun can give Thor a run for money. So if factions had better unity. Match would have favoured them. Relatively
Starkadr had Thor so scared that Thor didn't even attempt to get close to him , downright refused to even go anywhere close to him.

though one can argue This Thor is pre prime given his performances against Jormungandarr in two different fights.

Hades and Poseidon could still beat many of the Norse gods right?

also kratos beating them. But Norse gods are weaker than kratos though
They could probably beat heimdall and bauldr

eh, Thor still killed his ass and brought him back mid fight and Odin still took the combined effort of kratos,Atreus and a bloodlusted freya to be brought down. So I wouldn’t say there all weaker(atleast not by any huge margin)

This Is my scaling for Gow4 and Gow:Ragnarok.

Surtr (Ragnarok)
Kratos (Blood-lusted, Draupnir, Leviathan Axe and Chaos blades, his punch when he got mad and on full power made Thor lose a teeth, still defeated Thor without finishing the job)
Odin
-
Thor (self-explanatory, his first with Kratos could be considered a draw according to an author, even though he actually seemed to have the upper hand over holding back Kratos. Stated to be "not minor at all" Aesir by Mimir)
Jormugandr (stated to be equal to Thor by Freya in an encounter, their clash shaked the 9 realms)
Laufey (Leviathan Axe was built to be on par with mjolnir, replicad same feat of Kratos against Thor, her fight with Kratos ended in a draw, could give Thor a fight for his life according to the souls of who watched the fight, atreus commented that It almost seemed like his mom was beating Thor).
Freya (even though she's stated to be equal to Kratos somewhere I think this refers to suppressed Kratos, since someone can say that Fey and Kratos' fight ended with a draw as well, also the narrative implies her to be above Sigrun since freya Is the actual Queen of valkyries)
Holding back Kratos (stronger than Baldur, his fight with Laufey ended up in a draw, even in this lesser form Thor recognized him for have been able to defeat his sons, like he can see why even in this lesser state of him, even though he said something like "you really are the one Who defeated Baldur?" And Heimdall maybe said something similar if I am not wrong, Freya said that she was having the upper hand over him before Atreus' intrusion in the fight)
Sigrun (stated by Kratos's notes to be the strongest he and atreus fought durinf their Adventure)
Baldur (could send Jormugandr Flying with his punches, damaging him to the point of putting him to the ground for some time)
Heimdall (Kratos killed greater gods than him according to kratos himself, but he still has very good feats and a tricky ability)
Björn Loki / Atreus (was able to easily defeat an amped by Odin's magic Valkyria, could give a good fight to Kratos, was stopped by Kratos from hurting Freya)
-
Amped by Odin Valkyries
Normal Valkyries
-
Thrud (even though she has more physical strength than base atreus, she's probably comparable to him in base overall, Kratos complimented her by saying she could fight really well and when Thrud told him that his father teached her Kratos said "I can see that. She's still inferior to Valkyries since her dream Is to become one in the future and Odin never took her in consideration to make her One and she said that she had to train hard to be considered as a candidate for It, and bla bla, you could see her training to become one, she watched Valkyries's training and since then she wants to become one so she knows now strong they are and she considers them as above her)
Loki / Atreus at 14 (even though he Is not as mighty as Thrud physically, he can still hurt Baldur with his arrows and by using his bow to strike some blows, he was becoming Better and Faster according to Kratos, he can still turn into a Wolf, has regenerative powers. When he was 11 could tank and surive one serious punch from Baldur).
-
Magni (described as a Minor Aesir by Mimir, he's stronger than his Brother)
Modi
-
Angerboda (could fight well according to atreus but that's It)

I Dunno how to scale Monsters, but atreus said something like "what Is a dreki compared to Valkyries? We faced the Valkyries, a dreki Is nothing".

Too bad hope kratos > everything in the Norse pantheon.

though I am curious you guys said Odin and the others would not fare well against end gow3 kratos.

so if kratos had all of his gow3 weapons here he would have destroyed all of the Norse gods more easily?

Too bad hope kratos > everything in the Norse pantheon.

though I am curious you guys said Odin and the others would not fare well against end gow3 kratos.

so if kratos had all of his gow3 weapons here he would have destroyed all of the Norse gods more easily?
For me norse ones are understimated.
Honestly Thor, Odin, Jormugandr, Freya and Laufey scale really high to me.
Atreus Will also be a Better fighter than Kratos in the future, Thrud has a lot of potential too.

really? man we will never see it again will we? sigh, i would have loved to have saw brok and sindris' reactions to it, oh well
The reaction wouldn't have been that impressive. Kratos took the power back from the Blade of Olympus before the events of GOW3, so it wouldn't have had that godly power within it.

Eeeeh, probably Zeus tbh. I don’t think hades or posiden are on that lvl especially considering how kratos beat the dog shit out of them.
Poseidon deconstructs his body and soul with an AoE blast and Hades does what Atreus did to him but in HD. Ares' Clone Wars nonsense alone would run Odin's wallet, though in this case Odin at least stands a chance of killing in him some hits considering that he actually has a massive power advantage.

Poseidon deconstructs his body and soul with an AoE blast and Hades does what Atreus did to him but in HD. Ares' Clone Wars nonsense alone would run Odin's wallet, though in this case Odin at least stands a chance of killing in him some hits considering that he actually has a massive power advantage.
how massive?

Hades: your soul is mine Odin (proceeds to yank odin’s soul out of his body)

Since when can poseidon do that? Oh ya I forgot hades could do that. Not to sure about ares

@KLOL506 What chapter is Kratos's acasuality shown in, if you don't mind?
GOW1 Epilogue:

"With each step, the sights and sounds of battle rush in upon him, from all across the world and throughout all eternity, for time and place are different for the gods. He fears for an instant—or for a millennium—that his nightmares return to rape his mind, but he does not recognize the soldiers he sees. They wear metal armor and march in phalanx; cavalry and chariots support their swordsmen, pike men, and archers. “Cross the Rubicon,” a general bellows in a strange and foreign tongue, but Kratos understands."

This isn't just in reference to Kratos's immortality, but also literally how he views through time and all its events and how that information gets into him because of his new status as a god. It's not the same as Gaia, but getting there.

GOW1 Epilogue:

"With each step, the sights and sounds of battle rush in upon him, from all across the world and throughout all eternity, for time and place are different for the gods. He fears for an instant—or for a millennium—that his nightmares return to rape his mind, but he does not recognize the soldiers he sees. They wear metal armor and march in phalanx; cavalry and chariots support their swordsmen, pike men, and archers. “Cross the Rubicon,” a general bellows in a strange and foreign tongue, but Kratos understands."

This isn't just in reference to Kratos's immortality, but also literally how he views through time and all its events and how that information gets into him because of his new status as a god. It's not the same as Gaia, but getting there.
Alright, thanks man. Apologies for making you go through the effort of it.

Alright, thanks man. Apologies for making you go through the effort of it.
Not just that, GOW2 also shows Kratos's newly-earned Acausality, where he changes the entire timeline of GOW2's events necessary for GOW3 to exist (Deleting the loop that he has to go through to make sure GOW3 comes to fruition), by saving Sparta from Zeus, robbing him of the need to ever resurrect, travel to the Island of Creation to obtain the Titan Power Ups, hell, even robbing him of a target to kill because the Sisters of Fate were now dead across all of time (They don't have past or future selves, they exist only in the present), but he still retains his power-ups and uses them against Zeus.

should be noted that most aesir gods probably have soul and body deconstruction resistance

No. Only Freyr does. Light of Alfheim scares the shit out of Odin/False Tyr.
I think Freya too, considering she wielded a Bifrost and likely did what Kratos had done in stepping into The Light to charge it.

Back