• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Screenshot_20221227-124258_YouTube.jpg

Lmfao. This discourse when the trailer came out gave us some silly edits, I'll give it that.

novel says ares gave kratos near olympian strength
I don't care enough to revise pre chains of Olympus kratos tier so i let this up to yall

Near-Olympian =/= Tier 2 levels of strength tho, not without further context.

From where does the idea Kratos has Life energy and Power Absorption With his bare hands comes from?
Also poseidon rage having Deconstruction and soul manip comes from eye of atlantis?

From where does the idea Kratos has Life energy and Power Absorption With his bare hands comes from?
I think it comes from Chains of Olympus, he depowers himself completely to enter elysium and then gets back all his life and magic energy as well as his other powers back by killing the souls in elysium and somehow absorbing it all back

Also poseidon rage having Deconstruction and soul manip comes from eye of atlantis?
Yup, pretty sure the first novel also has some deconstruction feats for his rage

I think it comes from Chains of Olympus, he depowers himself completely to enter elysium and then gets back all his life and magic energy as well as his other powers back by killing the souls in elysium and somehow absorbing it all back
Killing the Persian King also comes to mind.

Yup, pretty sure the first novel also has some deconstruction feats for his rage
Yeah, he decimates minotaurs and incorporeal wraiths completely and creates a massive crater.

I haven't looked at Kratos's page since we merged keys and pages.

I literally go off of memory. Hell not just GoW even DMC, I only recently did that once for Dante's profile because reaper made a CRT.

This should be another straight example of power absorption. Have we mentioned it on profile?
the profile doesn't mention it "Life, Energy and Power Absorption (Can drain the life force and magic energies and abilities of opponents on contact with them with just his bare hands without needing his Blades of Chaos to do so),"

the profile doesn't mention it "Life, Energy and Power Absorption (Can drain the life force and magic energies and abilities of opponents on contact with them with just his bare hands without needing his Blades of Chaos to do so),"
Forgot to mention the aforementioned feats completely back a couple months ago. The soul thing I only realized in October.

Did any GOW crt happens that I missed? Or what should I’d be expecting
Other than the Reactive Evolution CRT and Accelerated Development CRT? Nah, you ain't missed nothing. The big CRT has been set back a little bit so that it can finalize all Greek and Norse sections in one full swing.

Other than the Reactive Evolution CRT and Accelerated Development CRT? Nah, you ain't missed nothing. The big CRT has been set back a little bit so that it can finalize all Greek and Norse sections in one full swing.
Ahh ok. Are there going to be any sick haxs that the characters are gonna have?

Ahh ok. Are there going to be any sick haxs that the characters are gonna have?
Yes. Greek Side will get buffed up even more than Norse Side, but that's not to say the Norse don't have any good hax of their own. Unfortunately however, Ragnarok dickrides and wanks the Greek Side far more than even the Norse, and the Norse ultimately end up being glass cannons in terms of hax, possessing little to no hax resistance whatsoever, while the Greek side not only has the hax in sheer volume and being completely broken, but they also have resistances in spades.

Yes. Greek Side will get buffed up even more than Norse Side, but that's not to say the Norse don't have any good hax of their own. Unfortunately however, Ragnarok dickrides and wanks the Greek Side far more than even the Norse, and the Norse ultimately end up being glass cannons in terms of hax, possessing little to no hax resistance whatsoever, while the Greek side not only has the hax in sheer volume and being completely broken, but they also have resistances in spades.
wished thor was considered equal to hercules or Odin being smarter than zeus

Out of curiosity What are the 3 most broken haxex greek era will get?

wished thor was considered equal to hercules or Odin being smarter than zeus
TBH Odin probably is. I do think you could argue Thor as that high via statements but that doesn't seem consistent (unless we get something saying it outright)
Acausality Type 4 and negation, probability and causality Hax.
Who has probability
TBH Baldur's Curse prolly lets him resist most of what the Norse verse offers

Honestly yes.

But I have seen people be anal about it say as if it's different abilities completely.
Even though our own P&A page literally lists Probability Hax under Fate Hax. Like some people are incapable of believing in nuance or context.
Pretty much this. Fate Manip is a collection of all those haxes but far stronger, but the Sisters have shown individual uses of those haxes separately as well. But like you said, people are pretty ******* anal about some of this.

Honestly yes.

But I have seen people be anal about it say as if it's different abilities completely.
Even though our own P&A page literally lists Probability Hax under Fate Hax. Like some people are incapable of believing in nuance or context.
Honestly I feel Luck, Probability and Fate Manipulation should just be the one thing but thats just me and my spicy ass takes

Back