• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War Profiles with Unaccepted Abilities

I was doing some GoW research (which is all I seem to be doing nowadays) when I came across something interesting. Thor's profile has paralysis inducement and status effect inducement, but these abilities have no citation, so I went back through his edit history to see when they were added. I found what I was looking for, but there's a big problem. No CRT was attached, and despite doing a fair bit of digging, I have been unable to find any CRT that proposed giving Thor these abilities. It seems KLOL just added them on a whim with no evidence and no prior acceptance. This happened again more recently with Jormungandr, who has resistance to electricity manipulation from fighting Thor. This addition does have a CRT, but neither Jormungandr nor Thor are mentioned anywhere; Jormungandr's resistance was added despite never being discussed or evaluated, and KLOL evidently lied about it being accepted in that CRT.

TL;DR: Where do these abilities come from, and why were they allowed on the profiles with no evidence and no accepted CRT?

TL;DR: Where do these abilities come from, and why were they allowed on the profiles with no evidence and no accepted CRT?
I'm not really sure. I am wondering if his intention was to connect it to the effects of Zeus' magic (which doesn't actually do that by default, only specific Zeus-lineage spells from a specific game do that) but in any case it still should've involved a CRT.

This is definitely a Rule Violation I believe also welcome back Fuji (I dont know how long it has been since the unban)
It is, which is why I'm asking for clarification first. Although KLOL has left the site of his own accord anyways, so I'm not sure if it matters much.
I've been back for under a day btw
I'm not really sure. I am wondering if his intention was to connect it to the effects of Zeus' magic (which doesn't actually do that by default, only specific Zeus-lineage spells from a specific game do that) but in any case it still should've involved a CRT.
Hm, that's a distinct possibility. It would still be wrong, of course, since Zeus' specific brand of magic died out when Greece fell, and Thor's lightning would have no reason to scale anyways.

In God of war ragnarok, a full shock effect by default causes you're character and enemies to be paralyzed. This goes for every character who uses electricity.
Also,
Can we stop assuming people's intentions despite the fact that we ourselves don't know where it's coming from?

In God of war ragnarok, a full shock effect by default causes you're character and enemies to be paralyzed. This goes for every character who uses electricity.
This is significantly more reasonable, thanks. My one concern is that this paralysis effect doesn't occur instantly on every hit; Like every other debuff in the game, you need to apply it repeatedly until a meter is filled, and then the status takes effect. So even if the abilities themselves stay, a lot of characters' resistances would need a second look; For instance, Jormungandr wouldn't inherently resist paralysis because we don't really know if Thor did enough damage to fill his shock debuff gauge (we only see them trade blows like twice before Thor smacks him back in time).
Also,

Can we stop assuming people's intentions despite the fact that we ourselves don't know where it's coming from?
I don't think he intended to say that in a disrespectful or accusatory way, just hypothesizing the reason for the changes since we didn't know where they came from. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

This is significantly more reasonable, thanks. My one concern is that this paralysis effect doesn't occur instantly on every hit; Like every other debuff in the game, you need to apply it repeatedly until a meter is filled, and then the status takes effect. So even if the abilities themselves stay, a lot of characters' resistances would need a second look; For instance, Jormungandr wouldn't inherently resist paralysis because we don't really know if Thor did enough damage to fill his shock debuff gauge (we only see them trade blows like twice before Thor smacks him back in time).
Sure that's pretty reasonable.

Cool, I'll start making note of characters who resist the having the debuff applied. Would you happen to be aware of any guides that make note of which bosses resist which status effects? It'd help expedite the process a lot.

That sucks, guess I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way. Crazy that online guides don't bother to mention any status effect resistances for bosses, I feel like that'd be pretty important information for a game with like 10 different statuses.

Back