• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War (2018) General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would resting on the same physical space matter Kep, each realm is still their own dimension and has their version of the earth, and likely the comos in them.

Also, what makes Baldur hurting the World Serpent an outlier, there is literally nothing to suggest he couldn't normally, it's not like the game says that Baldur isn't strong enough to hurt him.

Doesn't she say literally just after that line of dialogue that the realms are separated by the light of Alfheim? So being the same physical space might not even matter.

@Andika Since Ymir created everything and Surtr added heat to everything, that would mean that they created everything in the other eight realms right?

@ByAsura Yeah, I think she does, so the physical space part might not mean much.

Also, how strong do you have to be to close tears in the fabric of reality?

Tearing holes in reality is unquantifiable i believe. But fiction generally tends to play with that kind of stuff to the point where Solar System level characters can do it.

My friend, Baldur hit the Serpent is a feat for BALDUR, not a DOWNGRADE for the serpent, Baldur death affect the climate in all Midgard...

Baldur did no damage to the snake, he just did not fight back because he was carrying Kratos, i think... So much so that when Atreus calls her the hit kill in Thamur / Freya

Serpent is clearly much stronger than Baldur, he is the one who can figth Thor (The strongest God in the Norse Myth), probably Kepley is right, Baldur hit the Serpent is a outiler...

You'd have to prove he's the strongest god in the game though, if we went by the myth, Zeus would be equal to Poseidon and Hades. But i'm neutral on this until a sequel comes out for god of war.

ByAsura said:
You'd have to prove he's the strongest god in the game though, if we went by the myth, Zeus would be equal to Poseidon and Hades. But i'm neutral on this until a sequel comes out for god of war.
He is the stronger Based on myth, and it was said that the serpent was the only one capable of fighting Thor

I'm pretty sure that was in the context of the giants. Also, if we went by the myth, Odin would be more powerful, so that contradicts it.

I never said it was a downgrade for anybody, and what does it matter that the snake never fought back, the point is Baldur is strong enough to knock it out, if he wasn't the snake would have never felt him, and him not fighting back due to having Kratos, Atreus, and Mimir in him is possible, but never stated, but alright.

Also, who cares if he can fight Thor or not, the GoW devs could have just made Baldur stronger than he normally is, don't compare them 100% to the myth, and from what we hear in game, it sounds more like Odin is the strongest with Thor being second, again there is nothing to indicate that it is an outlier, we don't even fully know how strong Thor is yet, so this is all spectualtion.

Odin is not the strongest nor even a ******, even after stealing magic, power and wisdom, he continues to do for the Fenrir in Ragnarok, Fenrir is no one near the Cobra ...

And just to mention, my friends, it was not me who said that Thor would be the strongest, everything is indicated in the codex of the game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEoDPdprdQ&t=22s

Well, in the original myth, as far as I can remember, Zeus was MUCH stronger than the other gods

What? Nor even a f***er? Fenrir is no one near the Cobra?

It says and maybe the only one big enough to defeat Thor. That is definitley in the context of giants.

In the original myth Zeus was said to be equal to Hades. There's an RT on it somewhere.

Edit: I was thinking of when they were younger. After becoming the god of gods he apparently does surpass them from what he says about being superior to all gods combined.

As someone who made that RT (unless you mean Matt's one) Hades is stated to be Zeus' equal but I'd say that's about it honestly (Poseidon's has a statement but it was once and he gets outmatched by Zeus and states he can't fight Zeus)

You keep referencing the real myth, they are not the same, so it is pointless to do so, also, read fenrirs profile he is higher than the Serpent since he eats the sun and moon.

Where in the codex does it say he is the strongest, it talks about how Odin killed Ymir who made everything in the universe, so Odin is clearly really strong as well.

@Hellbeast

I looked into it a little more, not just the RTs, and i was apparently thinking of before he became the god of gods. I'm not sure if that is true though.

Hellbeast1 said:
Wait so Baldur's winter affected all of Midgard? That would be High 6-A if memory serves
Yes. They all believe that it is the end of time, and according to Mimir, it is the beginning of Ragnarok...

See until the end of the conversation with Brok and Sindri - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enO2NBqQsg4&t=1129s

The feat specifically is at the beginning of the conversation with Mimir...

18:52 Mimir says that Baldur's death created a snowfall, That was in an ome
7:02 Kratos asks if the omen is just the arrival of winter
And Mimir replies that it's not just a winter, but one that could cover 3 summers ...

Only by these lines did we realize that Baldur not only "made snow" but also invoked a Winter (Literally, like a Season and, which of course means that it covers Midgard), and that winter he invoked would be so strong that he would span 3 summers...

You should also probably quote that Kratos himself has said there are consequences for killing a god. Baldur dying is basically like all the other gods dying in greece.

Hellbeast1 said:
As someone who made that RT (unless you mean Matt's one) Hades is stated to be Zeus' equal but I'd say that's about it honestly (Poseidon's has a statement but it was once and he gets outmatched by Zeus and states he can't fight Zeus)
That's a MASSIVE TROLL...

Look at Kratos' fight with Hades and Poseidon, and then see his fight on Zeus, and tell me yourself if they are on the same level

Egarroyo0330 said:
You keep referencing the real myth, they are not the same, so it is pointless to do so, also, read fenrirs profile he is higher than the Serpent since he eats the sun and moon.
Where in the codex does it say he is the strongest, it talks about how Odin killed Ymir who made everything in the universe, so Odin is clearly really strong as well.
Yeah, Odin kills Ymir (The creator of the Universe), but, later he died to Fenrir :)

Shadowwaker said:
You should also probably quote that Kratos himself has said there are consequences for killing a god. Baldur dying is basically like all the other gods dying in greece.
Well, this is obvious, they are gods, they have a key role in the universe, this does not change the fact that Baldur's death has caused a megawinter in midgard

Dude stop using the myth, they are not equal, if you are going to say Odin died to Fenrir then I can say that Thor died to the World Serpent, we don't know yet how either will die, it will probably end with them fighting Kratos. Also, you used the GoW versions of the Gods to compare to the real myth again, they are not the same, that's like saying that Thor from Marvel is the same as Thor from the myth, he is not, they are both very different, so stop comparing them.

I am using the Myth as a base, because the same, in relation to RAGNAROK is being EXACTLY (without exception) to the original, and a prophecy was only changed because Kratos interfered, can you understand?

Yes I can understand, can you understand that is flawed logic, especially since Baldur is way different in the game than in the myth, basically every character is different Thor and Odin are way worse than they were in the myth, and the World Serpent is actually pretty chill, and does not attack anyone. Also, that only works for the norse version, you tried using the GoW stuff for the greek version as well. There are multiple different things in this game especially, masive Spoiler:

Atreus being Loki, as far as I can remember Kratos didn't have Loki in norse myth, he wasn't even in it, so using it as a base does not make sense because things are clearly different.

Friend, read my argument right, I said that the game was totally faithful to the original myth IN RELATION TO RAGNAROK, I made it clear in my comment ...

I said that, because of the informations given by the game (Shrine, Mimir's tales and the others) about Ragnarok, they're the same as the original story, see the game codex and tell me if there's anything about the Ragnarok characters that does not match the original mythology ???

Even Ragnarok (and its beginning) is faithful to the original story, and that was modified only because Kratos interfered, here Mimir explains this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enO2NBqQsg4&t=1156s

Yes I know what Mimir and the shrines say, but Ragnarok is already different since Mimir talks about how the World Serpent gets thrown backwards through time, that does not happen in the original myth. Even if it close right now, it will probably change more due to Kratos's presence.

@WTF I was referring to the mythical Zeus, Poseidon and Hades not the GOW ones. Secondly the myths are completely different to the games for reasons previously listed and the feats are of a FAR lower caliber then the myths

Wait, I just realized something, we use all of the feats for the mythical versions oviously, but all of those feats are written and only talked about, it's not like we get anything in real life to show the feats, yet the feats are still valid. Same goes for other books and novels that don't always have pictures along with them. So not using the feats that are discussed, especially if they are in game, for GoW seems weird, but I assume it is because we have the game itself to show the feats so if they aren't shown we don't use them, we have something that can shown them but doesn't, so they aren't used, is that mostly why?

Midgard is confirmed to be the entire earth,not just one part of it via the interview with the writers.

God Of War's Writers On What The Ending Means For The Future
God Of War's Writers On What The Ending Means For The Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back