• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War (2018) General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So like what they were doing with Hercules originally.

Honestly i'd personally have Kratos kill Thor the same way Thanos kills the Fallen in his series (Youll know what i mean if you read it)

All up tho the antagonist is very likely Freya or Thor with Kratos' death at the end.

(Spoilers if you haven't read the issue {Obviously except Hellbeast})

Do you mean when he breaks his head against Thor's hammer.

I think both will be addressed in the next game actually. I can't see Kratos dying without both Freda and Thor dealt with.

1. Again I doubt they'd pass up Kratos wielding Mjornir

2. Freya doesn't have beef with Atreus and I doubt she's strong enough to take out Kratos without some serious prep

3. I don't see Thor happening before Freya, which goes back to le first point.

Well she is mentioned to be getting her Valkyrie wings back which might allow her to take on Kratos in a fight (Since she as the Queen should be superior to the rest who gave Kratos a good fight)

@ByAsura Yep i just felt that'd be a cool way to kill Thor in a GOW game.

I mean, I just want to see how will Loki turn out to be in terms of gameplay aspects that will be influected by story aspect. What will his melee weapon be? Sword? Daggers? Leviathan ? Maybe his bow will be used as a melee weapon just like he did against Baldur? Scepter just like in Marvel universe :v ?

I mean there's so many possibilities.... How will his status as god of mischief and tricks will come to play? Will he be able to create clones that will support you in battle? Turn into wolf and attack opponents? Will he even be playable? A lot of us want to play as him, but Cory might have a different plans for this kid.

And the last thing, Atreus is just a kid, and they dont have a lot of time before Ragnarok and end of everything. Will we even see Adult Loki with beard and stuff? If I recall correctly Loki dies during Raganrok too. After the end of Ragnarok the gates to the Realm of The Dead should stay open for a while... Possibly return of Kratos for Egyptian and Japanese mythos?

I feel the next game follows Kratos up until the end when he gets killed (Thor or Freya take your pick) and at the end we have a cutscene where Atreus has grown up and in the next game we follow him (here's hoping he gets Surtr's Sword somehow)

Hellbeast1 said:
I feel the next game follows Kratos up until the end when he gets killed (Thor or Freya take your pick) and at the end we have a cutscene where Atreus has grown up and in the next game we follow him (here's hoping he gets Surtr's Sword somehow)
We have like 3 years before Ragnarok? And Surtr's Sword? Wouldnt that made him beyond OP ?

I don't think freya will be a big villain next game, she may try to kill them but will come around after Kratos's possible death and third game might be like GoW 3 this time Atreus with help of the giants(Surtr,Jormungandr,Fenrir) and the army of the dead(possibly including kratos) with Freya telling him the secret of the Asgardian walls which Hrimthur told her and bring ragnarok

Possible bosses and realms for next game

● Troll

● Troll

● Ogre

● Troll

● Freya

● Vali(possible since in the myth he was born to avenge Baldur)

● Thor

Svartlfheim and Vanaheim might be accesible next game

Am I the only person that thinks that Kratos just won't die. He may pull a GoW 2 and say screw fate and live, Cory has said GoW isn't GoW without Kratos and I agree, he has also said he literally is cursed to live forever which is why it would be weird for him to die, but we will see when the next game comes out, personally as much as I like Atreus I want my boy Kratos to become even more OP, but I am still excited for the next one.

Yeah, he could become one of the most tormented characters in gaming if that happens, and I feel like if it were to happen again, he would just decide not to have a family again and would try to keep to himself, until some Gods pick a fight of course, then he has to show them who is boss.

Kratos can die in GoW 2/3 and be brought back at the end of Ragnarok... Then he can simply visit other mythos. Killing Kratos for one or two games, doesnt mean killing him for good.

Aizenishere said:
I mean if Kratos moves on to other mythologies that's a pretty realistic scenario. Although that must suck.. each verse = dead wife and child like what
Well Ancient Greek polytheism came before the Old Nordic Polytheism, Shintoism had evidence of worship I think at least 400 years BC, and there's also the Roman gods which are pretty much the Greek gods with a twist, then you have paganism/pre-christianity religions before early christianity. Hinduism also had evidence of worship near the same time as Shintoism, so it would be cool to see Kratos take on the Japanese and Hindu gods, though the latter might feel like Asura's Wrath lol

He'd also have to be immortal if he isn't already.

He is immortal, Cory says in an interview that he has lived for hundreds of years, but I don't remember which one, and he is cursed to come back lo life forever so he will still be around, makes me wonder about a Kratos in the modern era trying to correct people on who killed all of the Gods, that would be kind of funny, but probably wouldn't happen.

Imagine Kratos with Surtr's sword and Thor's hammer, plus the axe, new levels of OP, but that would be incredibly awesome, and maybe Atreus gets Odin's spear, they would be pretty broken.

unless if there are gods that capable erasing someone from existence then sure kratos would stay dead.

ZERO7772 said:
Why GoD 4 Kratos have lower tier than GoD 1-3 Kratos if the game take place after the first three games?
Because it's been stated many times that he grew old and weak. He doesnt have access to his previous weapons. He only showed feats on High 6-C scale.

Because it's been stated many times that he grew old and weak. He doesnt have access to his previous weapons. He only showed feats on High 6-C scale.

Wait it said he got weaker? must have missed that, he doesn't have his weapons but he beats the shit out of Zeus bare hand in GoD 3

ZERO7772 said:
Wait it said he got weaker? must have missed that, he doesn't have his weapons but he beats the shit out of Zeus bare hand in GoD 3
that time he has Power of hope, GOW4 kratos show no sign of having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back