• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War (2018) General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's okay to make Jormungandr profile but for Thor i think we should wait for the sequel and his profile is mine

Thor should be atleast high 6A for fightin Jormungandr and shaking all the realms and somebody needs calc the worldwide 3 year long winter and the realm shaking feats

Hellbeast1 said:
As someone who made that RT (unless you mean Matt's one) Hades is stated to be Zeus' equal but I'd say that's about it honestly (Poseidon's has a statement but it was once and he gets outmatched by Zeus and states he can't fight Zeus)
GoW Hades is nowhere near Zeus. He is afraid of him.

Egarroyo0330 said:
Yes I know what Mimir and the shrines say, but Ragnarok is already different since Mimir talks about how the World Serpent gets thrown backwards through time, that does not happen in the original myth. Even if it close right now, it will probably change more due to Kratos's presence.
About Serpent, the reason she came back in the game is obvious, if she is not back, GoW 2018 dont't have a history ...

Why, this had an INTERFERENCE from Kratos, so it does not count ...

Remember that the snake is the daughter of Atreus, who is the son of Kratos, and secondly as paintings at the end of the game, a Serpent is born when Kratos dies ...

The move changes some aspects of the original story, yes, but it would never change an MUCH IMPORTANT fact to a mythology (unless Kratos interferes directly), but it's no different from that in mythology, so it's IMPOSSIBLE Fenrir does not even compare to Odin ...

Egarroyo0330 said:
Wait, I just realized something, we use all of the feats for the mythical versions oviously, but all of those feats are written and only talked about, it's not like we get anything in real life to show the feats, yet the feats are still valid. Same goes for other books and novels that don't always have pictures along with them. So not using the feats that are discussed, especially if they are in game, for GoW seems weird, but I assume it is because we have the game itself to show the feats so if they aren't shown we don't use them, we have something that can shown them but doesn't, so they aren't used, is that mostly why?
What you said does not make the slightest sense, as the game will show facts that occurred before even the story of the game started ??? Here in the same Wiki you use several written feats, in The Elder Scrolls, for example, the strongest characters are based on mini-books obtained within the game without any image about it ...

@Wtfsen I never said that Fenrir didn't compare to Odin, and for the changing of the myth, I don't see why they wouldn't change something that important, a majority of the old games changed important things, the Titans are pretty weak compared to most of the Gods, even Typhoon, even though in the myth he was one of the most feared enemies the Gods have ever faced and was stronger than most of them, he isn't even top 20 in GoW from what we have seen. Kratos is obviously way different, and Zeus is very clearly the strongest God in GoW, while in the myths it is less clear for the most part. However, they do seem to be staying closer to the myth on this one so I understand where you are coming from.

As for what I said after, I don't really know what you were saying when you replied, but I was simply talking about how in the lore and background info. the Gods and Kratos are way stronger yet they aren't used since they don't seem that strong in the games, sorry for writting such a confusing post though, looking back, I have no idea what I was trying to say for most of it.

I don't think serpent wraps around the actual earth, Midgard may just be a region thing, to be honest. That interview even explained that Midgard indeed is earth but the locals may most likely refer to their area right? They also said even though all of the realms are on a single plane although different dimensions it's somewhat possible to physically get to each realm?

Frantzy12 said:
I don't think serpent wraps around the actual earth, Midgard may just be a region thing, to be honest. That interview even explained that Midgard indeed is earth but the locals may most likely refer to their area right? They also said even though all of the realms are on a single plane although different dimensions it's somewhat possible to physically get to each realm?
Midgard is Earth proper but all the other realms are dimensions that are laid on top of it, & are Earth-like but with their own unique spin (e.g. Alfheim is the Elves' version of Earth).

Also kratos moved from Greece to norse is plot hole. Cory will tell the story kratos moved to norse myth.

Andika CL atmadja said:
Also kratos moved from Greece to norse is plot hole. Cory will tell the story kratos moved to norse myth.
Kratos has no need for Spatial Dimensions.

Not really a plot hole..also I know Midgard is actually earth but the same interview also stated the locals refer to their general area as Midgard as well because it's all they know besides the other dimensions that exist on the same plane. So it's possible Jormungandr may only be as big as Norway or Scandinavia wherever the norse area is lol.

Frantzy12 said:
Not really a plot hole..also I know Midgard is actually earth but the same interview also stated the locals refer to their general area as Midgard as well because it's all they know besides the other dimensions that exist on the same plane. So it's possible Jormungandr may only be as big as Norway or Scandinavia wherever the norse area is lol.
except the game doesn't mention Norway or Scandinavia. Just midgard. World serpent body also extend to off screen map which imply world serpent wrap around the earth.

Ofc the game didn't mention those places in that era, but it's obvious because that is where Norse mythology is located.

in real life Norway or Scandinavia is just location in earth. But in this game, Midgard is confirmed earth. Local doesn't aware another myth exist because every myth seperated by Void.

@Andika

I wasn't being serious.

Also, is it just me, or does everyone see Plural where the time stamp is?

Andika CL atmadja said:
in real life Norway or Scandinavia is just location in earth. But in this game, Midgard is confirmed earth. Local doesn't aware another myth exist because every myth seperated by Void.
How did Kratos managed to travel around the Void while being on boat?

Mate Norse is in Norway/Scandinavia there is no reason to believe it isn't especially when they refer to even Egypt, and Japan so it's obviously ancient earth. The writers stated themselves Kratos hopped on a boat and went north. They even state the people of the Norse world and every other world refer to their general area to Midgard (Norse) or Gaia (Greece) or whatever else.

they did not want to spoiler story on the next game, That is why he said kratos hopped on boat. In the game we know Tyr (norse gods) need to use unity stone to travel between Myths otherwise he would get erase by void. Cory Barlog will explain how kratos move from greece to norse in future.

Frantzy12 said:
Mate Norse is in Norway/Scandinavia there is no reason to believe it isn't especially when they refer to even Egypt, and Japan so it's obviously ancient earth. The writers stated themselves Kratos hopped on a boat and went north. They even state the people of the Norse world and every other world refer to their general area to Midgard (Norse) or Gaia (Greece) or whatever else.
in real life greece and norway is seperated by geography. But in this game not.It's seperated by void. Cosmology between myth are different. Greece is flat world with underworld below it and heaven above it. Norse has Yggdrasil which ecompasses nine realms which each realms is planet size earth. Doesn't make any sense Yggdrasil ecompasess every different myth.

Shadowwaker said:
We have yet to find out. Cory is obviously going to do more of these. And the fall of Loki is likely next.
My theory for the next game is Thor's gonna be the antagonist and kills Kratos near the end (causing Loki to hate the Nordic Gods and going into a third one quite well)

I think Kratos will die protecting Loki. But I don't think it'll be to Thor, I doubt they'd pass up the opportunity to hand Kratos the legendary hammer and have us the player use it. I'm guessing Odin will attempt to kill Loki and Kratos will sacrifice himself to save him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back