• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War (2018) General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hax since the blade's fire isn't normal fire either way. And what Frantzy12 said made me take a second look at the description of the blades in the game and it indeed does have hellfire manipulation which means it can survie in Hel. Not like Mimir sad that magically stronger fire cannot survive in the depths of hel.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, being a child has NOTHING to do with how we rate characters here. Look at this and tell me he's not damaging Bauldr

And no, tier 9 fodder harming tier 6 characters is PIS/Game Mechanics in ANY verse, unless you'd like to argue that theyre not even tier 9 because you only have to be 9-B to not be damaged by blades
Fine if that's how things work but it's still true that he is severely disadvantaged since he's still a child with a bow. Can you really see Atreus taking on any of the gods solo? I mean can he do anything fight anything outside of fodder enemies without tag teaming with his pops?

And again Kratos being a higher being does not automatically warrant him immune to bladed attacks. That's just taking the verse tiering a little too at heart. Do I have to pull out the digital comic where Kratos was harmed by a regular wolf's claw? If he's so above regular weaponry why can a claw from a way weaker enemy scratch his skin? Is that PIS too?

As I've said before, Kratos and the god's skin is not made of steel and they can be harmed by regular bladed weaponry. Want me to show why this reasoning actually making sense? Atreus arrows are regular arrows through and through and easily pierce's a god skin. Not magically enchanted, not made with some type of special metal, or from some great stone block, regular arrows that anyone can pick up and shoot.

You're looking way to close at the high tiers of the verse in being harmed when it won't even bother them since they easily walk it off and heal from the wounds without batting an eye. It's not PIS if a weak enemy is able to harm Kratos with a blade. It's PIS if a weak enemy is able to kill Kratos with a blade.

I think the reason that it seems like PIS is because he can tank things like a literal volcanic explosion and it didn't even scrath him despite the fact that he was also thrown into a stone column, if his skin was regular, he should have been at least cut up a little bit but he wasn't.

I suppose one could argue that he just healed extremely fast, but who knows, as for the comic yeah I saw that, and it did seem weird that they could cut into his skin, so I don't really know what to think of that since his skin would have to be abnormally strong to do a majority of the strength feats in game, or when he falls out of the sky like a meteor and uses only his shield to absorb the impact, his skin still should have been damaged there if it was just normal, but it wasn't, so it's kind of confusing.

It's also weird that Kratos actively chose not to regenerate even though he clearly can as shown in his fight with the Stranger, makes me wonder if he is limiting himself at least a little.

As for what Weekly is saying, I don't neccessarily think they believe that Atreus would be able to fight Baldur or the other Gods by himself, at least not yet anyway, but is just saying that he has the ability to harm them and take hits from them, in a one on one fight he would likely lose, but he can at least get hits in that damage them.

Kadmus Prime said:
Not hax since the blade's fire isn't normal fire either way. And what Frantzy12 said made me take a second look at the description of the blades in the game and it indeed does have hellfire manipulation which means it can survie in Hel. Not like Mimir sad that magically stronger fire cannot survive in the depths of hel.
fair enough. It should be noted the blade of Chaos capable:

• Heal and restore Kratos's own stamina and Kratos's wounds

• Absorb the lifeforce of Kratos's enemies, severely weakening them
    • Drain their strength and send it to Kratos's own; this also extends to the speed

source: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YBTCosMROCgI9yXm8iHCgMTnDVIu05qXVquAWiBWROc/edit

You make a point but then again, a volcanic explosion wouldn't leave marks behind outside of burns and bruises. So it's more than likely he healed really fast like you said.

Falling from the sky is still a blunt impact which Kratos has shown multiple times to be able to survive. Atreus also fell from the same heights as Kratos and lack visible injuries. The comic essentially points out that being a demi/full god doesn't automatically grant you resistance to all things weaker. And nothing is wrong with that, that's normally how it is. YOu can withstand more blunt force than hits from a blade. That's how it is

I would normally agree but he does the most minimal of damage with arrows and got his wind knocked out from a single punch. Even if you would make the claim that he has harmed them and tanked a blow from Baldur, it's just barely getting by. He was able to hit hard enough to harm a god but that doesn't necessarily mean that his strength is on the same level as theirs. Which is why I'm against having him on their level since it's because he's a child and he still hasn't reached his full potential outside of being able to understand foreign languages really fast and showing a hint of spartan rage.

There was something about thor and the world serpent shaking the nine realms, but it couldn't be quantified?...What about splintering the world tree? The one that transcends time and space? 2-C GOW?

Kadmus Prime said:
He doesnt need to have feats of fighting them solo to be on their level due to being able to harm them

Physics-Wise it does. You only need to be 9-B to be completely immune to normal bladed attacks. Yes that would be PIS. Any instance of a regular person with a knife or bow or some random wolf or animal harming a character with tier 6 durability is automatically PIS.

Shadowwaker said:
There was something about thor and the world serpent shaking the nine realms, but it couldn't be quantified?...What about splintering the world tree? The one that transcends time and space? 2-C GOW?
Eh... Let's just wait for Thor in action in new games, instead of giving him 2-C right off the bat... I mean both of them could be way more powerful that they are right now... Or at least it would made sense if they were stronger in the future... Because Baldur was capable of knocking down the World Serpent and it wouldnt have any sense if the 6-C character was capable of hurting 2-C.

What the shrek is this downplay here?

"Atreus doesn't scale because he is a child"

I don't even need to say anything do i?

"Kratos gets hurt by normal people"

PIS

"Atreus arrows are normal"

Guess every character who uses normal weapons now should be downgraded.

"Kratos skin is not made of steel,so he can be hurt by normal humans"

I'm sorry,but are you for real?For ****'s sake,if Kratos skin is normal why are his hands not exploding everytime he punches?

I mean,c'mon.

Kratos is like an onion. Onions have layers, Kratos has layers. You get the point Atreus?

Meshifuari Arimota said:
Shadowwaker said:
Eh... Let's just wait for Thor in action in new games, instead of giving him 2-C right off the bat... I mean both of them could be way more powerful that they are right now... Or at least it would made sense if they were stronger in the future... Because Baldur was capable of knocking down the World Serpent and it wouldnt have any sense if the 6-C character was capable of hurting 2-C.

doesn't stop us to discuss about it tho. We already know there will be sequel. cory said he has planned 5 GoW game in future.

Andika CL atmadja said:
doesn't stop us to discuss about it tho. We already know there will be sequel. cory said he has planned 5 GoW game in future.
Sure, sure... Do your thing... Just don't get too crazy before witnessing it, or getting more details on that matter.

If a void is a place where nothing exists then I guess so. I guess this means Kratos isn't 2-C since he couldn't survive falling into nonexistence without the unity stone.

Yo

I just wanted to ask, why does the 2018 Kratos has a different profile other than the original one, aren't they the same person?

@ZERO7772 The reason they have a different profile is because of how different they are, and his profile was getting kind of cluttered.

Shadowwaker said:
If a void is a place where nothing exists then I guess so. I guess this means Kratos isn't 2-C since he couldn't survive falling into nonexistence without the unity stone.
of course he isn't

No clue, I would imagine dura, unless stated that it was Hax that allowed survival in it. Probably need to ask Kep or Weekly.

Also, young Kratos needs his profile updated, his lifting strength is only T+ while Zeus is E+ and Atlas and Cronos are E, why would Kratos's strength be lower than any of them if he clealy shows that he is stronger, Zeus's strength makes sense since Kratos struggles the most with him in terms of strength, but it makes no sense for his to be lower.

Well Mimir said that Ymir took form from the water created when fire and ice met in the void and became a being of pure creation and chaos. So I'm guessing when Ymir formed the realms were also being formed? Considering the part where he said fire and ice met and created water which I would assume was also the creation of the realms.

Because the beings born from Ymir's flesh did needed a place to thrive and considering how no being without a unity stone can survive in the void (off the path of the realm between realms) I'm guessing the timeline of the realms creation and Ymir's creation is pretty close.

Not sure, but he also says that Odin made Midgard from Ymir's flesh, but I think it was Ymir that made all the realms other than Midgard, but I don't fully remember, I do know that Sutur gave heat to the Cosmos as Mimir states that he made the stars and everything heat related, or something like that anyway.

Egarroyo0330 said:
Not sure, but he also says that Odin made Midgard from Ymir's flesh, but I think it was Ymir that made all the realms other than Midgard, but I don't fully remember, I do know that Sutur gave heat to the Cosmos as Mimir states that he made the stars and everything heat related, or something like that anyway.
Well, there was nothing saying that Ymir made the realms but that is a possibility other than the realms being formed by themselves during his/her creation.

He is obviously stronger because he overpowers both of them, if he wasn't stronger then he would have been crushed by them, he overpowers Atlas in GoW 2 and Cronos in GoW 3, and when he overpowerd Atlas he was not as strong as he was in GoW 3.

Kadmus Prime said:
Well Mimir said that Ymir took form from the water created when fire and ice met in the void and became a being of pure creation and chaos. So I'm guessing when Ymir formed the realms were also being formed? Considering the part where he said fire and ice met and created water which I would assume was also the creation of the realms.
Because the beings born from Ymir's flesh did needed a place to thrive and considering how no being without a unity stone can survive in the void (off the path of the realm between realms) I'm guessing the timeline of the realms creation and Ymir's creation is pretty close.
i am sure after Ymir took form he created all realms. After that Giants, sun, wind, and gods come from his flesh. Midgard didn't exist before odin killed him.

Edit: I think we can imply life forms only created in each realms not in place where time and space doesn't exist.

So, young Kratos Lifting Strength ever going to be changed? Also, apparently Cory said in an interview that each realm is a different dimension, so being felt through nine different dimensions would be a pretty good feat right? Also, I am not fully aware of the interview where he says this, but have been told he has and I even remember him saying it.

Egarroyo0330 said:
So, young Kratos Lifting Strength ever going to be changed? Also, apparently Cory said in an interview that each realm is a different dimension, so being felt through nine different dimensions would be a pretty good feat right? Also, I am not fully aware of the interview where he says this, but have been told he has and I even remember him saying it.
it's easy to revise lifting strength.

and also can you give me source about cory interview ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back