• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gintama Hypersonic+ stats Revisions

(I know i've tried this before but i actually forgot abut the threads and theh are currently dead so sorry.) Ok so Gintama is currently rated as hypersonic+ because of 2 feats. (Unless I'm missing one.) Sugo cutting bullets, and Itou Blitzing some Samurai. However there are some... issues with these two feats. First of Itou blitzing samurai

1B3A8445-838C-49A8-B44C-18BC27147794
Itou samurai feat part 1

158FEAF2-FF3D-460D-A808-A7248F4F7DDB
itou samurai feat part 2

the issue here? They clearly aren't being blitzed and react to Itou. You can even see some of them gasp at the attack.

As for Sugo cutting bullets? http://web.archive.org/web/20160505...intama-the-eos-classic-gintama-edition.34196/ The calculation for context. See the flaw here is Sugo didn't make 4 cuts. Sugo made 2 since he was duel wielding katana's at the time.

E193411B-7B0D-45C8-AB03-9EA360FDEF76
Sugo's feat

You can even see him throw both in the last panel. Granted one could argue the resaults being higher since the muzzle velocity of the snipers where considered to be 600 m/s in a futuristic world.

Also here's a feat i've tried calculating my self and got HHS to MHS results from Hijikata stabbing a bullet.
492253BE-10D8-4872-9873-8E59AD91BD2A
Hijikata feat p1

1EB7759F-9F5E-4E5F-B304-742B17BCD82E
Hinikata feat p2

05322EDB-7C71-4F1F-8872-DF587D7E46D3
And in the start of the next chapter it shows he stabbed the bullet mid fligt

Basically I assumed tbe bullet only moved the lenght of the Bullet since it seems to be in more or less the same spot between chapters and hijikata's stab (i think it's a .38 can't tell however so 9.07 mm). And then Factor in how fast the bullet was moving (supersonic at least). Then hijikata moving his Katana the full lenght in a stab 60 cm (how small something needs to be to qualify dor a katana at minimum). Using these values i got mach 66. However i'm no expert calculator so take this with a mountain of salt it could be faster or slower.

Well i'm iffy on the calc myself and i'd rather not was the calc groups time with something that may not even resault in a buff if i'm wrong

Okay. Thanks. Do you have a link to the blog post?

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
It's calc'd. Subsonic+.
I have a few problems with the calc as i said in the comment section.

Mostly the idea that Gintama is using Old school rifles when.

FEE27CDC-FF52-4F44-A07D-DCBF3D2C2E51
Here's a moddern day pistol.

D5352254-3BF6-4D92-9DED-460DFF12BE35
Here's a machinegun in an umbrella.

Gintama's tech is far more advanced then that

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
It's just an estimate. You can't see an exact number very often.
Guess that leaves just hijikata deflecting a bullet then as the series last hope to stay hupersonic+?

While i still have issues with the calc shrugs

Either way the series should stay Hypersonic there are quite a few Good Blitzing calcs that got hypersonic resaults. (Though i am coming after BOS Saitama's speed eventually.)

Can you remind me what we were discussing here?

Basically gintama has unfustified Hypersonic+ stats based off 2 flawed speed calcs.

So there speed needs to be downgraded. Well unless the Hijikata speed calc gets anything of note.

Okay, and do we have anything else to scale from instead?

Okay. As long as the OBD has accepted them, I think that should be fine.

Did anybody ever update the pages based on the other calculations?

then someone should do calc for newer feats,especially for utsuro,cause i'm quite sure he is so far the fastest character in gintama,i'm quite sure his feat for deflecting bullets from multiple gunners is better than feats shown above,if katana from DC can have like MHS reaction speed for reacting to AK bullets from 2 gunners,then why Utsuro whos also react to rifle bullets from more gunners only have like hypersonic ???

Back