• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh vs Jin Mo-Ri

I checked Jim's profile and ddaaaannnggg. He seems pretty good. I don't know, I'll have to come back to you later.

Jin blitzes. Gil's current combat speed is no higher than Massively Hypersonic.

Then Jin loses due to Enkidu. Alternatively, if Gil isn't aware that Jin is a God, Jin seals Gil in his Gourd.

Well, first of all, Gil's feat is quantified and far faster than Jin's.

Second, Gil's feat is currently deemed as Travel Speed only since he was stated to have taken a ship rather than fly back on his own power. As a result, Jin would blitz due to vastly superior combat speed.

Reppuzan said:
Well, first of all, Gil's feat is quantified and far faster than Jion's.
Second, Gil's feat is currently deemed as Travel Speed only since he was stated to have taken a ship rather than fly back on his own power. As a result, Jin would blitz due to vastly superior combat speed.
Actually he did fly on his own. In this cutscene we see him casually flying towards the final area. He flew 404 light years in 10 seconds which makes him billion times faster than light.

"404 Light Years [codecast] P218

This is the borderline that lies between the seventh layer and Moon Cell Nucleus. Virtual Spiritrons are made of light, and it's warned that at the speed of light it would take 404 years to get past this border and to the computer addresses which lie beyond."

Having hypersonic reaction time while being able to fly at billion times faster than light doesn't make sense.

Fate Extra CCC Gilgamesh Vs MoonCancer GameMaster(BB)-1
Fate Extra CCC Gilgamesh Vs MoonCancer GameMaster(BB)-1

It was stated that he took a "Ship of Light" that allows him to fly at FTL speeds. So not really...

Reppuzan said:
It was stated that he took a "Ship of Light" that allows him to fly at FTL speeds. So not really...
That wasn't in this cutscene. What you are reffering to is when Kiara threw him across the galaxy and that is the only time he mentioned "Ship of Light".

"Kiara: What!? B-But you were sent to the end of the galaxy!

Kiara: Did you just fly faster than light!?

Gilgamesh: Idiot! Did you think I didn't have a ship of light capable of something like that?"

Watch the cutscene, no ship so your claim is dismissed.

Reppuzan said:
Two admins and a translation would like to disagree with you.
"You idiot, did you think I wouldn't have a ship of light among my treasures? Just because I like the classics doesn't mean I don't keep up with recent developments. If there is a technique that sends somebody to the edges of space, then there will be a Noble Phantasm corresponding to it."
Are you blind or? Show me that Ship of Light in the cutscene I provided. You are claiming he is using a ship in that cutscene so if you can't prove it, then we are done here.

The quote is by Gilgamesh himself. So unless you want to refuse the word straight from the horse's mouth...

Reppuzan said:
The quote is by Gilgamesh himself. So unless you want to refuse the word straight from the horse's mouth...
I'm still waiting for you to show me a ship in the cutscene where he flew faster than light.

I'm still waiting for you to realize that they can't animate everything in the cutscenes to save money (it's a PSP, not a PS4), or that you're ignoring solid evidence from the game itself.

Many characters have much higher flight/movement speed than reaction speed, all they need to do is plot out a path to take before they start and they will have no need to react, it's not unreasonable in the least.

I'd say Jin takes this with his gourd, since they haven't been given prior knowledge

But they are not bloodlusted, so I doubt Jin would want to finish the battle by simply sucking Gil into the gourd. But the way I see it, Gil does not have anything that can cut the RJB, and Jin is more versitile in fighting techniques. If the battle goes on long enough, Jin could even copy Gil's fighting techniques. But ultimately, Jin's gourd would give him the win.

If you would like a battle of raw power, I would suggest you ban BFR. However, I still think Jin would take this regardless.

Reppuzan said:
I'm still waiting for you to realize that they can't animate everything in the cutscenes to save money (it's a PSP, not a PS4), or that you're ignoring solid evidence from the game itself.
HAHAHHH, jesus christ. You are saying they can't put the ship in the cutscene, but it is there. Nice debating skills.

1) You're being disrespectful.

2) You're disagreeing with a judgment made by two members of the Staff (who are quite knowledgable about the Nasuverse) made with evidence. If you'd like to debate this, make a content revision thread, otherwise you have to use the ratings on their profiles.

It doesn't even make any sense for gilgamesh to be FTL let alone MFTL considering that the other servants like saber and even shirou in UBW are able to match him blow for blow while being far below light speed.

Technically no.

Origin Gilgamesh is the closest version of him to when he was alive. Every servant (aside fron a few exceptions like Hans or Avenger) are stronger than his crappy servant vessel.

UBW is arguable. Gilgamesh could easily win the 4th and 5th war on the same day.

And Origin Gilgamesh>>>>UWB/Fate, etc.

Hopefully someday we will see prime servants.

A Sword Dancer said:
It doesn't even make any sense for gilgamesh to be FTL let alone MFTL considering that the other servants like saber and even shirou in UBW are able to match him blow for blow while being far below light speed.
well maybe his speed isnt MTFL+ but the fact that he is controling ship that move at MFTL+ making his reaction time is at least MFTL+

@Akalavashimu

Well, it was a separate feat from a separate continuity, so it is actually plausible (since this Gil is much closer to the strength he had in life compared to his relatively low stats as Archer), but my points above still stand.

Well this thread has side-tracked a little... So we still keeping track of the scores?

Back