• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
While Giant Cucco ranges from 6-B to high 6-B, Tapu Koko ranges from low 6-B to 5-B. So do they have a common range to start a "fair" fight in VSBW terms?

Speed equalised if necessary

Else SBA

Hylian chicken - 0

Alolan chicken - 3 (GyroNutz, Jackythejack, TriforcePower1)

G.Cucco
vs
Tapu.Koko.full.2014285

The answer is no. Characters with varying tiers (such as Koko's Low 6-B to 5-B) can't be considered to be any tier in-between. They're either one tier for X reason, or perhaps another tier for Y reason.

That being said, this may still be a fair match depending on how far the Giant Cucco is into 6-B

TK's attack potency with different moves ranges from 10^12 TNT to Planetary 2.7 x 10^24 TNT by scaling.

Lugia flapping its wings alone is 11.46, and it takes three legendary birds to equal full power lugia. Tapu Koko scales to the birds so he is superior to 3.82 teratons. Add on the fact that he'll be hitting under electric terrain and with super effective damage (as the Giant Cucco is flying type), Koko's attacks will be somewhere in country level I'd expect.

Add on the fact that Koko's signature move/Z move both ignore durability (Z move to a greater extent), weakening Cucco severely, I'd say this is at least a fair match, possibly even in Koko's favour.

Also remember that Koko can speed amp, is likely more skilled, has an immense range advantage and an omnidirectional electric move in discharge to destroy the summons. Electric seed + Koko possibly resisting Cucco's moves also allow Koko to not get one-shot. Koko can further double his electric attacks with Charge. If it has a mind to, it could possibly power swap with the Giant Cucco, giving it a pretty much guaranteed win if it works.

[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Board_Thread:Versus_Threads/@comment-33064970-20180811095128/@comment-34881900-20180820115052?diff=prev&oldid=3050043']GyroNutz said:
I believe Z move is the last thing Koko would want to use on Cuccos since they summon more underlings once they receive sufficient damage.

The best strategies for Koko:

1. One-shot Cucco when there is only one Cucco

2. Zap the Cucco to paralysis then take it down.

3. Anytime Koko notices Cucco summons, paralyse all the Cuccos and take them down. At least, take them down one by one instead of weaker AoE moves that will allow them to summon before they die.

Luckily Cuccos do not strategise and only fight with animal instincts. So Koko should tap into strategy 3 and still win the day.

Koko should take it with high difficulty.

Like I said, an electric terrain boosted STAB super effective discharge will likely take out all of the summons, especially if its charged up, while also damaging and potentially paralysing the Giant Cucco

GyroNutz said:
Like I said, an electric terrain boosted STAB super effective discharge will likely take out all of the summons, especially if its charged up, while also damaging and potentially paralysing the Giant Cucco
So you vote for Koko for your reasons?

No, Giant Cucco still has an immense AP and dura advantage, it's just that Koko has everything else.

Koko would likely not use power swap, and from what I recall it's a close range move. Much more in-character for Koko to use its electric moves and signature moves

YuriAkuto said:
Power Swap and Nature Madness doesn't make this a stomp?
KoKo may use power swap, but once he uses Nature Madness, that is the end of Koko not Cucco. (since Cucco will then have one to one dozen (or more) units summoning dozens of units to flood over Koko)

Koko needs strategy to win and one mistake can turn the table.

Want to ask a question before closing:

How to determine whether it is a new key phase or an upgrade in the current phase?

Say, if a character fights at power level X at a story time, then at another story time, some events happened (say consuming some characters' power) and the character then has a power level of 100X. Should 2 key phrases be used to distinguish the power level before/after the events?

How is this applying / not applying to Tapu Koko and the remaining Alolan Guardians? Say, when is one character upgraded and when is one having a new phase?

I may have interpreted your question wrong, apologies in advance if I have.

If there is feats and showings of a character having a boost/change in power from one moment to another (say, for instance, a timeskip where they've stated to have trained/gotten rusty), we can give them different keys then.

Every media in Pokemon is equally canon, and all our profiles are for the most part composite. Since there's no two instances where Tapu Koko has canonically shown vastly different powers, he doesn't get two keys. Instead, it was simply a misconception about who the Tapus and Alolan legendaries scaled to. Now they scale to Ultra Necrozma. Nothing has changed in canon, its just the evidence now points to the Tapus scaling this way.

Hope this made sense

As a sidenote, if you wanna have the Giant Cucco fight a Pokemon, I'd recommend Ho-Oh. They're both chickens after all lol

Back