• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ghirahim Powers and Abilities Revamp

Dust_Collector

They/Them
With the major stuff for Zelda over and done it's time for a smaller CRT.

Poor old Ghirahim. First he was forgotten when Demise got upgraded to 4-A/Low 2-C and remained High 4-C, and now after the latest revisions his strongest form is 6-C, quite the drop considering just the other day his weakest form was 6-A. But now he will get a long overdue upgrade for his abilities so at least something is going right for him. He's missing a lot and so I've went and made a revamp for his P&A section in one of my sandboxes.

So yeah not much to say here, just making a CRT to improve his rather lackluster P&A section.

Looks pretty good, though Type 3 corruption is no longer a thing here, it's type 2 now.

Also Skyward Sword in 60 FPS looks so strange to me, maybe I'm used to seeing Zelda games not break 30 FPS.

Well, two knowledgable staff members should be good enough to apply this relatively minor CRT, so I'll go ahead and make the changes.

It loooks good overall, but I have a few nitpicks.

NPI should be listed as possibly

Corruption should be possibly or likely as well, we don't know if Ghirahim is the same type of demon as Beautraux.

I disagree with power nullification, I don't see we should assume Ghirahim has the same powers of the Dark Keese

I also disagree with magma and lava, just because he gave life to Scaldera, it doesn't mean he can use its same powers

Body Control fits better the first form of Transformation, though the power itself is still good because he can change his whole appearance

He uses some kicks and else in battle, this might give him Martial Arts

It loooks good overall, but I have a few nitpicks.

NPI should be listed as possibly

Corruption should be possibly or likely as well, we don't know if Ghirahim is the same type of demon as Beautraux.

I disagree with power nullification, I don't see we should assume Ghirahim has the same powers of the Dark Keese

I also disagree with magma and lava, just because he gave life to Scaldera, it doesn't mean he can use its same powers

Body Control fits better the first form of Transformation, though the power itself is still good because he can change his whole appearance

He uses some kicks and else in battle, this might give him Martial Arts
Couldn't you have said this like 2 minutes ago.

I'm fine with listing the Corruption and NPI as a possibly. For Power Nullfication it's kinda hard to show but the cursed energy that is seen corsing through Kalaktos looks the same as the cursed energy that is seen enveloping dark keese and other curse based monsters in the game, I'll try and show it in a little bit. I just assumed that since Scaldera was a normal boulder until Ghirahim imbued it with his magic then he'd have the same abilities he granted it, I'm nit too fussed about saying he can't use the same powers so I'd be fine with removing it. I'm also fine with changing transformation to body control. Not sure about the martial arts, I did consider giving it to him but his kicks are rather basic and I could mostly mimic them just fine despite not having any experience with martial arts.

Cursed energy can look similar, but you need actual proof that it has the same effects, otherwise we could flood the wiki with powers given only via stuff looking similar.

Iirc it was decided somewhere and some time ago that a character bestowing powers onto another isn't necessarily able to use said powers.
Scaldera could just have developed those powers after receiving life energy, of the energy itself might have given it access to them or else, there are many possibilities.

Transformation is still good, as he changes his whole body during the final battle.
Body Control is for him altering only his arms.

The kicks you replicated aren't inherently as strong, efficient and applicable as Ghirahim's, especially when used in combat.
A roundhouse kick is fairly easy to do, but the hard part is doing it in the good way, for which you need actual training and experience.
It's like throwing a punch, everyone can do it, but not everyone does it well, nor is able to do it during a battle.
We can see Ghirahim using an actual guard with his forearms and his kicks seem to have some technique behind, I believe he should have some degree of Martial Arts accounted.

Iirc it was decided somewhere and some time ago that a character bestowing powers onto another isn't necessarily able to use said powers.
Scaldera could just have developed those powers after receiving life energy, of the energy itself might have given it access to them or else, there are many possibilities.
Wait really? Huh, if that's the case than I guess Ganon needs a small handful of powers removed since some of them come from scaling to characters he bestowed powers to.

The kicks you replicated aren't inherently as strong, efficient and applicable as Ghirahim's, especially when used in combat.
A roundhouse kick is fairly easy to do, but the hard part is doing it in the good way, for which you need actual training and experience.
It's like throwing a punch, everyone can do it, but not everyone does it well, nor is able to do it during a battle.
We can see Ghirahim using an actual guard with his forearms and his kicks seem to have some technique behind, I believe he should have some degree of Martial Arts accounted.
I guess, but Ghirahims kicks and stuff could also be efficient and good because he's physically strong enough to like, break england in half. Although looking over the footage a bit more I can see him having some degree of martial arts.

I'm having trouble getting the wiki to load, so if someone else wants to make the changes based on Samans suggestions I'd appreciate it.

From SamanPatou's comments, I have:

• Removed Power Nullification, Magma Manipulation and Fire Manipulation
  • Added Possibly to Corruption and NPI
  • Change thing up with the Transformation so it be for the final form and Body Control for altering his arms
  • Added Martial Arts

Back