• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The calculation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:GodlyCharmander/One_Piece:_Gomu_Gomu_no_Storm

Context: This calculation assumes that Luffy busted a hole with a diameter of 133 meters. Knowing the diameter it uses angular size to calculate the height at 4.5 kilometers, resulting in a cylinder with a huge volume. After which it multiplies the volume by the weight of bedrock per CC, and it says that Luffy displaced all the bedrock in said cylinder to the surface in 7 seconds, moving it 4.5 kilometer.

This calculation comes with severe issues.

•The KE itself is invalid: Luffy wouldn't have displaced all that bedrock 4.5 kilometers, as not all of it the bedrock in that cylinder was at the bottom of said cylinder, duh.
°Furthermore, when you crash into something and it breaks into pieces as a result, the said pieces tend to get pushed aside, as opposed to being carried the entire way. So it stands to reason that a lot of that bedrock would have simply been getting pushed aside, as opposed to all of it stacking up.

•The manga itself debunks the entire premise: You can quite literally see that Luffy only sent 5 boulders around the size of Crocodile to the surface. Nowhere near the 59 MILLION cubic meters of bedrock the calculation claims were pushed to the surface.

•The size and volume are invalid: The diameter of the hole is nowhere near 133 meters, as seen on the very panel where Luffy sent Crocodile to the surface. This in turn reduces the height of the hole significantly, with that it's volume, as well as the distance travelled and the speed.
°The method of finding the hole size is also very unreliable, as on the very scan used, the part highlighted as "the hole" is seen only being about x2 bigger than a pathway that's seen being only a few meters wide. Which puts to question the method used.
°Furthermore no hole is seen in this panel, so I don't know where OP got this being the hole from to begin with.

•The mass is questionable: The calculation assumes that the cylinder was filled with solid rock and had no empty spaces, when in reality the place they were in is shown having hollow spaces.

•The time: The assumed time of 7 seconds is based on the assumption that a falling rock started falling from the bottom of the hole right as Luffy punched Crocodile. Yet there is 0 evidence for any of this. When it fell and from where it did is unknown. It could have fallen from the top of the hole, or the middle. It could have fallen after Luffy already sent Crocodile to the surface. It could have been a rock completely unrelated to the hole, as the place was already crumbling and similar-looking rocks were falling through-out the entire fight.

Overall: This calculation is wrong from every single angle, resulting in heavily inflated and inaccurate results. Due to this I call for this calculation to be removed.

Agree: @Damage3245 @DarkDragonMedeus
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
I was going to make a thread for this calc, so I'm aware of all the issues it has. I'm totally fine with it being removed.

Back