• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

geryuganshoop's speed possible upgrade

1608985724651.jpg

1608985968973.jpg

His tentacles are described as afterimage when a stone flies near the speed of light.

There is no set speed to create an after-image. This is just letting use know he's moving his tentacles fast, it doesn't mean he's moving them faster than the stones that are moving near light speed.

Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly this is trying to upgrade
The fact that you saw a stone flying at a speed close to the light means that the flow of time in the scene went that slow, and the readers looked at the events in the scene from that slow perspective. Yes, it's described as a afterimage even though it's seen through a very slow time flow.

There is no set speed to create an after-image. This is just letting use know he's moving his tentacles fast, it doesn't mean he's moving them faster than the stones that are moving near light speed.
I'm not saying his tentacles are equal to the speed of light.
I just think it's higher than Massively Hypersonic.

I'm not a calc member. But if you have a problem with relativistic+ you should probably make a new calc on why it doesn't work or consult a calc member about it. There's nothing saying relativistic+ is the upper limit.

I'm not a calc member. But if you have a problem with relativistic+ you should probably make a new calc on why it doesn't work or consult a calc member about it. There's nothing saying relativistic+ is the upper limit.
No, I'm not talking about attack speed. I'm talking about basic speed.
The attack speed is relativistic+ correct.

You mean combat speed? It's better to get a calc out of that instead of assuming Massively hypersonic, possibly higher.

You mean combat speed? It's better to get a calc out of that instead of assuming Massively hypersonic, possibly higher.
There's no way to quantify the afterimage, right? We can only assume that even though we have seen the events in the scene through a time-flow perspective that is slow enough to perceive the speed of light, it will be much faster than extremely hypersonic speeds, which are 80 times slower than the speed of light because he appears as an afterimage.

Last edited:
I don't see any indication of an afterimage there. It's just motion lines.
I don't know why you're assuming it's a motion line. There's no reason to divide the motion lines. The motion line is drawn in a way that connects the object that gives motion to the end of the line.

I See the attack speed of those tentacles are very close to lightspeed if it was stated it should be relativistic+
But this only scales to him, right?!
Cause Saitama is already FTL
& others doesnt actually scale to his attack speed

His tentacles are just being drawn to show motion, not an afterimage. This is like saying Garou created an afterimage when he went to scratch his hair at the end of his fight with Metal Bat.

I recall plenty of staff members having problems with the "Near lightspeed" statement.

His tentacles are just being drawn to show motion, not an afterimage. This is like saying Garou created an afterimage when he went to scratch his hair at the end of his fight with Metal Bat.
No, it's definitely different I don't know why you're referring to it In the case of motion lines, the images are not divided into several, they are continuous or depicted as a single image. As I said, in the case of motion, there should be no break, so it is drawn in a state that extends from the shape to be moved to the end of the motion line. In addition, if it is a technique that simply divides and explains the motion process several times, there is no reason to draw the previous image roughly or blurry with the motion line. If it just stopped in the middle, there is no reason to express it as a blurry shape consisting of only motion lines. It is correct to express an afterimage that the previous one looks blurry even though it has already passed the position. Why would it be described in a way that expresses the movement in several phases?

Reference
I am his friend, not his other account. The above is what we decided to discuss and propose through a chat.

Because he woke up too late, I remembered the account that I had forgotten which email I signed up for and logged in.

No, it's definitely different I don't know why you're referring to it In the case of motion lines, the images are not divided into several, they are continuous or depicted as a single image. As I said, in the case of motion, there should be no break, so it is drawn in a state that extends from the shape to be moved to the end of the motion line. In addition, if it is a technique that simply divides and explains the motion process several times, there is no reason to draw the previous image roughly or blurry with the motion line. If it just stopped in the middle, there is no reason to express it as a blurry shape consisting of only motion lines. It is correct to express an afterimage that the previous one looks blurry even though it has already passed the position. Why would it be described in a way that expresses the movement in several phases?

Reference
I am his friend, not his other account. The above is what we decided to discuss and propose through a chat.

Because he woke up too late, I remembered the account that I had forgotten which email I signed up for and logged in.
^

Rather, this scene is a more identical example. Murata depicts through multiple afterimages that Genos sees Saitama as an afterimage and saitama is fast enough to appear as an afterimage.
040.jpg

I agree with sekiro. Saying it's an after image is really a stretch and the image does not seem to depict that

So, Metal Bat’s bat in this image isn’t drawn with motion lines, and it’s an afterimage, according to you?

Geryuganshoop’s tentacles are not afterimaging. They are just being drawn with motion lines to show that an action HAS taken place and we are seeing the end of that movement action. It would be an afterimage if we actually saw double of those tentacles, but we do not.
I don't know why you keep saying the same thing. There is an example of what I said in the image you posted. In the scene, the motion line is drawn through the background and connected through another shape and another motion line from the object that gives the movement. This is not the same case as the scene of the Geryu. The scene of the Geryu is separated from the shape of the line giving motion, and there are no motion lines in the background, so the images are 'fully' separated into three images.

Last edited:
So, Metal Bat’s bat in this image isn’t drawn with motion lines, and it’s an afterimage, according to you?

Geryuganshoop’s tentacles are not afterimaging. They are just being drawn with motion lines to show that an action HAS taken place and we are seeing the end of that movement action. It would be an afterimage if we actually saw double of those tentacles, but we do not.
As you can see in the photo above, Murata's afterimage is blurred and the original image is clearly separated.

Prove there is an afterimage without using the words “motion lines” and “blur”.

As it stands, no afterimage is present. There are simply motion lines showing that Geryuganshoop’s tentacles HAVE moved and we are seeing the end of the movement action. I don’t need to say anything else because this is all that is needed to debunk this.

By the way, if he cannot perceive the Relativistic speed, I don't know how to get rid of the friction one by one along the path of the stone.

Considering we can literally see multiple Sonics standing in place in the exact position, something not present with Geryuganshoop, further proves that no afterimage is present in the Geryuganshoop scene. Thank you for proving my own argument.

Futhermore, Sonic is transparent, something not shared by Geryuganshoop’s tentacles. Further proving no afterimage is present.

Considering we can literally see multiple Sonics standing in place in the exact position, something not present with Geryuganshoop, further proves that no afterimage is present in the Geryuganshoop scene. Thank you for proving my own argument.

Futhermore, Sonic is transparent, something not shared by Geryuganshoop’s tentacles. Further proving no afterimage is present.
The scene of geryu also appeared in multiple locations precisely through the blank. I don't know what the hell did you prove what, invisible? Geryu also translucent. Anyway, I don't need to claim this anymore, so I will stop

Last edited:
Let me tell you a different opinion

As you can see in the scene

He started flying stones using telekinetic power through fast-moving gestures on his tentacles.

Spinning the stone is to accelerate it, so there is no reason to slow down or stop the stone in the middle.

The closer it is to the field of view, the more it is reasonable to say that the stone was turning farther in front.

Therefore, it accelerates to sub-light

Controlling that the rotating stone is fired only from the left side from a fairly uniform position

It means that he did not give all the stones the power to break through at the same time.

If they were emitted at the same time, the positions of the stones are very different, so each one should have been bent and fired from a very different positions.

In other words, he applied force to the stone that was not applying another force before the stone that first applied force that flew into the sublight reaches Saitama.

He was aware of where the stone had reached.

There is no depiction of straight winds before, because he doesnt intended to give him power to fly away if he reaches only that side in advance.

In other words, he did not give strength until before, but only gave strength when the stone came to the position.

His cognitive speed should be incredibly higher.

This is really lines of movement, but you can calculate that.
Is that so? In fact, I decided not to stick to the position of the afterimage claim anymore. I admit that the evidence is too poor to prove that it is an afterimage. Even if it was a motion line, his tentacles were depicted at quite high speed because they had a long motion line in one scene.

Back