• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what Kuro said I'd lean more to the fact that buddah statues don't work like bonfires in the lore and Wolf has infinite revives but I'm not sure considering there are several references to the statues from the sculptor and co.

Okay I'm just gonna say mde the battle location just completely SBA, so if Wolf needs a rez spot he has one. I've not actually played Sekiro so I know little bout it, except its pretty popular lately lol.

Schnee One said:
Should I make a thread on this?
Related to Wolf's Res I mean
Up to you. Frankly, games from FromSoft aren't going to have their lore translated by us. Literally the best option is waiting for Vaati who is (hate to use this word twice) literally a professional at finding/discussing/interpretting the lore. Including translations from half-kanjis and the like. If we get an update from him, then that will pretty much decide the matter.

@Dargoo (Forgive me for not outright replying, Garg's was shorter)

I mean. That doesn't make much sense. Even a lore-heavy game like Dark Souls (albeit vague lore) doesn't go into deeper depth on everything. Some things just do more damage without the lore saying anything. Some weapons are proven to function better with different ranges from the target. Wolf is acknowledged to resurrect as an immortal. How he is shown to do this on-screen should be enough without further information.

Kuro is referring to the revives in general. How many times have you died by then (if it's me, the answer is a lot).

Mr. Bambu said:
Wolf is acknowledged to resurrect as an immortal. How he is shown to do this on-screen should be enough without further information..
There are several ways he is shown to do it. Saying he can respawn entirely is a different beast than saying he ressurects on the spot.

I'm saying that they acknowledge his resurrection and that's how he's shown to do it. With no further lore on the subject, this is enough.

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm saying that they acknowledge his resurrection and that's how he's shown to do it. With no further lore on the subject, this is enough.
They acknowledge his resurrection and he is shown to do it in multiple ways.

One of which seems to be more tied to gameplay.

Which you have no basis for other than it being a respawn point, which we've established precedents for being canon for, has their "checkpoint" marker as being mentioned by the sculptor and made by him, etc etc.

I don't really see a point in ignoring it.

I fail to see how the checkpoints being made by a specific person signifies anything related to respawning an entire body.

To clarify: The Sculptor is implied to be literally just like you. You find him one-armed, aged, saving you before you gained your immortality. For some odd reason he has a shinobi prosthetic (later informs you he is, or was, a shinobi himself) who lost his own arm. You then take his place in one ending. It isn't a gap to say that the Sculptor was likely immortal once, too. What role these sculptures play in said immortality are unknown, only that they are indeed linked somehow.

Anttron224 said:
Seems like a lot of uncertain extrapolation rather than hard evidence.
Welcome to the entirety of Soulsborne, if you're new to the series.

Mr. Bambu said:
Anttron224 said:
Seems like a lot of uncertain extrapolation rather than hard evidence.
Welcome to the entirety of Soulsborne, if you're new to the series.
Not really? In regards to resurrection Bloodborne and Dark Souls explain their mechanics rather explicitly, although that may be because they're explored more thoroughly by the series and by analysts.

Regardless this strikes me as more of a theory than a solid explanation.

Alright, I can't find a link that tells it succinctly so I'll explain. Dark Souls isn't meant to have solid explanation. Asking for that entirely misses the point and if you're not a fan of using the most plausible conjecture and theories, don't interact with it.

The game was built with this mindset in mind. When Miyazaki (lead developer/president) was a child, he was (obviously) born in Japan to a relatively barebones-money family. Because of this, his family couldn't afford tons of books and manga so he'd read at the library and anywhere else he could get a book, meaning he'd often find books in other languages.

Miyazaki did something relatively famous here. Since his grasp on English was relatively limited, a lot of the words were things he wouldn't understand. So he'd fill in the gaps, explain the story himself. This is the philosophy intentionally used in these games. You're expected to substantiate some parts of the story with the most reasonable assumptions.

So here, having resurrection being canon, having people acknowledge the places you resurrect, by a person who is likely knowledgeable on resurrection, all seem like good enough. But hey, what would I know, eh? Kek.

I get Dark Souls isn't supposed to be direct. That's why I don't question Dark Souls resurrection because it's explained as the Darksign, and we only get one visual representation of it in-game with respawning.

In the case of Sekiro; you just know that he A) Resurrects and B) There's a weird connection between the Buddha Statues and people who resurrect. The Darksign, while its mechanics aren't explained clearly, does have clear-ingame explanations (and even out of game explanations with the trailers and QnA) as to how it resurrects the undead.

We don't have that for the Sekiro checkpoints; we just get the vague idea of "he resurrects", and in-game we have multiple ways this can be taken in.

I'm not saying "give me direct scans or get out of here bub"; I'm asking for information on Sekiro roughly equivalent to the previous standard we have for these games, Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Yes. But the point is, votes are being made on the premise Geralt kills, which is physically impossible.

>Geralt kills wolf

>he kills him again

>realizes that he can't kill him

>tries to use methods to kill him in a conventional way

>doesn't work

>just leaves wolf unconscious knocking him out

>Victory

If you ignore any reasonable effort on the part of the opponent, sure.

It isn't hard for someone to get used from something that happens oftenly

especially when we are talking about geralt

someone with nearly a century of sword fighting experience and a master of preperation

what are you talking about?

They said that since Wolf regens everytime he dies Geralt can get used to it quite quickly and find other means of dispatching him since he has decades of combat experience under his belt, whereas Wolf has barely a decade of experience considering he's in his mid 20s and its unlikely that he spent the first 10 years of his life fighting monsters and other warriors.

Okay so the first bit is still ignoring the fact that Wolf can do anything at all and his aforementioned skill feat

The second bit is that yes, he actually has been fighting since he was literally a child. If you watched the opening cutscene of the game you'd see him get taken in by Owl to train to be a shinobi. Literally all they ever do is train. Time =/= Skill but hey, at least I can clear that up.

Still 20 years of fighting isnt equal to more than 7 decades worth. Time = skill when you spend the entire time training, fighting and working, especially when you're a monster slayer and a mercenary.

No it isn't, not when Wolf has a better skill feat.

Not really, considering it was already stated above that warrior or fighter humans in the Witcher are 9-A in ap, but lack Geralt's skill

And Wolf's warriors were 9-A and Gyoubu beat tons of them.

Seriously power doesn't even mean anything here...

Geralt not only has a bigger arsenal and spells to use but his fighting techniques always adpat to what oppenet/monster he is fighting (even if the monster is physically superior to geralt)

when geralt defeats wolf and fights him again the round would be a lot easier for geralt knowing what type of opponent he is fighting

and wolf isn't something new either

as mentioned multiple time in this thread he has fought immortals and even witchers that are assassins (Basically more enhanced ninjas)

also important to mention, geralt and other witchers are trained since childhood

thier first training begins as early as 5 year old and going through trial of the grasses (where they become true witchers) at the age of at least 8 or 9

not to consider other trials they have to go through and if they fail only one they are doomed to die

seriously the only thing that is saving wolf is his immortality

1. It is.

2. "Bigger arsenal" doesn't equate to better arsenal. If we're on the subject, Wolf has better latent abilities- his Type 4 resurrection is considerably better than Geralt's Witcher senses, as an example. Furthermore, Wolf isn't some misc. monster from Witcher- so that isn't an argument, really.

3. If he does. Wolf's skill feat is still superior to Geralt's lifetime (especially when you consider Wolf does kill people like Owl with the same lifetime of experience, and again, time =/= skill) and with Wolf capable of one-shotting with a Deathblow, this might be a bit different than you envision it in your head.

4. "more enhanced ninjas" lol

5. Irrelevant with Wolf's superior skill feat, but for the record, so was Owl and Butterfly. Didn't save them.

6. Seriously, the only thing keeping Wolf down is the fact that you aren't accounting for what he has.

I'm not. Mindhax is the only reason I wouldn't outright call this in Wolf's favor (you're forgetting I'm voting Incon). Geralt has one move that can reasonably incap Wolf that he would go for in-character in the form of mindhax signs. His senses are arguably superior to Wolf's stealth, his skill isn't harshly outdone and his experience with resurrection users means that if he's noted Wolf reviving then he could seek alternative methods.

I'd also like to put forward the fact that Axii isn't permanent. It lasts like... seconds, if I recall. It could allow Geralt to incap. But he isn't assured to lead with it, nor does it guarantee success with mindhax gg. Every vote ignores this.

Axii lasts forever though. It lasting seconds during combat is clearly gameplay mechanics since when used during cutscenes, it doesn't show any signs (xd) of wearing off.

Mr. Bambu said:
1. It is.
2. "Bigger arsenal" doesn't equate to better arsenal. If we're on the subject, Wolf has better latent abilities- his Type 4 resurrection is considerably better than Geralt's Witcher senses, as an example. Furthermore, Wolf isn't some misc. monster from Witcher- so that isn't an argument, really.

3. If he does. Wolf's skill feat is still superior to Geralt's lifetime (especially when you consider Wolf does kill people like Owl with the same lifetime of experience, and again, time =/= skill) and with Wolf capable of one-shotting with a Deathblow, this might be a bit different than you envision it in your head.

4. "more enhanced ninjas" lol

5. Irrelevant with Wolf's superior skill feat, but for the record, so was Owl and Butterfly. Didn't save them.

6. Seriously, the only thing keeping Wolf down is the fact that you aren't accounting for what he has.
>It is

Umm you do realize that wolf doesn't outright just fight with everyone

majority of the time he just parries and makes the opponent lose his guard and hits them in a ciritcal area of the body which makes an instant win for wolf sometimes

Unlike geralt who fights with some opponenets that are outright suprior to him in terms of Raw power

And you just proved me that you aren't the wised when it comes to the witcher franchise

so to just let you know he he has potions that can make him faster, stronger, and more durable plus pain tolerance and faster Regenerationn (these are just a few examples)

Twelve types of bombs with each unqiue types of effects (freezing, blinding, exploding, and burning oponents)

oils that he can cover his blades to make his blades a lot more deadly than they already are

signs that can help geralt even if all of his other items are used

what...

I mean type 4 immortality is good but it doesn't apply in battle (the only usefulness it has it's when wolf dies) unlike geralts witcher senses which can be quiet useful in battle and again you're ignoring that geralt can use his signs which are more useful than most of wolf's prosthetic arm upgrades and his skills

what i was saying is that geralt can be quick to adapt to his opponents techniques and that also goes for humanoids because you see geralt didn't only fight some unexpernced soldiers with a sword

he has fought mages, the wild hunt, elves, and even a black hole creating lizard-man

i could go on and on with these examples

>If he does. Wolf's skill feat is still superior to Geralt's lifetime

W-What the hell are you even talking about

Geralt is proclaimed best swordsman in the damn franchise

he trained by one the oldest and most experienced witcher to have ever lived since childhood

he has worth nearly a century of fighting beasts, humans, non-humans, demons, djins, mages, assassins, etc.

how is that inferior to wolf's skill?

and deathblow is literally negated by the fact of there being a sign called quen...

To explain shortly quen is a shield that protects geralt from every type of attack, if he wants he can create even a more durable quen shield which is capable of tanking a meteorite and even make the shield explode if it's hit by anything

well that is the closest thing they resemble really so i used that term...

as said geralt was trained by the most skilled witcher at that time so it isn't irrelevant

Literally the only thing that is saving wolf is his type 4 immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back