• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Btw, Northern Wind has a huge AoE considering the one Letho threw in the Witcher 2 intro. Geralt can throw and activate Quen at the same time and Tanjirou gets frozen solid.

My vote goes to Geralt if I hadn't voted before. The glyph combo seems enough to me that he can overwhelm Tanjirou before things get dicey.

Try both right now and see by yourself. Especially since the breathing Demon Slayers do isn't some quick and done gulp of air like they are trying to suck air as fast as they can.

???

You see Tanjirou clearly say "Water Breathing" right before the three demons appear, he still has no time as they get close to catch him, and only uses it after he jumps back and calms down.

Geralt doesn't need to move his hand nearly as much as they did and they are starting 10 meters apart.

Tanjirou is for sure not blitzing.

Manga is read from right to left; so Tanjiro can use his breathing pretty fast while dodging and intercepting hypersonic opponents.

If the best argument for Geralt is: "if he has full knowledge on his opponent (a human teenager with a sword), he is going to turtle up as soon possible, and if he is lucky to survive getting blitzed maybe he successfully prolongs the fight", this is a means Geralt is losing.

So did people ignore my comment?

How the hell does kamados speed amp make him go from transonic to high hypersonic

In the manga he is shown to begin with being little quicker when he fights another character who is in his speed level

Unless the speed rule doesn't apply to the amp which wouldn't make sense because we are basically having an unfair speed match

I think we're only allowed to use multipliers for the speed amps if speed is equalized. What's Tanjirou's multiplier?

GribbleTheTrashMan said:
So did people ignore my comment?
How the hell does kamados speed amp make him go from transonic to high hypersonic

In the manga he is shown to begin with being little quicker when he fights another character who is in his speed level

Unless the speed rule doesn't apply to the amp which wouldn't make sense because we are basically having an unfair speed match
What you have shown is Tanjiro's second amp (yes, he has two in this match). "little quicker" actually indicates that Tanjiro's second amp is continously increasing his speed after the massive initial boost.

She blitzed Tanjiro without his amp. After Tanjiro activated his first amp (dance of the fire god) he thought he is now able to blitz her, but it turns out that Tanjiro's speed is still too low and is making her bored, and later she decided to leave and moved too fast for Tanjiro's Perception (and Tanjiro has very good senses).

So yeah... the multiplier is massive. And Tanjiro opens up with his first amp.

And there's that wall-busting feat from Dettlaff I haven't gotten to yet.

Geralt is really careful tho. Once Tanjirou gets caught in Yrden there's no escape. Geralt could sit there and spam Yrden, if Tanjirou tries to attack him he gets slowed down.

Dettlaff seems to be superior to Geralt in some regards. But Geralt's battle experience allowed him to beat him.

1- Assumes Geralt would be extremely defensive against a teenage swordsman without knowledge/prep.

2- Assumes Geralt would be able to percieve that Tanjiro got a speed amp, and would be able to make Yrden.

3- Assumes Yrden is an inescapable trap (pre-patched game allowed Yrden to completly freeze enemies if its intesity is high enough, but this was deemed a bug and Yrden got capped at 42% slowdown).

4- Assumes that half the speed of the amp is somehow not enough to blitz Geralt, when the amp made Tanjiro faster than an attack he couldn't percieve with his supernatural senses.

Idk if you know, but they are in a fight and both see themselves as opponents. Seriously. Why wouldn't Geralt start with casting Yrden or Quen against someone he knows nothing about? Tanjirou doesn't have knowledge either and he knows absolutely nothing about Geralt. Wouldn't Tanji just first stand there and try to analyze everything he can before he makes his first move? Geralt could just in case cast Quen or Yrden because he knows nothing either. Would Tanji really straight up charge at his opponent without analyzing what can he do?

He analyzes with smell, whilst he fights. He doesn't just stand there, why would ANYONE do that? Tanjirou can also tell Geralt's intent, and physiology via smell, so he will know something off the bat.

I mean. Maybe not stand, I wrote that wrong way. But walk around him (like most fighters do in fiction, including Tanjirou himself I guess?), see the surrounding terrain to find advantage etc. I'm currently still reading KnY, so does Tanjirou straight up amp and charge at opponent? Is the amp thought based?

The amp, again, is literally him just breathing. Yes, he does charge at their opponent. As he does this, he analyzes their weaknesses. Analyzing their fighting style comes mid-match/if he's heavily overwhelmed.

I'll write to some Witcher supporters to help there, I only finished all games few times and read Lady of the Lake

Tanjirou's social influcing should have also been in this key, so it's possible he could have just subdued Geralt with the innocence of his eyes. He also has Afterimage Creation, too.

That's... cool and all, but even Post-Rehab Tanjirou was able to influence a dying demon that had lived in poverty with no parents, faced discrimination just for being... unattractive, had his sister burnt to a crisp, that there was still some kindness in him. This is also the demon that gave him poison manip resistance.

Back