• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Plus I still have that big wall feat by Dettlaff calc'd once I get proper pictures of it.

Aard should work. Cold harsh enough to instantly freeze a whole person is way worse than anything we have seen the Demon Hunting Corps uniform deal with, or possibly made to deal with.

Don't think oil is applicable without prep, and the limited healing potions are less effective with regen nullification.

Piercing Cold has a 25% chance of freezing, and the corp uniforms were able to withstand Doma's superior insta-freeze wind/fog, which is so cold that breathing it is enough to kill. Tanjiro should be able to sense Aard (he was able to sense the Drum demon's invisible sound claws attacks) and will be more prepared for it after seeing it once, in addition he will be able to withstand with no problem if it managed to hit.

Reminder that Tanjiro's extended melee range and AP are able to nullify Aard's low kinetic force; for example pre-rehab training Tanjiro is able to perform a spinning slash that creates a cutting whirlwind/whirpool around his body, and he can do this even while submerged in swamp water.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Don't think oil is applicable without prep, and the limited healing potions are less effective with regen nullification.
Piercing Cold has a 25% chance of freezing, and the corp uniforms were able to withstand Doma's superior insta-freeze wind/fog, which is so cold that breathing it is enough to kill. Tanjiro should be able to sense Aard (he was able to sense the Drum demon's invisible sound claws attacks) and will be more prepared for it after seeing it once, in addition he will be able to withstand with no problem if it managed to hit.

Reminder that Tanjiro's extended melee range and AP are able to nullify Aard's low kinetic force; for example pre-rehab training Tanjiro is able to perform a spinning slash that creates a cutting whirlwind/whirpool around his body, and he can do this even while submerged in swamp water.
There's a lot wrong with this

Firstly yes oils do indeed take prep but potions don't, witchers have potions at their disposal at all times and there aren't only healing potions

There are potions that amplify the witchers physical abilities or even amplify their magical abilities

Geralt can still do this and freezing someone instantly and killing someone from the cold environmental are two different things

and you are assuming that geralt would only use aard while geralt has like several other options to use, like Northern Wind which basically freezes anything in 10 yards of distance and geralt can throw it... quite accurately

Alternative Yrdn still has a longer range so do the geralts bombs that geralt throws

A side note: People tend to ignore a characters skill level because they assume it doesn't matter much

It Matters , Geralt in this instance has fought literally for his entire life (being close to a century now) and he has been outclassed countless times albeit in power, speed, range, skill, etc.

Geralt isn't a amateur he is a skilled fighter that has encountered countless enemies

Douma unleashes casual winds so powerful it can tear ones lungs to shreds, and that statement came from a Hashira, one of the top tiers in the verse. Keep in mind, it also caused the lungs to necrose.

Regardless, Tanjirou has dealt with cold weather since BoS, and climbed up a mountain filled with traps and low air, WITHOUT a uniform. Safe to say that freezing technique isn't doing anything of significance to him whatsoever. Highly doubt Geralt will be healing anything when Tanjirou is literally starting with Regen Negging strikes far above anything Geralt's regen can cover, with a perpetual burning sensation.

Are Geralt's senses as good as Tanjirou? Can he smell intent? The location of attacks which he can't see? The weaknesses of his opponent? An open fatal strike he can exploit? Tanjirou resists poison.

Tanjirou can take punishment, and resists pain to begin with, so I'm doubting Quen will be able to stay up for as long as possible. Also, it doesn't seem possible, so. As I said earlier, Tanjirou has multiple speed buffs, him using Dance of the Fire God (his first move) boosts his speed. As such, I doubt he'll be getting it up before Tanjirou can hit him. Hypersonic speed buffs>Transonic speed buffs.

"Douma unleashes casual winds so powerful it can tear ones lungs to shreds, and that statement came from a Hashira, one of the top tiers in the verse. Keep in mind, it also caused the lungs to necrose."

I don't know what you're trying to explain here

yes i get the point it can gestroy your lungs but it hasn't anything to do with freezing a entire human

"Regardless, Tanjirou has dealt with cold weather since BoS, and climbed up a mountain filled with traps and low air, WITHOUT a uniform. Safe to say that freezing technique isn't doing anything of significance to him whatsoever. Highly doubt Geralt will be healing anything when Tanjirou is literally starting with Regen Negging strikes far above anything Geralt's regen can cover, with a perpetual burning sensation."

You don't actually know how freezing even works

(Geralt has also climbed a mountain that was freezing cold and he even fought a manitcore)

But when you freeze something instantly that is different from just resisting something that gets you cold over time you can even adapt to it

"Are Geralt's senses as good as Tanjirou? Can he smell intent? The location of attacks which he can't see? The weaknesses of his opponent? An open fatal strike he can exploit? Tanjirou resists poison."

Geralt can see in absolute darkness, Detect Higher Vampires, Sense heartbeats from miles away, and smell things that happened years ago, Geralt is literally the best swordsmen in his entire verse, See this, and geralt is immune to any posion

"Tanjirou can take punishment, and resists pain to begin with, so I'm doubting Quen will be able to stay up for as long as possible. Also, it doesn't seem possible, so. As I said earlier, Tanjirou has multiple speed buffs, him using Dance of the Fire God (his first move) boosts his speed. As such, I doubt he'll be getting it up before Tanjirou can hit him. Hypersonic speed buffs>Transonic speed buffs."

Geralt can tank attacks from lighting, Quen can tank a mini meteor

Witchers in general are immune to pai, and if we are being honest geralt fought a literal living cloud that could shoot lighting and he could dodge these lighting bolts

Let's make one thing clear - Geralt's regen is hardly combat applicable. He can regenerate his limbs but IIRC, it takes a really long time. Regen negation doesn't mean much when your opponent doesn't regenerate in battle. He can regenerate his stamina and life-force in battle, that's it.

Geralt heals himself when someone hits Quen. During Quen, there's no way regen negating attacks are going to reach him. While casting it he's untouchable for a while. Maxed Yrden is really ranged and Tanjirou would have incredibly hard time to dodge it. And also it's not like he can enter Yrden while Geralt is in it, anyone who enters it is slowed down and attacked by poisoning and lightning bolts. Not mentioning potions, Thunderbolt (I don't like english names, really) increases his attack power by 35%. And I'm talking about potions Geralt always has, not those like Raffard's Decoction et cetera.

Also yeah, as Gribble said. Geralt is slower, but he literally can dodge lightning. Witcher senses are incredibly good in battle and he can keep up with faster opponents, like Dettlaff, Eredin, Caranthir, djinns, Vilgefortz, and even if I remember correctly he can follow Ciri's moves, and she also can easily teleport.

Doma's winds aren't "it is bad for your lungs to stay in this cool air for a few minutes", it is "breathing a tiny amount of it is enough to instantly freeze your lungs".

Doma freeze
Also, the Northern Wind bombs Geralt has in Witcher 3 have significantly inferior range (the upgrades don't even add to the range, or the addition is tiny).

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Doma's winds aren't "it is bad for your lungs to stay in this cool air for a few minutes", it is "breathing a tiny amount of it is enough to instantly freeze your lungs".
Doma freeze
Also, the Northern Wind bombs Geralt has in Witcher 3 have significantly inferior range (the upgrades don't even add to the range, or the addition is tiny).
Geralts Aard and Nothern Wind can freeze the ENTIRE BODY

Lung are really easy to be damaged by literally any element

Freezing the entire body > Freeing the Lungs

Also i did mention nothern wind has a good range but what makes it more effect than aard is that it's throwable

Everything that ShadowWhoWalks said already reiterated what I said. I didn't mean just cold, I mean freezing to death. Considering Douma's entire gimmick is ICE MANIPULATION, I'm certain I know what freezing actually is.

That's pretty good, but it doesn't seem to compare to Tanjirou. Darkness isn't as good as seeing, or rather smelling the location and attacks of someone before they happen. Immunity to poison is an NLF without evidence, Tanjirou doesn't even use poison, so cool?

You didn't read what I said. Quen isn't passive, he needs to make a sign. Tanjirou starts with a speed amp that far exceeds Geralt's, so good luck getting that off.

Eh? Geralt was never fully immune to poison, I mean, the poison bar in Witcher 3 exists for a reason and so does his weakness.

Geralt isn't immune to poison, overdosing potions actually leads him to poisoning himself and dying

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
You didn't read what I said. Quen isn't passive, he needs to make a sign. Tanjirou starts with a speed amp that far exceeds Geralt's, so good luck getting that off.
He was capable of dodging Djinn's lightning and using it, (lightning by default should be MHS) and Quen sign drawing is quite fast. Like, that doesn't even take one second and the barrier is already there. Also Tanji can't one-shot so that wouldn't interrupt sign drawing, even if he hits Geralt.

And whatever gets submerged in Doma's winds/fog gets entirely frozen; Doma can create and manipulate giant ice objects by the way. The wind barely touched Kanao while she was likely dodging in MHS speed, yet she said that her eyeballs would've been frozen if she didn't close her eyes in time. This is superior freezing capabilities than Piercing Cold which has a 20% chance of freezing and doesn't freeze kill instantly, so the uniform should provides adequate protection.

I don't know why lightning is getting brought up. Speed is equalizied so it doesn't matter, unless base Geralt was amped by something in his standard equipment during that segment (in contrast, Tanjiro can massively amp his speed). This wouldn't be a good argument for MHS Geralt if speed wasn't equalized either; it would be a massive outlier and nothing narratively indicates that Geralt dodged lightning attacks after they were used (the attacks are telegraphed in gameplay to allow getting out of the way or blocking), also tanking lightning isn't impressive durability without context since normal humans can survive lightning strikes.

Wait a sec, can we discuss this for a moment
If you guys are stating that kamados amp speed is Hypersonic to High Hypersonic and his base speed is from hypersonic to high hyperso-...

Wait would that be considered cheating? i mean we a literally using the same kamado without the speed debuff

I mean for you to be able to blitz someone you need to be able appear as blurr to your opponent which doesn't mean to jump several machs

But if the speed rule doesn't apply to the speed amp then i don't know what's the point of this thread outside of being a stomp

Would it work on Tanjirou though? He has some good ass willpower. But I don't know if he has enough to resist Aksji

Willpower and mindhax aren't exactly related unless there's feats of resisting mindhax via sheer willpower.

Also, on an unrelated note, how does Tanjirou get resistance to air manip from training on some tall mountain with sparse air? Also, how does surviving in a bog give confusion resistance? I don't get it.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
The effectiveness of Axii Sign depends on willpower. The Witcher 3 guidebook states:
Axii can also be used in conversations with other characters in some cases, though some people are strong willed and can resist it. Avoid this by investing Ability Points in the Delusion ability. This opens new options and possibly resolves a matter more peacefully, if not just making the ensuing fight easier with one threat temporarily removed.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Willpower and mindhax aren't exactly related unless there's feats of resisting mindhax via sheer willpower.
Also, on an unrelated note, how does Tanjirou get resistance to air manip from training on some tall mountain with sparse air? Also, how does surviving in a bog give confusion resistance? I don't get it.
The air manipulation was rejected, not sure why it's back. Confusion stems from descending down a mountain and it's surely nauseating effects.

Even I was confused as to how on Earth that was resistance to Air Manip. At best that's just Enhanced Lung Capacity.

GribbleTheTrash said:
The only time axii hasn't worked was when it was used on really powerful beings or powerful mages who can counter the sig
Except when you are playing New Game+ and level 100 bandits shrug it off.

Geralt's mindhax is explicitly conditioned on the target not having strong willpower, so we can't really say they are not related. An example of Tanjiro's willpower and an analogy is his sleep manipulation resistance feat.

Spoiler for upcoming movie
(chapter 56) Tanjiro was constantly hypnotized with a demon's magic ability to go to sleep and experience a nightmare, but Tanjiro kept instantly recognizing that it is a dream and escaping by committing suicide in the dream world at a rate where the demon thought his ability isn't working.
Also, rules states that faster characters in speed equalized matches are allowed to blitz with speed amps, so this is a clear path of victory for Tanjiro.

Welp, then he gets caught in Yrden if he charges at Geralt, gets to know about speed amp and fights carefully. Tanji can't one shot anyway.

His speed amp doesn't matter when he's caught in Yrden and attacked by Geralt amped with Blizzard anyway, he gets slowed down. And if he gets caught, which I think can happen because maxed Yrden is long ranged, Geralt can also cast Quen and defend from his attacks, while also reflecting Tanji's attack back at him every time he strikes the barrier. That's what Geralt starts with, too.

Also yeah, if Geralt casts Yrden short before Tanji charges, if he enters it he also gets slowed down.

BTW Sorry if I seem to be biased or something. I just like participating in a debate and I know Geralt more than Tanjirou.

And is speed amp thought based? Because Geralt without knowledge will straight up use Quen and Yrden after seeing him as opponent.

Back