• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geralt Speed Upgrade

LephyrTheRevanchist

VS Battles
Retired
So I was talking with some friends about The Witcher, and it came to our attention that Geralt can fight and dodge a Djinn that can launch lightning. Not only that, but the Djinn is a literal cloud, so... MHS+ Geralt?

Here's the video. Now, I know next to nothing about The Witcher, so if this isn't legit, I can understand. But from the video, it is quite clear to me that Geralt is a bit faster than Subsonic.

Outlier or game mechanic, during the cutscenes of the blood and wine he couldn't even see a hypersonic vampire move from the ceiling to behind himself..

Dank Sinatre said:
Outlier or game mechanic, during the cutscenes of the blood and wine he couldn't even see a hypersonic vampire move from the ceiling to behind himself..
How is said vampire Hypersonic?

If I remember correctly witchers are low superhuman. In short distances they are a blur to regular humans, they fight superhuman monsters, but they are still something a very, very skilled human can fight. I think there was a guy who hunted them in game. Now, Geralt is the best witcher and obviously superior to nameless background witchers, but the game would have to buff him to ridiculous levels in what's very likely an outlier anyway, because from what little I remember in the books and the first game Geralt is consistently just an arrow deflecter. Those are Subsonic reactions (don't know why the page uses what's clearly a reaction speed for his regular speed). In one of the later books I think he even struggles at one point to deflect a few consecutive arrows, which leaves everyone baffled. He admits it's the first time he does something like that and it's not something he's sure he could replicate.

This is of course, just vague memories from reading the books so I might be completely wrong. It's been years since I read them and I barely remember them.

How is said vampire Hypersonic?

Just a guess, the unseen elder moves so fast that Geralt didn't even know he had moved until he was behind Geralt, he could be supersonic or hypersonic.

@Dank

That would just make him subsonic scaling from Geralt.

@Lazy

Now that is a good reason. Thanks for clearing that. So, maybe what he did when fighting the Djinn was aim dodging, tho' the gameplay shows that is on par. But of course, that is just gameplay.

Back