• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geralt of Rivia vs The Predator: The Clash of Hunters

The Predator
There will be three rounds that will have some set constants between them.
Geralt Hunter
Geralt have grand mastercrafted witcher armor, swords fully upgraded with runes, mastercrafted witcher crossbow along with a normal stock of bombs, speical bolts, potions and traps. He has full use of his Sign alternates such as Quen's bubble shield and Igni's fire stream.

The Predator involved in this Vs will be a Blooded Hunter which is a mid-ranked Predator. He will keep most of his standard gear except for predator mines, whip and plasama pistol.

Speed for both characters will be equalized for balancing reasons.

Round One - Chance Encounter: Random encounter between the two within the swamps of Velen. Neither has knowledge of the other's weapons, skills or capabilities. The Predator will follow it's code of honor, limiting it's use of the plasmacaster, favoring melee or non-energy based ranged attacks. Victory achived by killing the other or forcing other to flee the region.

Round Two - The Hunt: Both characters are actively hunting each other within a mountainous woodland island on Skellige. Both know each other's capabilites and choice of weapons. Both start on oppisate sides of the island, giving them time to either track or prepare for a defense. Battle is to the death.

Round Three - The Duel: Both characters are pitted in a open gladiator arena. Geralt is armed only with his two swords, armor and Signs. The Predator has it's combat armor and biomask along with a choice of one of it's melee weapons and a Smart Disc. Both know each others capabilities. Battle is to the death.

So who will win? Please visit both character pages and review. Don't judge wholely off their stats alone and consider how the movies depict then Predators over the comics.

Predator

Geralt of Rivia

Do we even have any film depictions of a Blooded Yautja Hunter?

Also, you're going to want to equalize speed. Predator blitzes Geralt pretty hard, and even the slightest speed advantage would mean that he's more likely to one-shot than vice-versa.

@MrKingOfNegativity The Predator from the very first movie is considered a bloodied Yautja hunter. He's a good example to base off for this fight. Also good point to make equalizing speed but again I feel that Stat comes more from the comics and more elite Yautja hunters.

I haven't seen the first movie in a while, but I thought that Yautja in particular was young. Blooded, maybe, but still.

Also, that's what we use for the Yautja's speed ranking. I get what you're saying about the comics VS the films, but we can't really go by anything else unless a revision thread is made to change the profile.

I feel that the overall profile for both the Yautja and xenomorph is too universal. While both aliens are easily stronger and faster then humans, Yautja are still different Stat wise on an individual level. I doubt a unbloodied Yautja has the same strength or speed of a elder or Blooded one.

Maybe the Wiki profile should be reworked to more clearly clarify on the different Predator ranks or individuals with different movies, games or comics

I mean, if you wanna go for it, then sure. Doing so might be worthwhile in the end, but it'd take a rather long time to perform the revision unless you've got access to every feat in the franchise already.

I always assume the profile was just based on the Yautja as shown at their peaks of performance.

I have taken the time to double check the feats which all match up, just most of them happen within the comics which are pretty old from their conception. I'd be up to trying to update the profile such as take on account Yautja ranks, fix links to their weapons and expand on listed gear.

How can I get permission to do an update? I'm still new after all.

If you want to perform the changes, make a thread detailing everything you want to do and post it in the Content Revision forum. You may end up having to bump it once or twice in order for it to be noticed by someone important, but if you do that, you should eventually get a response in regards to what you can do.

Back