• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Hunter doesn't resist Mind Manip though.

He doesnt? Weird, he should, there are multiple enemies in the game who use mind manip both in game and in lore, he definitely has mind manip resistance

M3X said:
Weekly why do you always use an abilitie that the character doesn't have as an argument?
I dont, vs threads just help me find missing or inaccurate things about profiles so i can update them

So, what was this mindhax feat? I've played through BB multiple times, and the closest thing I remember to this is many instances of Type 3 Madness Manip (which isn't regarded as Mind Manip).

For starters the Hunter regularly etches Caryll Runes into their own mind without any ill side effects

The Hunter is also unaffected by the mind controlling powers of the Bell Ringing Woman who controls the One Reborn, which is an amalgamation of an entire city's worth of people into one being

The Hunter was also unaffected by the mind control of the Paleblood Child in the comics

iirc Eileen the Crow has a mind resistance feat in the comics as well

WeeklyBattles said:
For starters the Hunter regularly etches Caryll Runes into their own mind without any ill side effects
The Hunter is also unaffected by the mind controlling powers of the Bell Ringing Woman who controls the One Reborn, which is an amalgamation of an entire city's worth of people into one being
Can you give me scans because it's really easy to give them because everything is written down in item descriptions

Yeah... Since one guy but multiple bodies is easy to control (idk if that's even mindhax, it may as well be corruption or something) and the rest of it seems to be like mindhax on 1 man. Geralt is superior to like 6 men mindhax, since he could calm himself with Axii in Tower of the Swallow and as a Witcher resistant to mindhax of Philippa who can mindhax like 6 men at once

@Spooky Thats how we treat mind hax potency, a city's worth of people being mindhaxxed is superior to 6

WeeklyBattles said:
The Hunter was also unaffected by the mind control of the Paleblood Child in the comics

iirc Eileen the Crow has a mind resistance feat in the comics as well
The tie-in comics were made by Titan Comics and, while permitted by FromSoftware, as far as I'm aware were made without FromSoftware's interference and largely went under the author's interpretations. There's no way we can consider them canon.

So I gotta ask, I know Geralt is defo the sort to just mindhax someone and tell them to go away. Is that gonna cut it for this case and Hunter loses via self BFR? What's the amount of time needed for a win via BFR again?

Just for more elaboration, no, Geralt in-battle doesn't mind-hax right off the bat, only if it's last resort or something. There are many explanations on the profile

Hunter's key instinct is to use his gun to parry Geralt's strikes and not actively fire it to deal damage, making it unlikely for Geralt to activate Quen and become stunned. How will this be handled? As this will happen within the first 10 seconds of the fight.

Back