• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Good Hunter VS Geralt of Rivia

Witcher 3 defeated Bloodborne in the GOTY's reward, but will the Hunter be able to take his revenge or will he once more lose against Geralt of Rivia

Post Blood and Wine geralt is being used and The beginning of the game hunter is being used for the hunter (Both High 8-C)

Speed is equalized

The Hunter gets his Early Game Weapons, Equipments, and Consumables

Geralt gets his Potions, Decoctions, and Bombs

Battle takes place in Yharnam

They both start from a distance of 10 meters

The Hunter:

Geralt of Rivia: 3

Battle Music

Aight, right off the top, what does Geralt do about the Hunter's Type 8 Immortality? Does Geralt need to incap to win? Or do we assume the basically bonfires to be far away enough that it'd just self-BFR the Hunter?

He has to incap but that's kinda super hard considering the Hunter's multiple methods of bypassing incap

The Hunter resists mindhax on a pretty good scale and unless Geralt's freezing prevents thinking and cant just be broken out of that wont really do much

It seems he has resistance to Type 3 Madness Manip, which as far as I'm aware isn't inherently considered Mind Manip (unlike Type 2). They honestly seem like they should both give it, but it's clear only Type 2 does. So the Hunter doesn't resist typical mindhax, as far as I can tell.

Remind me again, what does High 8-C Hunter have in his kit?

Despite speed is equalized, Geralt can use Yrden or Heliotrope (it's even more powerful than Yrden) to slow him down effectively, and use Blizzard potion to increase dramatically his reflexes, indeed he could see Hunter in slow motion. Heliotrope+Axii+Blizzard is a lethal mix here.

Early Game Hunter doesn't really have much going for him in terms of hax, so Geralt may very well take this.

But Geralt wouldn't start with Axii, that's obvious. The fight would last til Geralt figures that Hunter is immortal and can't kill him in any way. Then I can see Geralt using Axii to tell Hunter "Go away" or "Kill himself" if Hunter is capable of doing so.

Geralt for my reasons.

Not to mention he can always shield himself and reflect Hunter's attacks, even the most powerful ones, against him with Quen..So, my vote go to Geralt.

I mean Mind Manipulation is one wincon for Geralt but the real question is can Hunter do anything before Geralt uses his Mind Manipulation.

I was under the impression that Axii isn't a permanent Mind Hax and wears off overtime or when Geralt attacks. So Hunter could just come back either when it wears off or when Geralt hits him. Also can't it be broken by strong willpower?

Axii being permanent or not doesn't matter, because it is a mind control. If Geralt say "Go away" then the target will do that and never come back. I suppose you saw this on his profile, the way Axii is potrayed in game is different from the lore/cutscenes, in another words, game mechanics.

The gif shows Axii in fight, not in cutscenes. There are two applications of the mindhax and one is that on the gif and one is giving command that the target does

It's game mechanics. Look at it this way, if in gameplay you could ACTUALLY give someone commands so your enemy can go **** himself, it would be a little bit overpowered.

For example, Lambert, other Witcher from the Wolf School (And Geralt's friend) once used Axii so his opponent could kill his friend and then himself, that would be too OP in the gameplay so obviously it's not available in battle.

In Witcher 2 in gameplay tho, you can actually make your opponent fight for you. And yeah, it was lil OP but was quite nerfed

Back