• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This bard's tale begins in the frontier, with my dear friend Geralt of Rivia being approached by a weeping old man, offering the him a contract. The contract was simple. The Vampire, Baron Mayerling, had kidnapped the old man's daughter. Geralt was to hunt down the Baron, and retrieve his lost child if possible.

Geralt has prior knowledge of Mayerling and gets 4 days of prep time. Mayerling's Nobility Forcefield is restricted. Speed is equalized. Battle takes place within a decrepit castle.

Geralt:

Mayerling:

Geralt chooses the lesser evil:

Look at Geralt's list of abilities, and now look Mayerling list. Geralt much more ways to finish the fight with some hax

SpookyShadow said:
The guy can shrug off anything Geralt can throw at him and resist his hax completely
1. Low-Godly gets negged if you specifically target the heart or use Holy Based attacks. Geralt should know this.

2. Vampire Oils and Mayerling doesn't resist Attack Reflection. Quen could be useful here. Mayerling also doesn't resist Yrden.

Geralt with prep is something in another level when it comes to fighting with basically anything

Now mayerling profile in it's own is really pathetic when it comes to hax but what makes mayerling so powerful is his Noble Physiology

Tho some of the abilities are either outright countered or are nothing new to geralt

The only thing that might be really good against geralt is Precognition which is apperantly done through math (i don't know how) but it isn't stated if it's battle appliacble or not

Tho the prep given to geralt is what makes this fight really easy to judge

I mean geralt can cover himself in corsses and garlic and make his sword wet with water and coincidentally geralt's most used finisher is striking his sword through his opponents hearts

Examples: here, here, here, and here

Geralt's knowledge on vampires will not help him here, since Mayerling's weaknesses and Dettlaff/Regis weaknesses are completely different

He would be prepared to fight a vampire like them, but then nothing will work on Mayerling, and yes his Precognition is Combat applicable, literally any movement will be predicted

What I see happening here is Geralt being prepared to fight someone like Dettlaff, however his plan will fail since Mayerling is totally different

Then, he induces Paralysis and Sleep with his gaze and then the end of Geralt

It isn't a stomp, but pretty decisive for Mayerling here

EDIT

WAAAAAAAAIT, Geralt has prior knowledge, okay then things change, I need to know what Geralt knows about Mayerling

Dante Demon Killah said:
What I see happening here is Geralt being prepared to fight someone like Dettlaff, however his plan will fail since Mayerling is totally different
Then, he induces Paralysis and Sleep with his gaze and then the end of Geralt

It isn't a stomp, but pretty decisive for Mayerling here

EDIT

WAAAAAAAAIT, Geralt has prior knowledge, okay then things change, I need to know what Geralt knows about Mayerling
Geralt would know Mayerling's strengths and weaknesses as a noble

In Witcher vampires and overall monsters are always weak to silver, however these guys are different type of vampires (as I see these Nobles are weak to sunlight and garlic like stereotypical ones, unlike Witcher vampires)

Well, with prep and knowledge, Geralt does have a chance here, however I still see Mayerling winning

Geralt's never going to make a surprise attack in Mayerling's heart since he has Enhanced Senses, but most of all, he doesn't have an right answer against Mayerling's Shapeshifting, which gives him many types of Elemental Intangibility which Yrden doesn't deal with (it only forces spirits to become tangible, which means base Intangibility, the Elemental one is different)

A face to face fight is also dangerous since Mayerling will predict every single movement via math

And since Geralt doesn't resist Paralysis, Fear and Sleep Hax, which are in character abilities for nobles, I don't think he wins here. Mayerling does have more chances

>Analytical Predictio: The Nobility are capable of predicting fate with 100% accuracy through mathematics.

Geralt can't hit him in close quarter combat, and Yrden is pretty much a close range attack.

Resists Aard Piercing Cold, Igni, Aksji, Somne, Yrden poison and bombs mindhax

Silver sword allows him to hurt stronger opponents, but it will not one-shot an opponent.

Quen reflects attacks, but he can definitely survive 50% of power of his own hit and will not hit a Low 7-C barrier again (it's not eternal anyway). He has supergenius intellect after all.

He also can one shot Geralt, and turn intangible like Regis.

But the paralysis will not work. It's hypnosis based, Geralt resists hypnosis.

Also has soul hax, but I don't know if it's combat applicable.

Unless most of this stuff is out of character and I don't know something about his stuff, Geralt is not winning until he becomes 8-C+.

My vote was based on 8-C Geralt, if he get an upgrade my vote will not change. A 9-A Geralt stands no chance at all since a touch from Mayer kills him

So Mayerling still have Shapeshifting, Analitical Prediction and Sleep Hax on his side

He'll not change his metabolism if he's sleeping

Fighting someone who have certain hax doesn't mean you can resist

Also, his Paralysis can be done via Telekinesis, so he can still stop Geralt's movements, which gives Mayer a chance to use Soul Hax

I'm just gonna drop by and clear some misunderstandings in this thread regarding Mayerling.

1) Nobles aren't weak to Silver. The author consistently makes it very clear throughout the series that only a few things are lethal for them but silver isn't one of them.

2) Nobility Regen isn't Low-Godly. I've already discussed this with Kira and Dante and Milly numerous times. It's an absurdly high level of "High" Regen since they can reform themselves even after getting their protons vaporized or crushed small enough to fit through the hole in the Dirac Sea.

3) The whole Analytical Prediction via mathematically predicting fate thingy isn't combat applicable since it's a specific method developed by the Nobility's Academy Of Sciences for their research purposes just like how they created mutants and summoned demons from other realms. It's not any inherent ability possessed by the Nobles.

"Everything but better"

lol

Didn't know that he was Relativistic+, had a 4-A thought based Shield, High Regenerationn and was a Supergenius capable of creating futuristic and impossible tech

Speed is kinda iffy as he literally blitzed geralt so easily that geralt couldn't even react, there is no clear way to know just how fast he was moving

Regen too is also left to debate because there isn't shown a limit of how much a higher vampire can regenerate, we only know only another higher vampire from within the verse can counter the Regenerationn of another higher vampire unlike in vampire hunter d which you only need to strike their hearts to end them

and you're right about the shield and intelligence tho and i've should've written down "better in nearly every way"

Unseen Elder is still superior on the other haxes

Back