• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genya Shinazugawa (KNY) VS Sly Marbo (Warhammer 40.000)

Trying to think what Sly can do versus that regen. Tbf Sly has aim comparable to a Vindicare, who can snipe you from a moon away lol

EDIT: If Genya only has High Low I guess Marbo could just snipe him in the head from miles away?

This seems to be SBA. How is he miles away? Other guy has homing attacks so he's not just casually stealthing away to do that.
In fact I'm not sure what he does v homing attacks at all

If Sly has accuracy and homing attacks Genya has 0 chance here. He stands as one of the least skilled characters in Demon Slayer due to well... being a shitty demon slayer.

definetly has great accuracy, but the profile doesn't seem to have homing attacks in it

Though... Genya does have High Hypersonic reactions so he'd be able to dodge the bullets... maybe...

Genya has the homing attacks, not sly. His profile says he has homing blood bullets or something like that. Sly has a gun/blade with apparently very potent but poorly defined poison.
Not sure when he had a sniper like guy above mentioned. He's used a tincan to murder before, though, so he's not stuck with just gun/knife.

"Homing Attack (His flesh bullets will seek his opponent and change their trajectory like living things),"
Not sure how sly deals with this.

Oh. His bullshit aura doesn't seem to be though. Not sure what rules say on stupid auras like that. Does he just instantly win for free because Sly has no resistances even though he's killed Dark Elder unarmed and they're almost certainly more dangerous and frightening than this anime dude?
If so anime boy fra.
If not anime boy fra anyways.
He's immortal with super high regen super senses to shut down stealth (sly's go-to) and has multiple power amps and a speed amp.
Sly has a gun that isn't even as good as the most basic weapon space marines use and literally a knife.

I don't really see what Sly does here unless you want to wank his poison and say it negates the immortality and regen or something.

Oh and even before that speed amp if I'm reading it right anime guy is massively faster to begin with outside of reactions so Sly can't even try to make space or anything.

The aura of Demon Slayer is wanked for the record, I will keep arguing against it being used as a wincon. Also while I'm for Genya, Sly Marbo's stealth goes well beyond what's reasonable given this is 40K. Also I'm fairly certain his poison is effective against Tyranids who themselves are have literal Reactive Evolution against a lot of poisons and shit. 40k profiles are barebones and don't display the real strength and resistances

Just by hunting Tyranids for sport + living on Catachan, Sly Marbo should have way more than what his profile reflects.

Has Sly killed tyranids in canon? I mostly follow the space marines, I'm not particularly well versed on the IG.

". His skills are such that it is said during the Octavius War Marbo hunted the chameleonic Tyranid Lictors for sport"
Huh he did. Maybe. "It is said" is probably canon enough for how Marbo works as a character. Must be really good poison then.

Well I mean the guy can snipe on the level of someone who can snipe people who are on a planet while said sniper shot them from the nearby moon clean. Plus Sly grew up on freaking Catachan, a jungle planet so lethal you needed to learn how to strip and use a rifle by the age of like 5. What's the range on that demon aura? Because I don't see it being much use when again Sly tags him from like miles upon miles away clean as a whistle.

(Tfw your the joke/meme character of your verse but said verse is 40K)

Well I mean the guy can snipe on the level of someone who can snipe people who are on a planet while said sniper shot them from the nearby moon clean. Plus Sly grew up on freaking Catachan, a jungle planet so lethal you needed to learn how to strip and use a rifle by the age of like 5. What's the range on that demon aura? Because I don't see it being much use when again Sly tags him from like 4KM away clean as a whistle.
"The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart."
He's not 4km away.
He's not fast enough to be 4km away.

Edited my post there, regardless it seems that both have hundreds of metres there. Don't think the aura kicks in that far away anyway so guess Marbo just shoots him in the head then? Last I checked High-Low doesn't save you from that.

Sly Marbo ideally should be able to have stealth so good it bypasses Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception scaling above both Dark Eldar senses and also acolyte abilities in Dark Heresy 2nd Edition, but the profile reflects none of that because it's so ass. Genya should win as is, but only because this profile really is missing a lot of his key abilities

My rough understanding of Sly is that he's one of the most skilled people in 40k, having shat on groups that normally takes entire groups of assassins, entire chaos outposts and traitor marines, on his own, for months on end.
But that's a very rough understanding based on him being mentioned here or there very rarely since I don't follow IG enough to even know if he has any concrete feats at all or if its all just in-verse heresay.
If his feats are legit he probably does just instantly and immediately 1 shot.

Back