• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Sub-Relativistic calc issues

Giannysmag

He/Him
Everyone in Genshin Impact currently scales to this calc of Kazuha intercepting Raiden's attack.

So what's the problem? Well the calc assumes Raiden's attack is moving at lightning speed. In the comments Garrixian specifies the reason for this is that Raiden's attacks have been accepted as lightning speed. But what they fail to mention is that in the original thread where this was accepted, it was specificaly her lightning attacks that are MHS+, because of her being able to use cloud to ground lightning.

The Musou no Hitotachi (the attack that Kazuha intercepts) is not a bolt of lightning, it is simply a sword swing that is infused with the element of electro (so essentually a sword that has electro flowing through it that deals electro damage on contact). There is no evidence as to why such an attack would be lightning speed. Infact in the scene where Raiden attacks the Traveler you can see little sparks of lightning flying around at normal speed while everything else, including the Musou no Hitotachi, is in slow mo, so even visually the attack is shown as slower than actual lightning bolts

With that in mind i think the calc isn't usable and should be removed from the verse

Okay...Imma be neutral once again,since im not smart with calcs and stuff,and garrixian already had nice counter args in their op,and gianny crt
However i truthfully believe everyone being sub-relativistic is questionable
Says the guy who made everyone 7-A

The first cutscene was in slow-mo from the Traveler's perspective. We can see from this scene onward, that Paimon's voice wasn't affected by slow-motion and everything else was at normal speed. Hence, only that scene when Raiden was swinging her sword was slow motion.

And as for the argument of the sword being infused with lightning but not the actual lightning itself, I'm pretty sure something like that correlates with how kinematics and the conservation of energy work. If something was powered by an energy source (lightning in this case), there would have to be kinetic energy to harness the electrostatic potential energy in it. If it contains the potential energy of lightning then it'll transform into kinetic energy, meaning the Musou no Hitotachi will also have its speed.

The first cutscene was in slow-mo from the Traveler's perspective. We can see from this scene onward, that Paimon's voice wasn't affected by slow-motion and everything else was at normal speed. Hence, only that scene when Raiden was swinging her sword was slow motion.
Honestly i don't see it. The only thing moving at normal speed are the lightning bolts and Paimon's voice does sound somewhat slowed down to me
And as for the argument of the sword being infused with lightning but not the actual lightning itself, I'm pretty sure something like that correlates with how kinematics and the conservation of energy work. If something was powered by an energy source (lightning in this case), there would have to be kinetic energy to harness the electrostatic potential energy in it. If it contains the potential energy of lightning then it'll transform into kinetic energy, meaning the Musou no Hitotachi will also have its speed.
I'm not smart enough to fully understand if this is true or not but lightning doesn't have mass right? So if lightning is moving at that speed without any mass and then you put the energy of that lightning into something that does have mass then wouldn't it be slower as a result? Since the mass increased and the energy stayed the same.

Btw can you tag some CGM to look at this thread

Honestly i don't see it. The only thing moving at normal speed are the lightning bolts and Paimon's voice does sound somewhat slowed down to me
Nah. Pitch is still normal. We don't see the lightning bolts when Raiden swung her sword.
I'm not smart enough to fully understand if this is true or not but lightning doesn't have mass right? So if lightning is moving at that speed without any mass and then you put the energy of that lightning into something that does have mass then wouldn't it be slower as a result? Since the mass increased and the energy stayed the same.

Btw can you tag some CGM to look at this thread
Uhhh... I rarely seen CGMs deal with electricity types of feats since it is quite complex and all. Guess I'll ping tmrw but rn I'm sleepy asf

Btw I'm assuming your point here is that Raiden turns the energy of lightning into KE for the sword and thus boosting it's speed. Well a lightningbolt has around 1.6 billion Joules of energy, a katana weighs 1.2 kilos and the formula for KE is 0.5*mass*(speed)^2, so with that in mind the speed of Raiden's sword swing would be boosted to
1.6*10^9 = 0.5*1.2*(speed)^2 <=> (speed)^2 = 2,6*10^9 <=> speed = 51,000 m/s which is 9 times slower than the speed of lightning

Btw I'm assuming your point here is that Raiden turns the energy of lightning into KE for the sword and thus boosting it's speed. Well a lightningbolt has around 1.6 billion Joules of energy, a katana weighs 1.2 kilos and the formula for KE is 0.5*mass*(speed)^2, so with that in mind the speed of Raiden's sword swing would be boosted to
1.6*10^9 = 0.5*1.2*(speed)^2 <=> (speed)^2 = 2,6*10^9 <=> speed = 51,000 m/s which is 9 times slower than the speed of lightning
It's rather the kinetic energy of the lightning itself than the katana at the phase Raiden was swinging it.

Anyways, doing what the OP asked...

@Flashlight237 @CloverDragon03 @TheRustyOne @M3X_2.0 Flashlight originally approved of my sub-rel calculation and I heard the other 3 are knowledgeable on lightning stuff.

What requirements does this lightning fit
Here's the CRT about it.

Other than that, I don't actually know other than the fact it has the speed of lightning.

Here's the CRT about it.

Other than that, I don't actually know other than the fact it has the speed of lightning.
I've read it, but the only thing I see is that the character uses CtG lightning. Was CtG lightning used in the feat of the above calculation?

A more in-depth evaluation: A character using cloud to ground lightning once isn't enough to prove that every other lightning attack of theirs is also cloud to ground lightning.

To prove the lightning has the speed of lightning in this wiki, it must have at least a few of these requirements.

If in the feat in question the character wasn't using CtG lightning, then the speed cannot be used.

Yeah, judging from responses after the mention, I might have to rescind my initial approval of the calc. I was admittedly hesitant in approving the calc at the time.

A more in-depth evaluation: A character using cloud to ground lightning once isn't enough to prove that every other lightning attack of theirs is also cloud to ground lightning.

To prove the lightning has the speed of lightning in this wiki, it must have at least a few of these requirements.

If in the feat in question the character wasn't using CtG lightning, then the speed cannot be used.
Then I suppose this calculation should also be in question:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Amost6x/Aether_dodge_lightning

Raiden used the same form of lightning in both feats. If that is the case and the speed of lightning cannot be used, then both the Sub-Rel+ and Massively Hypersonic+ calculations will have to be removed. Hence, the entire verse will be downgraded to Supersonic+.

the entire verse will be downgraded to Supersonic+.
I'd rather us discuss what they will be downgraded to on a separate thread, since this is just for rejecting the sub rel calc

Also does M3X count as a staff member? Cause if so we already have two agreements

I’m forgot how calc group discussions even work.

Istg if Genshin gets downgraded to Supersonic+ that’s on you

Reading through the thread, I have to agree that lightning speed shouldn't be used in the calculations.

M3X pretty much nailed it on the head.

I think on top of what was already said, swinging a sword with lightning coming off of it doesn't make the sword swing lightning speed. Raiden is doing the moving, not the lightning

So yeah, I agree with not using the calc

Back