• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact Traveler Teleportation

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
The Traveler should have Teleportation via Teleport Waypoints. Teleport Waypoints have some lore that indicates them as being more than just gameplay mechanics and that the Traveler knows how to make use of them. The descriptions for the Portable Waypoint and the Sub-Space Waypoint also support this and make this something the Traveler can make use of outside of Teyvat if they have Portable Waypoints or the Serenitea Pot with them. The Teleport Waypoints have also been referenced in the dialogue of characters. In this Event Quest Paimon refers to the Portable Waypoints and even mentions the Luminescent Spine used for crafting them. Katheryne brings up the Traveler's usage of Teleport Waypoint in Inazuma.

Limited teleportation
Since the Players must need a teleport waypoint statue to teleport, so they can't freely teleport wherever they likes

But about the "teleportation" yeah agree about that

Look like it is Limited Teleportation. I did remember this Waypoint, but somehow ignore it, anyway this is fine to add

I'm fine with Limited Teleportation

Not stating wether i disagree or agree, but the lore with waypoints are extremely inconsistent. Whilst portable waypoints are referred to as:

A pocket-sized item that creates a temporary Teleport Waypoint. It is capable of connecting with the Ley Lines, at least to the extent necessary to bring about teleportation. Although it offers an incredible convenience to Vision bearers, some scholars worry that since the actual principles behind Teleport Waypoints are not yet fully understood, using a built imitation device for teleportation may have serious unknown side effects.

In Noelle's second hangout event she talks about how far it would be to go to Liyue from Mondstat. Whilst one could argue she merely doesn't know about the waypoints existence, that's pretty iffy since its regarded as known to the people of teyvat. Seen from here:

Odd devices that are scattered across Teyvat, seemingly forming a certain order.
People of the continent see them as ancient gimmicks - they are accustomed to their existence despite not knowing their purpose.
Just wanted to comment so we can have as much info as possible. Overall, i feel that the addition should be added, just wanted to point out how the lore surronding the waypoints is very inconsistent also i ****** up at textblocks and feel like an idiot lol

Just wanted to comment so we can have as much info as possible. Overall, i feel that the addition should be added, just wanted to point out how the lore surronding the waypoints is very inconsistent also i ****** up at textblocks and feel like an idiot lol
It says that people of the continent don't know the purpose of Teleport Waypoints and Portable Waypoints have been introduced in Version 1.1 instead of being in the game from the very beginning like regular Teleport Waypoints. The fact that the principles behind Teleport Waypoints have yet to be fully understood and that one can only hope that they don't cause any undesirable side effects would suggest that Portable Waypoints are relatively new.

It says that people of the continent don't know the purpose of Teleport Waypoints and Portable Waypoints have been introduced in Version 1.1 instead of being in the game from the very beginning like regular Teleport Waypoints. The fact that the principles behind Teleport Waypoints have yet to be fully understood and that one can only hope that they don't cause any undesirable side effects would suggest that Portable Waypoints are relatively new.
perhaps, but it still iffy to me how something thats literally described as an "incredible convenience to vision bearer" is unknown to..... a vision bearer who resides in the region in which the portable waypoint comes from.

perhaps, but it still iffy to me how something thats literally described as an "incredible convenience to vision bearer" is unknown to..... a vision bearer who resides in the region in which the portable waypoint comes from.
According to one of the branches of Noelle's first Hangout Event Noelle rarely leaves the city for training, so she might not know about them because she isn't actually going around much outside of the city.

According to one of the branches of Noelle's first Hangout Event Noelle rarely leaves the city for training, so she might not know about them because she isn't actually going around much outside of the city.

she’s stated to take note about all the things the knights do:

”She may not have what it takes to be a knight just yet, but she is learning. Working as a maid at the Knights' headquarters, she is constantly taking notes on what constitutes knightly speech, knightly conduct, and knightly customs.”

With the knights (or better to say outriders) being explictly stated by Katheryne to use waypoints, with portable waypoints being stated as a luxury for vision bearers.

Regardless, would the inconsistent lore even affect giving Aether/Lumine limited tp

she’s stated to take note about all the things the knights do:

”She may not have what it takes to be a knight just yet, but she is learning. Working as a maid at the Knights' headquarters, she is constantly taking notes on what constitutes knightly speech, knightly conduct, and knightly customs.”

With the knights (or better to say outriders) being explictly stated by Katheryne to use waypoints, with portable waypoints being stated as a luxury for vision bearers.

Regardless, would the inconsistent lore even affect giving Aether/Lumine limited tp
The Outriders were stated to use Teleport Waypoints? Isn't Amber currently the only Outrider? It would be good if you could provide the quote or link for that.

Okay, I've added the Limited Teleportation to the profile. The Teleportation with the regular Teleport Waypoints scattered in Teyvat is in the tab for the Mondstadt Chapter and I put the Teleportation with the Portable Waypoints and the Sub-Space Waypoints into the tab for the Liyue Chapter since they were introduced into the game in Version 1.1 and 2.0 respectively. Actually, now that I think about it would the Sub-Space Waypoints belong into a future Inazuma Chapter tab since it came out in 2.0?

Back