• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact:Downgrade due to translation issues

..why do you even mention a text of Shaking entire world why are you changing argument mid debate wtf, also i already said that he can affect entire ley lines which spread trough entire teyvat with shaking earth you are getting more and more confusing
Welp...If L6-B calc is allowed, then I have two questions:
1.The data given by this calc is based on the size of the real earth, but based on the current situation of the game map, I am very curious whether Teyvat is half the size of the real earth (of course I know that the game map has been reduced, but unless the size of the Seven Nations is similar to the seven continents, it is impossible to use the real earth as the calculation standard)
2.Based on the description you gave, shaking earth sounds more like Environmental Destruction, so perhaps this isn't scalable to other characters according to the standard?

Welp...If L6-B calc is allowed, then I have two questions:
1.The data given by this calc is based on the size of the real earth, but based on the current situation of the game map, I am very curious whether Teyvat is half the size of the real earth (of course I know that the game map has been reduced, but unless the size of the Seven Nations is similar to the seven continents, it is impossible to use the real earth as the calculation standard)
it is the standard calc for common reference feat so im sure it can be used.
2.Based on the description you gave, shaking earth sounds more like Environmental Destruction, so perhaps this isn't scalable to other characters according to the standard?
It would be Enviromental Destruction if the entire context of his power was just shaking earth with movement, but zhongli also stated that because of Azdahas Strength to shake the Earth, Zhongli even at full power coudlnt match Azdaha entirely so i doubt that it isnt scaleable

Zhongli even at full power coudlnt match Azdaha entirely so i doubt that it isnt scaleable
I tackled that back in the High 6-A thread. The statements from both characters makes it clear that the two are comparable and nothing more. Both are overly humble and call the other the better. This is currently on profile.

Az called Morax the strongest, Zhongli claimed not to be superior, etc.

And there wasn't outside help except for the sealing. Emotional state statements are also eh since both are unhappy fighting a friend. Arguably Morax more so since he has more of his mind.

I tackled that back in the High 6-A thread. The statements from both characters makes it clear that the two are comparable and nothing more. Both are overly humble and call the other the better. This is currently on profile.

Az called Morax the strongest, Zhongli claimed not to be superior, etc.

And there wasn't outside help except for the sealing. Emotional state statements are also eh since both are unhappy fighting a friend. Arguably Morax more so since he has more of his mind.
I was going with supporting scan for Azdaha scaling which is why i posted that specific scan, i know abt this i just wanted to clarify that azdaha's low 6-B in indeed scaleable since even Zhongli Acknowledges it, and TL helper confirmed the high 6-A feat translation is bad on english

If I remember correctly, in our national grammar,“撼天动地”is a idiom.That is, not really/literally.why I say this,Because the word comes from 《Romance of The Three Kingdoms》(This is the actual historical record and not the famous novel of the same name, which means that the content here is actually documentary)The word (撼天动地)is used here to describe the death of an emperor......Another source comes from the Notes on Water Classics.This is a record of the real river, the river and the sea, that is, the reality of the documentary.Here the word "撼天动地" is used to describe the loud sound made by a riverObviously, this word has always been not literal, but a simple exaggeration, and we Chinese also like to use this word to describe all kinds of spectacular scenes and great people.
That's what I'm trying to say,There are certain differences between Chinese culture and Western culture that make some of the exaggerated descriptions of Chinese works seem like real narration and power

Agree,In Chinese grammar, "覆灭天光" obviously it cannot be the destruction of the sun and moon or be moved, or the manipulation of day and night .And as a Chinese I can state this with great certainty.“覆灭” can be understood as destroy, disappear.“覆”can be understood as covering.“天光”,It can be interpreted as sunlight or daylight.
So obviously, the worst case scenario describes blocking out the sun, and the fact that she creates a lot of thunderclouds in the game fits that description
Actually it's "shaking the ground" and the original Chinese text also does not mention that the range completely covers Teyvat
Off-topic but I wanted to say that I myself am also Chinese so hello there. (Well Chinese American to be exact)

If I remember correctly, in our national grammar,“撼天动地”is a idiom.That is, not really/literally.why I say this,Because the word comes from 《Romance of The Three Kingdoms》(This is the actual historical record and not the famous novel of the same name, which means that the content here is actually documentary)The word (撼天动地)is used here to describe the death of an emperor......Another source comes from the Notes on Water Classics.This is a record of the real river, the river and the sea, that is, the reality of the documentary.Here the word "撼天动地" is used to describe the loud sound made by a riverObviously, this word has always been not literal, but a simple exaggeration, and we Chinese also like to use this word to describe all kinds of spectacular scenes and great people.
That's what I'm trying to say,There are certain differences between Chinese culture and Western culture that make some of the exaggerated descriptions of Chinese works seem like real narration and power
@Woomica Regarding the upgrade of L6-B, I think you should read this explanation before considering whether you can upgrade.

@Woomica Regarding the upgrade of L6-B, I think you should read this explanation before considering whether you can upgrade.
talked with garri abt this, ig only juvenile jade remains im gonna check the cn text and see, as far as she told me it can be used, now if that affects whole teyvat these are supporting feats/statements i found.
What is the accepted scaling feat that is one step below the feat being removed?
Azhdaha: was Repeatedly stated to be capable of shaking the earth even with his smallest movements[2], which would take this much energy) (justification from his profile)
That got accepted here

@GarrixianXD

Can you please help us confirm the proper usage of the text?
撼天动地 is indeed an idiomatic phrase. However, many Chinese idiomatic phrases can be literal in syntax and can be closely inferred to its literal meaning. Example take 声势浩大, which means large-scale power both in how its spelled and its actual meaning. 撼天动地 can be used as a phrase to imply the Earth is actually moving in a literal sense, depends on the context. Considering my knowledge on Genshin based on the characters that are presented can manipulate the Earth element on a very large scale, then I suppose the phrase being taken as literal could work.

There are also subtle differences between Chinese idioms.... Some of the words he meant literally, but most of them he meant completely exaggerated descriptions.For example, "繁花似锦,"“琳琅满目”are completely literal.There is no dispute about this.But“地动山摇”“天崩地裂”“掘地三尺”and so on.These direct use of the literal meaning is a very strange behavior, more often we should consider the context and the object of description. For example“地动山摇”is used to describe the Wenchuan earthquake and family disputes.In this case, it is clear which is a false reference.If we're going to put it in the combat component, I think we need at least some other testimony and performance... At least we can't rely on something as controversial as idioms

Back