• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact:Downgrade due to translation issues

As y'all can see,this page states that the feat described mentions that the energy generated by the conflict between Ei and Shogun is enough to vaporize the ocean and turn day into night, however this is actually an error in the game's translation.
e78928ceadf6bdd1abbcf77dadd2a513.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-04-18-34-43-86-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
8720c6678d26d89f431b7876f91d705b.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-04-18-33-02-12-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Above is a comparison of the English text and the original Chinese text of the game
First,the translation of Figures 1 & 2 is correct. BUT,on translation of Figures 3 & 4,the original text is described as "The energy generated by the duel is enough to overturn the sea, extinguish the lights of sky" when directly translated using Google Translate.
Screenshot-2024-09-04-18-42-36-92-7a5391456ddf15713cd09dfbd75e8325.jpg

To further confirm, I asked my Chinese friends, and they all agreed that it was simply a flowey word used to describe the extremely powerful energy generated by the duel. And they also said that there is no description of vaporize oceans and turn day into night in the Chinese text(To put it simply, the English translation and the original text do not mean the same thing.)
Based on the above arguments, I think Raiden Shogun and other GI characters' H6-A should be downgrade to the previous tier.

Agree: @Setsuna_tenma @Nero1215
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
i suggest calling Translation helper for this, since Macchine Translations are not always accurate...soo @GarrixianXD
also hoyoverse ffs invite better translators i could count to 200 how much ass translations hoyo games have
Edit: If this gets accepted i suggest downgrading to low 6-B based on this calc here

i suggest calling Translation helper for this, since Macchine Translations are not always accurate...soo @GarrixianXD
also hoyoverse ffs invite better translators i could count to 200 how much ass translations hoyo games have
Edit: If this gets accepted i suggest downgrading to low 6-B based on this calc here
I highlighted below that for further confirm, I asked my Chinese friends (including myself is a Chinese too) 🥶

Agree,In Chinese grammar, "覆灭天光" obviously it cannot be the destruction of the sun and moon or be moved, or the manipulation of day and night .And as a Chinese I can state this with great certainty.“覆灭” can be understood as destroy, disappear.“覆”can be understood as covering.“天光”,It can be interpreted as sunlight or daylight.
So obviously, the worst case scenario describes blocking out the sun, and the fact that she creates a lot of thunderclouds in the game fits that description

Have to ask... If I am not mistaken or missing anything, wouldn't RS and those in her tier group just be booted back to 6-C+ as they previous were before their High 6-A upgrade?

Yeah, the translation is wack. Nuke it.

Iirc, there’s a Low 6-B calculation that can replace the 6-C rating, considering Low 6-B was also approved.

Rip High 6-A GI. I don't follow Genshin enough but oof, it was good while it lasted for such a big tier lol.

I don't know of any Chinese myself but I have to ask on what the whole "overturning the sea(s)" part would have pertained to?

I can get "extinguish/destroy the sky" could be interpreted loosely to mean like blocking out the sun and the sky, especially with Ei's control over Electro and being able to create thunderclouds but not so much the overturning seas part. Unless that's just another way of saying shaking up even the seas too?

In any case, seeing as this is yet another one of Hoyoverse's infamous localization f up's, I agree with removing it and changing them accordingly to something else.

On the Low 6-B stuff, if there's stuff that's consistent to it like the Azdhaha shaking the earth bit (and I presume this means like the planet and not like the ground itself), that can work. Elsewise, you guys would have to go with High 6-C or wherever they were last time prior to the tier jump.

Back