• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I've wanted to have these two battle for a looooooong time. However, since Mettaton would blitz Genos into next week, speed is equalized in this fight.

After monsters return to the surface, life is...pretty rough, at the beginning. This is mainly due to the fact that, in recent years, humanity has been plagued by a different kind of monster. Seeing a few of the Undergrounds inhabitants roaming around Z-City, Genos assumes that they're the same type of monsters who pose a threat to civilians, opening fire on them. In a blur of pink and black, Mettaton EX swoops in, pulling the monsters out of harms way. Believing Mettaton to be another out of control (albeit very flamboyant) cyborg, he readies himself for battle.

Rules:

• As stated before, speed is equalized
  • Neither have any prior knowledge of their opponent
  • Winner by incapacitation or death
  • This is current Genos vs Mettaton EX
So, who wins? Will the Blond Cyborg scrap the Underground's #1 idol, or will Genos suffer death by glamour? Reasoning for votes would be appreciated.

Genos by mourum-d6vpm5z
Mettaton ex knock 'em dead

I appears his DC and speed is way out of Genos' reach (large mountain level, relativistic). Also Genos durability is not that great (his arms and limbs get torn very often). I am leaning towards Mettatons for having superior stats

Faisal Shourov said:
I appears his DC and speed is way out of Genos' reach (large mountain level, relativistic). Also Genos durability is not that great (his arms and limbs get torn very often). I am leaning towards Mettatons for having superior stats
Speed's equalized. Otherwise, Genos would be at waaaaaaay too unfair of a disadvantage.

I still don't see how Genos can harm him, his DC is only around large city level. Mettaton has at least mountain level durability. If Genos had notable hax I could make arguments for him.

Faisal Shourov said:
I still don't see how Genos can harm him, his DC is only around large city level. Mettaton has at least mountain level durability. If Genos had notable hax I could make arguments for him.
Mettaton EX not NEO.

KuuIchigo said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Mettaton EX not NEO.
In that case it's pretty close. Possibly a tie since both have similar abilities and stats.

Faisal Shourov said:
KuuIchigo said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Mettaton EX not NEO.
In that case it's pretty close. Possibly a tie since both have similar abilities and stats.
Yeah I was checking out the abilities since stats are similar. Idk it's close.

I hope Genos gets a buff real soon. My homie can't keep losing like this.

Questionable as I find relativistic Mettaton, speed is equalized so whatever.

Hm...Genos has never learned about Blue Attacks, so that disco ball might be a doozy unless he just destroys it outright, if he can do that. Ugh...this is hard. With speed equalized, everything is equal.

Which...and I hate to say this, might be his downfall. With his huge focus on destructive attacks, he seems to rely on being strong enough for that to work in very little time. So when he's so evenly matched...hm. Then again, Mettaton isn't exactly a very skilled fighter (one of those "act like an idiot because you'll be less predictable" types, which never works IRL), so...hm. Could Genos' experience possibly get him the W?

WarriorWare said:
Then again, Mettaton isn't exactly a very skilled fighter (one of those "act like an idiot because you'll be less predictable" types, which never works IRL), so...hm. Could Genos' experience possibly get him the W?
IIRC, Mettaton's actually incredibly dangerous. I mean, Mettaton EX was fighting without any limbs, and he was still keeping up with Frisk. The reason he messes around and dances during the fight is because he can (he's also performing for an increasing number of viewers during their battle, as well). Remember, when Mettaton NEO fights Chara, he knows how dangerous the kid is (along with the fact that he can't win), and there's no dancing or theatrics of any sort.

That said, Genos is also very skilled, so I don't know who has the advantage in that department, but I would say Genos has more fighting experience.

Genos might be at a disadvantage without Alphys making his soul yellow.

Then again, I don't know for certain because Undertale's combat is so vague.

Still, on tenacity alone, Mettaton continuing to do battle as nothing but a torsa and head is some Black Knight "Come back here so I can bite you!"-level shenanigans.

WarriorWare said:
Would Genos even need Alphys to make his soul yellow? He's got projectiles of his own. Same color, even.
If Genos fires projectiles, but no Alphys is there to make his soul yellow...

Papyrus is still multi-galaxy.

...I'll leave, now.

Mettaton seems to have higher DC and stuff, with speed equalized, looks like he win in a close fight, If it was NEO or Base, Metta would take it more easily.

SaikouTouhou said:
Mettaton seems to have higher DC and stuff, with speed equalized, looks like he win in a close fight, If it was NEO or Base, Metta would take it more easily.
It's genuinely surprising that base Mettaton has the most stupidly high defense.

Quick question.. Can Mettaton pull out Genos Soul (IF He has one) to attack him?

Or is it just physical.

...Wat?

That's not a power monsters have.

I think you're thinking about monsters salvaging souls from their enemies' corpses.

Huh, speed equalized and the bit of nerf may actually give Genos a chance of winning

That said leaning on Mettaton because Genos is.... well Genos. He gets the worf effect everytime

not really, that was just due to chara being too strong
and to that. Mettaton traded DEF for attack..

Thats why he lost...

Not because Chara was strong.

Also. That necro xD

Back