• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

genos upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I believe it's because Michael has never been depowered/weakened, whereas there was a time when Lucifer was.

You should probably ask Matthew Shroeder about this. He'd likely know.

ok. but how was lucifer depowered? isnt he nigh omnipotent. was he depowered against his will, or did he choose to be depowered?

I'm pretty sure Presence could depower Lucifer if he wanted to. However like I said I don't know the specifics of what happened to him. Matthew probably does.

this is off topic, but you seem to know a little about opm so i'll ask you. suiryu is 7-A and genos is at least 7-B. but genos is stronger than garou, and according to murata, garou and suiryu are equal. so genos is stronger than suiryu as well. meaning genos should be 7-A. thoughts?

I'd appreciate it if you went to my message wall instead of derailing threads like this.

However where are you getting Genos being stronger than Garou from? That's like very wrong.

genos beat the shit out of garou in the webcomic

http://*********.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Onepunch-Man--ONE----053?id=321567#11

I don't remember that. But either Garou was weakened, Genos got a major upgrade, or the most likely, that is PIS.

Garou at his weakest shown incarnation defeated Tanktop Master, someone who was stated in the webcomic to be equal to Genos.

Garou then went on to fight Metal Bat, who has multiple statements and feats of being able to fight Dragon levels. Whereas Genos at the time is struggling with Demons. And in the latest webcomic chapter stated that his newest upgrade allowed him to take on a Dragon.

Later on Garou got strong enough to defeat Overgrown Rover, a guy who Bang couldn't do any damage to and survived an extremely casual attack from Saitama.

genos definitely didnt have an upgrade in this scene. this is the same genos that got one shot by gouketsu. and garou probably wasnt that weakened since he just effortlessly defeated death gatling seconds before his fight with genos.

where was it stated that TTM is equal to genos? are you talking about this panel ?

garou states that genos's power is comparable to tanktop master, but not his speed. TTM had physical strength superior to garou, but his speed and technique was trash compared to garou. whereas genos is far faster than TTM and he has the technology and radar to deal with garous martial arts, hes not just a brawler like TTM.

as for metal bat... metal bats physical strength is FAR greater than garous. agree? and the only reason why garou was able to not get curbstomped by metal bat was because of his martial arts and precognition. metal bat might only be able to take on a dragon when hes REALLY amped by FS, and during his fight with garou, he wasnt quite there. and dont forget that metal bat would've murdered garou if it wasnt for zenko. garou literally says on multiple occasions that metal bat could one shot him. dragons are usually HUGE, therefore probably a lot easier to hit then garou.

and idk why you mentioned garou beating overgrown rover, he did that when he was already transformed slightly. at this point, he would murder suiryu. so its not really a good point

Then it's PIS. Garou defeated someone who is directly stated to be comparable in power to Tanktop back when he was much weaker. There is no reason why he should be significantly less strong than Genos.

Metal Bat is stated multiple times overall able to fight Dragons. It's never said he needs to be amped up to do so. And he somewhat held his own against Elder Centipede without having his Fighting Spirit amped up.

Genos on the other hand still struggles against Demon levels. And stated that his most recent upgrade allows him to fight Dragons.

And Garou was still able to harm and do damage towards base Metal Bat, who is still far stronger than Genos. Martial arts alone wouldn't allow Garou to do that to Metal Bat if he was so much weaker than him that even Genos is stronger than him.

Because I don't know which state of Garou you're talking about. But regardless, Human Garou should not be weaker than Genos.

ok. good point. but i have one more thing to ask.

garou strictly states that genos is comparable in POWER. thats it. genos is still much much faster, than tanktop master, and has very advanced tech that allows him to counter garous martial arts. whereas tanktop master is slow and does not know martial arts. the reason why garou beat TTM was because of his martial arts hax, which allows him to redirect the enemies force twice as much. TTM is still stronger physically.

and YES, metal bat has to be amped to fight dragons. metal bat (before being amped) was struggling with demon level monsters. only after being amped was he able to defeat demon levels. so it makes no sense for him to beat a dragon when not amped. and metal bat couldnt do shit against elder centipede. EC was completely undamaged and literally just tossed metal bat like a mile away.

lastly, garou wasnt weaker when he fought TTM. his fight with genos happened like a couple days after his fight with TTM. he's the same power level here.

and garou said genos was comparable in power to TTM. not exactly the same. meaning that genos could actually be stronger than TTM.

Garou survived attacks from Tanktop Master, and managed harmed him with plain strikes. Not redirecting the force of his attacks back on to him twofold. Even if Tanktop is slightly stronger, Garou is relativistic to him. Garou shouldn't be so much weaker than Genos, when he was already on par with someone around as powerful as him previously.

Metal Bat can survive hits from a Dragon level, yet he's less durable than Genos, who gets beaten up by Demons and considers being on par with a Dragon level a major accomplishment at his peak power?

Either way, Garou can harm Metal Bat (who again can survive attacks from a Dragon level) and was still managing to somewhat harm him even after it was being stated his fighting spirit was going up. This proves that Garou around this time is far stronger than Genos, and that Genos beating him up later on is PIS.

I think the gap between his fight with Tanktop, fighting Metal Bat, fighting Watchdog Man, the Suiryu arc in between, up to fighting Genos was a bit more than 2 days. Either way, him later on managing to fight Metal Bat kind of proves that he did get stronger since his fight with Tanktop.

No problem. Thanks for understanding. I'll close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back