• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genos is not a martial artist

He actually refuses to learn martial arts from Bang, it would be okay if i contact with an admin to ask him/her to temporally unblock his page so i can remove that?

If you're talking about his powers and abilities then it's just description to show his proficiency in close quarters combat.

No he's skilled in fighting and that's shown many times, the profile links to Martial Arts but it just says skilled in Hand to Hand Fighting.

You can't deny that. Martial Arts is just what it's classified under.

He is a skilled fighter in hand-to-hand combat.

That power links to Martial Arts but it doesn't have to explicitely mean that; it just means he's great at it and he does have techniques specifically focused on hand-to-hand combat.

I just want to point out that he's content enough to use energy blasts in the earlier chapters of the manga. Sure, he punches and kicks every now and then; but it's not at the level of Bang, Bomb, and Garou. All three of which have spent an lot of time honing their skills at hand-to-hand combat. Genos, on the other hand, gets stronger mostly by getting new parts.

What i don't understand is how can Saitama not be related to the martial arts category too if we talk in that zone. Sure, he is not in the same level as Bang, Bomb or Garou like Genos, but dude is shown to be an smart or at least cunning fighter since he's shown to smartly use his powers and envirenment to win the fights he couldn't finish with one punch.

Plus he ocassionally does karate chops and grappling moves, his dream-fight against the subterranean even has him doing a lot of crazy acrobatic kicks and fighting maneuvers.

Even though he spent 3 years training, he didn't train in an specific style of fighting. To me, he was self-taught, but Saitama isn't exactly an expert. But he isn't an loser, either.

Well Saitama spent half year fighting monsters and criminals without powers or help, he got experience, unlike Genos who i'm sure always had his cyborg enhancements and dr kuseno's help.

Neither of them are exactly profesionals, but i'm willingly to say Saitama has superior combat skill than Genos since he at least knows how to properly use his powers along being smart enough to use the enviorenment and hold his own depowered.

He is self-taught, but as Damage said the category does not necessarily refers to an martial artist but someone skilled in fighting.

I mean Luffy didn't train in any fighting style neither, and his techniques are so weird that hardly qualify as genuine techniques, but he is skilled at fighting in his own way and he is in the category of martial artist.

So should we remove it because i think if a character have martial art they at least have to show the ability to with pure skill win again an opponent with out using their raw diffent in stat but from what we have see of genos so far he just relying on his mechanical power than any skill

YungManzi said:
It's fine to stay if he can fight on par with skilled martial artists imo.
Then i feel it would be accurate to add Saitama to that category, oddly enough, he's been added to the category of martial artist before in other wikis.

Stuff like boxing does qualify as a martial art, though boxing is more involved than one would think at a glance.

Not all martial arts have to fit into the idea of eastern martial arts though. Idk genos but just gonna say that.

Wokistan said:
Stuff like boxing does qualify as a martial art, though boxing is more involved than one would think at a glance.
Not all martial arts have to fit into the idea of eastern martial arts though. Idk genos but just gonna say that.
Eh, ok. But do you think that adding Saitama would be accurate?

Also, why do you bring boxing here, no one was arguing if boxing was a martial art or not, though it is true people tend to look down on boxing comparing with other fighting styles.

Boxing was just used as an example to show that martial arts is a much broader category than people may percieve it as.

I don't really know much about Genos, but nothing I do know of him would contradict him having martial arts.

Wokistan said:
Boxing was just used as an example to show that martial arts is a much broader category than people may percieve it as.
I don't really know much about Genos, but nothing I do know of him would contradict him having martial arts.
I agree with the boxing example, but if Genos being basically self-taught can still suit as martial artist just with his own skills in your opinion, what do you think about Saitama?

Npc170 said:
YungManzi said:
but can he ???
They actually did an arc about this and it turned out that he can easily dodge the attacks from several martial artists in an tournament. But he found it to be kind of boring, since he easily defeated them.

RabidTankertvtropes said:
Npc170 said:
YungManzi said:
but can he ???
They actually did an arc about this and it turned out that he can easily dodge the attacks from several martial artists in an tournament. But he found it to be kind of boring, since he easily defeated them.
Pretty much the same deal as Saitama, now i'm thinking those two fight basically the same way in a sense.

Back