• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant. Even if that were true, it doesn't change the fact that the anime filler is anime filler. It also has multiple contradictions to the manga, but again, it doesn't matter because it's.....well, anime filler.

I'll do you one better. We don't use the anime at all, let alone anime filler.
Our profiles are strictly manga only, alongside the canon novels, databooks, fanbooks, and certain accepted game OVAs.
We use anime for the light fang calc

We use anime for the light fang calc
That's different. After multiple discussions over the years, people decided to use the anime to calc the feat, as it's somewhat ambiguous in the manga. That does not mean the anime is canon, or is used for anything else.

That's different. After multiple discussions over the years, people decided to use the anime to calc the feat, as it's somewhat ambiguous in the manga. That does not mean the anime is canon, or is used for anything else.
Can you send me the thread that says we accept anime as non canon?

Can you send me the thread that says we accept anime as non canon?
There's no thread for it, it's just common knowledge.
And is this thread done?
Kinda. It seems to be accepted by all the staff who have commented here, but others seem to have some points of contention.
Granted, most of those were just arguments from incredulity pretty much, so I'll probably apply this some time tomorrow if nothing else comes up.

But it does matter. Him holding back puts the feat into question. Sasuke apparently failing to see through his illusions, puts the feat into question.
And remember, Obito saw the battle, because Black Zetsu recorded it for him. So he's a good source of information.
Idk about that. The whole reason why the Uchiha blood/Sharingan were required to counter Tsukiyomi, was because Sasuke was the only one destined to fight Itachi. He already got beaten by it twice before, so narratively speaking it makes sense how he broke out of Tsukiyomi in their final battle.

Black Zetsu says that Sasuke overcame it himself (the databooks also suggests it btw), who's arguably a better source of info than Obito considering who he turns out to be.

And even if Itachi didn't put Sasuke in a powerful Tsukiyomi or he let him escape, it doesn't contradict the requirements needed to break Tsukiyomi if Sasuke didn't have the chance to break out of it by himself.
It is. Like I already said, Itachi used it on a guy called Tekka Uchiha, and he was completely helpless against it.
? From what I can tell, Tekka tried to use a genjutsu on Itachi who broke out of it with the Mangekyou then he stabbed him right afterwards. When did he use Tsukiyomi? Or am I missing something here?

Black Zetsu says that Sasuke overcame it himself (the databooks also suggests it btw)
Screen_Shot_2022-04-22_at_8.42.02_PM.png

Isn't Obito's statement kinda contradicting since Sasuke did see through some of Itachi's genjutsu? It was just that he let him do it.

And I don't see how this contradicts Itachi's initial statement about Tsukiyomi. If Sasuke didn't have a chance to break through Tsukiyomi himself, what's there that suggests he couldn't do it? No one has shown breaking out of Tsukiyomi besides him, even if Itachi allowed him to do it. His statement can still be true, am I wrong?

Last edited:
Idk about that. The whole reason why the Uchiha blood/Sharingan were required to counter Tsukiyomi, was because Sasuke was the only one destined to fight Itachi. He already got beaten by it twice before, so narratively speaking it makes sense how he broke out of Tsukiyomi in their final battle.

Black Zetsu says that Sasuke overcame it himself (the databooks also suggests it btw), who's arguably a better source of info than Obito considering who he turns out to be.
Zetsu's knowledge is irrelevant. He's not a Sharingan or MS wielder, so he's automatically a worse source than Obito and Itachi. And, like, seriously, Zetsu is a wealth of misinformation, man. He gets so much shit wrong, it's hilarious. It doesn't matter, anyway. Zetsu didn't know Itachi's true intentions, Obito did. That makes hi a far better judge of these events.
And even if Itachi didn't put Sasuke in a powerful Tsukiyomi or he let him escape, it doesn't contradict the requirements needed to break Tsukiyomi if Sasuke didn't have the chance to break out of it by himself.
Mate, it does contradict it. We have a direct statement contradicting it. I mean shit, we have another statement putting even MS Sasuke below Tsukuyomi, and you wanna scale 3 Tomoe Sasuke above it? No.
? From what I can tell, Tekka tried to use a genjutsu on Itachi who broke out of it with the Mangekyou then he stabbed him right afterwards. When did he use Tsukiyomi? Or am I missing something here?
Yes, my bad. I got confused between Tekka and Yashiro Uchiha. Yashiro is the one Itachi used Tsukuyomi on.
How come we can take Obito's statement as legitimate, but not Itachi's?
Because Itachi is a notorious liar. Because that whole fight was a big, oscar worthy, act meant to make Sasuke truly believe that Itachi was a bad guy trying to steal his eyes, when in reality he just wanted to take care of Orochimaru for him and make him a hero through "killing him". Because we have a direct statement from Obito straight up confirming these things.

Like, idk what to tell you, but you have an EXTREMELY heavy burden of proof if you want us to ignore all of this.

he wasn't even affected by Tekka's genjutsu. And I think Obito wasn't lying just because we see something that looks like Sasuke breaking out of it. It would just imply Itachi stopped the genjutsu. This is also supported by the fact that Danzo stated Sasuke's genjutsu isn't as good as Itachi's, and that Itachi was literally holding back to test Sasuke anyways

Oh, and Edo Itachi used his Tsukuyomi on Sasuke even though Sasuke had Itachi's eyes at the time, though Sasuke wasn't trying to use the Sharingan to break out of it

Last edited:
Zetsu's knowledge is irrelevant. He's not a Sharingan or MS wielder, so he's automatically a worse source than Obito and Itachi. And, like, seriously, Zetsu is a wealth of misinformation, man. He gets so much shit wrong, it's hilarious. It doesn't matter, anyway. Zetsu didn't know Itachi's true intentions, Obito did. That makes hi a far better judge of these events.
But the events of Sasuke and Itachi's fight was recorded through Zetsu. Zetsu is arguably one of the best sensors in the Narutoverse and also had more knowledge than literally anybody else in the series. It really doesn't matter whether he knew about the truth behind Itachi when the battle was something he saw himself, that later Obito saw.

And I don't really find it fair to discredit Zetsu's info, when Obito himself happens to be a notorious liar and manipulator.
Mate, it does contradict it. We have a direct statement contradicting it. I mean shit, we have another statement putting even MS Sasuke below Tsukuyomi, and you wanna scale 3 Tomoe Sasuke above it? No.
I'm not trying to say Sasuke's genjutsu prowess is higher than Itachi's. It's just that he has the requirements to break out of Tsukiyomi by himself.
Yes, my bad. I got confused between Tekka and Yashiro Uchiha. Yashiro is the one Itachi used Tsukuyomi on.
Ah right. Is there any context behind Itachi using Tsukiyomi on him? Did he even have his Sharingan activated?
Because Itachi is a notorious liar. Because that whole fight was a big, oscar worthy, act meant to make Sasuke truly believe that Itachi was a bad guy trying to steal his eyes, when in reality he just wanted to take care of Orochimaru for him and make him a hero through "killing him". Because we have a direct statement from Obito straight up confirming these things.
Obito is also a liar you know. And besides I don't see why Itachi needs to lie about something like that.
Like, idk what to tell you, but you have an EXTREMELY heavy burden of proof if you want us to ignore all of this.
I'm not ignoring it. It's just that even if you factor in Obito's statement, it still doesn't really contradict Itachi's initial statement.

Why do you say Obito is a liar?
Because he is? He lied about Madara's past, lied about his identity and lied about the nine tails attack to Sasuke. His goal was to manipulate Sasuke, so him altering events to suit his plan makes sense.
Ah right. Btw when does it say he used Tsukiyomi? Also, even if Yashiro got affected by Tsukiyomi that still doesn't contradict Itachi's statement.

Because he is? He lied about Madara's past, lied about his identity and lied about the nine tails attack to Sasuke. His goal was to manipulate Sasuke, so him altering events to suit his plan makes sense.

Ah right. Btw when does it say he used Tsukiyomi? Also, even if Yashiro got affected by Tsukiyomi that still doesn't contradict Itachi's statement.
He used the Tsukuyomi right after that, and Yashiro would have no reason to just disable his Sharingan

His goal was to manipulate Sasuke by telling him stuff that would convince him to join the Akatsuki and destroy Konoha, lying to him about him not seeing through Itachi's Genjutsu wouldn't help with this at all, so no reason to say he was lying here

He used the Tsukuyomi right after that, and Yashiro would have no reason to just disable his Sharingan
Ah okay. Thanks for the confirmation.
His goal was to manipulate Sasuke by telling him stuff that would convince him to join the Akatsuki and destroy Konoha, lying to him about him not seeing through Itachi's Genjutsu wouldn't help with this at all, so no reason to say he was lying here
And Itachi had no reason to lie about the requirements to break out of Tsukiyomi. Obito could have said that just to weaken Sasuke's mindset even more, and his statement is kinda contradicting since Sasuke did see through some of Itachi's illusions.

🗿

If every piece of lore, every feat, and every statement, with the exception of a statement and feat said and done by a questionable source, point towards Tsukuyomi being above Tsukuyomi being above the regular Sharingan, and even the Mangekyō Sharingan; then how is a generic Sharingan + Uchiha blood being all that's required to break it NOT contradicted?

🗿

If every piece of lore, every feat, and every statement, with the exception of a statement and feat said and done by a questionable source, point towards Tsukuyomi being above Tsukuyomi being above the regular Sharingan, and even the Mangekyō Sharingan; then how is a generic Sharingan + Uchiha blood being all that's required to break it NOT contradicted?
Ngl I'm a bit confused with what you said, but I think I kinda understand.

Itachi stated only an Uchiha with a Sharingan can counter Tsukiyomi. He didn't say that every Uchiha with the Sharingan could counter it. Which makes sense since the only people who should be able to break out of Tsukiyomi have Uchiha blood and the Sharingan (that being Madara, Sasuke, Obito and maybe Shisui). I still don't see how his statement is contradicted.

Look man, we can't apply it to the potency chains. It's too general, with very little support, and has two anti-statements and an anti-feat; it's that simple.

Oops, completely forgot about this lol.
This was accepted by several staff and regular members alike, so should be good to go.

I applied the change from resistance to nullification for most of the affected characters, except Naruto. I'll add it to him when I get his profile unlocked.

Also, here's the blog:

I'll add it to the verse page now.

Thanks for helping out everyone, and have a good day!
Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back