• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genius Intelligence and Doflamingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reviewing Dressrosa for the x'th time, and looking at what classifies as Genius Intelligence on the page, I believe Doflamingo should have such levels of intelligence when it comes to both Strategic Genius and Criminal Genius--potentially Tactical Genius as well.

Before you suggest that I'm giving Doflamingo too much credit, I'll provide reasons for this change.

Incoming massive wall of text:

(Strategic Genius)

• Doflamingo conquers the entire country of Dressrosa overnight by having King Riku become a villai in his people's eyes, making Doflamingo look like their saving grace, when in reality, he was the one who staged the whole thing.
  • When Law set a plan to have Doflamingo quit being a Shichibukai, Doflamingo out-smarted him by placing false information in the news paper and luring Law into fighting an Admiral and Doflamingo himself, putting Law into an unwinnable situation and capturing him.
  • Despite false information of Crocodile's defeat at the hands of a Marine Captai, Doflamingo knew that this had to be a lie, and thus quickly realized that Luffy had to be the one to defeat Crocodile due to the unexplained jump to 100 million beris for his bounty.
  • Doflamingo uses the Mera-Mera no mi, which formerly belonged to Luffy's deceased brother Ace, to lure Luffy into fighting in the Colosseum and thus trap him while Doflamingo himself personally deals with Law.
  • Doflamingo managed to put the highest authority of the world--the Celestial Dragons--on a leash by acquiring information on the National Treasure, and threatening to tell the whole world if they refused to listen to him, putting himself into a position of having the highest authority in the world
(Criminal Genius)

• Doflamingo uses his face as the King of Dressrosa to cover up his alias as "Joker", one of the brokers for the underworld market. He manages a system of illegal trade with other countries, and even with two of the current Yonko without having the world government suspect him.
  • Doflamingo outsmarts the world-government with good deeds such as "saving" Dressrosa from Riku, and thus receiving the title of a Shichibukai, which prevents the Marines from acting against him, making it easier for him to perform his duties as a broker for the underworld, developing SAD, and SMILE with no interference from the marines.
  • Doflamingo has the World Government at a disadvantage by having one of his close underlings--Vergo--pose as a marine and climb the ranks. Vergo is used by Doflamingo to acquire information from the marines, while also giving them false information in regards to events transpiring on Punk Hazard and Dressrosa.
(Tactical Genius)

• Immediately after being outed as the false-king of Dressrosa and becoming the target of every individual within the country, Doflamingo places the Bird-Cage and convinces many citizens and pirates to fight for him by promising to let them live, and give them large amounts of money for each noted character captured. This lowered the number of opponents he and his crew would have to personally deal with, giving them an advantage in a battle.
  • Doflamingo also lures his opponents into being disadvantaged before engaging them head-on. He does this in every single engagement he is in. For example, Doflamingo enraged Luffy by treating Bellamy like trash, baiting Luffy into kicking Bellamy in the face by mistake. Doflamingo also used an injury inflicted on Law to force Luffy's guard to drop and further inconvenience him by binding both of his arms with his threads.
  • Doflamingo can use his devil fruit in incredibly versatile ways. For example, when he was on the verge of death from an attack by Law, he managed to use his powers to survive and keep fighting just moments later--showing high levels of thought-process despite being put in a state of near-death. He also granted himself the ability to fly, physically possess people, and much more.

It should also be mentioned that he is insane, but outside of the One Piece world, triggering statements such as "Will of D" wouldn't affect him unless an opponent has mind-reading and illusion creating powers.

I see nothing genius lvl there(except for what he did with celestial dudes)...

Seriously the last part which is the one where Luffy got genius lvl as well is funny since the reasoning is "he learned how to use his power in most efficient way"< that's not genius lvl at all.

Using simple strategies like the ones you explained is not Genius lvl (referring on Luffy and became example). I can give genius lvl intelligence to many characters if this gets accepted.

@Blanked - Here comes the downplay :D.

Note how we have Luffy's Intelligence classify him as a "Combat Genius" (Don't ask me why, because I don't know tbh). I was merely using his engagements on Luffy as an example of him taking advantage of his opponent's disadvantages. He's done this to Law and pretty much everyone he has fought up until now with the sole exception of Smoker (Cus he just flat out one-shot him).

Even if you disapprove of all the examples regarding Luffy, Doflamingo still formulated a strategy to take over an entire country over the course of a couple hours. And that was just so he could have a nice cover for his illegal business, which eventually got him close to Kaido, and numerous countries began to rely on him. He has lured opponents such as Law into traps. He managed to attain the highest authority in the world when he was a pre-teen.

When he was dying, he figured out how to use his powers to save his organs and keep himself alive. Luffy has not done ANYTHING remotely close to that.

As said i agree that the example with Celestials is up there, but everything else doesn't seem that impressive to give you genius lvl, honestly i would be fine with "Criminal genius" as it's also part of his character, but everything else is really not that impressive.

@Blanked - Making a plan that resulted in you taking control of an entire country overnight and thus being capable of using that said country to cover up illegal dealings for over a decade is unimpressive?

He just decived everyone making them think their King is the bad person it's nothing more than that, pretty smart and cunning but not Genius lvl.

It's like what that dog dude did with Goku just in a diffrent contest, make Goku look responsible for every bad thing and make yourself look good, but he isn't genius lvl.

Put the blame on a another person for something you did and make yourself look as the saviour, cliche...

@Blanked - Doflamingo had the power to simply take the country from King Riku without going through the deception. He used his reputation and power to trick Riku into talking to the Citizens into giving their money to Riku. After this, Doflamingo used his power to make it look like Riku and his forces were simply trying to rob and kill everyone. He waited until everyone fell into despair and hated Riku before his crew walked up and smacked Riku down.

It was all so he could hide his true dealing from the World Goverment, not merely give himself a country. He was already a Shichibukai, but he knew that was not enough, so he took his name to Dressrosa, which originally belonged to the Donquixote family in order to intimidate Riku. Had he tried to do this to any other country, it would have been less successful (Cough, Crocodile, Cough). He knew better than this.

He's been doing this stuff ever since he was a mere child.

The fact he was doing similar things as a child would give him max gifted, but not genius lvl.

And no matter how you describe it, all he did was put the blame on someone else for something he did and that is not impressive.

Plus you just said it was easy for him to do that due to the influence of his family so that just takes away the genius rating even further because he needed lest effort than with any other country.

What I meant was that Doflamingo could have merely fought for the throne, as it would've been a simple task. Instead, he used deception and that resulted in him being a loved king rather than your typical tyrannical king.

I'm going off the the Genius Intelligence page, and most of the things listed above align with it.

Rather than Tactical Genius, I would instead look to Detective Genius (Strangely named for the description given) due to the already listed reasons.

If this doesn't classify as Genius level intelligence, the page may need some refinement.

Wouldn't it be better to condense all of that into a single paragraph?

A man obsessed with having power, Doflamingo seizes every opportunity for his own personal gain. He is a tactical genius and the head of a world-wide criminal empire, manipulating the royalty of Dressrosa to conquer the country in a single night while retaining widespread popularity as its king, selling black market goods to entities around the world, including two of the Four Emperors without the World Government's knowledge while abusing his position as the king of a nation and a member of the Shichibukai to maintain political immunity. Wily and perceptive, he instantly saw through Trafalgar Law's plan to unseat him as a Shichibukai, planting false information in newspapers and manipulating events to successfully capture Law by pitting him against both an Admiral and Doflamingo himself while trapping Monkey D. Luffy in the Dressrosa Coliseum with the promise of the Mera Mera no Mi to keep the Straw Hats from interfering. In battle, he is extremely well-versed in the use of his Devil Fruit, using his threads to quickly himself from Law's Gamma Knife despite being brought to the verge of death and going on to prove himself superior to Luffy in hand-to-hand combat and the use of his Devil Fruit, forcing the latter to utilize Gear Fourth to gain an advantage. He is also pragmatic enough to utilize his Birdcage technique as soon as he was outed by the Straw Hats and Law, using monetary rewards and promises of mercy to turn potential enemies against each other and buy additional time for himself.

@Reppuzan - I was waiting for the end of this discussion to formulate what it would say under his Intelligence section. I was wondering if this whole list of feats would give him Genius Intelligence under his P/A section.

It looks nice though :p excellent explanation.

I don't like stamping intelligence ratings on people because intelligence ratings are incredibly arbitrary.

I'd much rather explain the character's fighting style, personality, and feats than let a word or two try to dictate all of it.

I personally don't see why "Genius Intelligence" is a power when it's just intelligence.

While he's not an almighty mathematical genius, he's very smart and in his own way (especially with his Devil Fruit).

@Reppuzan - Fair point. I agree. I've seen several pages with it listed under their profile, so I got to thinking about if Doflamingo classified.

I'll have to add Expert hand-to-hand combatant to Doflamingo's page anyways, so I can add the description to his intelligence section and that and we'll be done.

I require the page to be unlocked, though.

@LordGriffin

I don't deny that, but I just don't see the purpose of the "Genius Intelligence" page when we have an intelligence rating for that.

Alright, the page may now be locked. Edits have been applied.

This topic may be closed as its purpose has been served.

Thank you very much @Reppuzan for giving me such an excellent description in paragraph form. I would not have made one nearly as concise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back