• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Generator Rex Tiering and Canon Revision

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Rex's Tiering is hilariously inaccurate.

This calculatio was applied on the vaporization end of the feat despite there being no indication of vaporization. While I'd suggest using the pulverization end; I feel like that has issues too. The calc uses the pulverization value for cement, when what is actually pulverized is just compact dirt.

Thus the feat should be completely disregarded and other feats should be looked for; or recalculated with pulverization of dirt. Also that pixel scaling is whack af; it makes a weird diagonal with a tree root going at an angle despite the stuff pixelscaled in the other image not including roots. Instead Rex's height should be used. It also treats the tree as a solid cylinder of wood, which is is as silly as stuff can get. The leaves/branches should be left out of the calculation or accounted for with stupidly high hollowness.

As for canon, it was pointed out that Ben 10 and Generator Rex are canon to each other, although I doubt this personally. At the very least the crossover is canon to Gen. Rex, but a one-off comic and no mentions in the Ben 10 continuity or reliable placement of the events make it dubious for Ben 10. Regardless some are calling for a "Man of Actionverse" profile.

Iirc the terrain in that area is really weird due to it being made by Van Kleiss, so concrete end may or may not be more reasonable idk. Doesn't seem vaporized to me either.

Pretty sure the crossover is canon to Generator Rex. Would canonicity even affect Ben 10 here though? I don't think anything that would have had a lasting effect for him happened during it.

Wokistan said:
Iirc the terrain in that area is really weird due to it being made by Van Kleiss, so concrete end may or may not be more reasonable idk. Doesn't seem vaporized to me either.
This is dirt. You can see the concrete/cement chunks and they're distinctly separate.

Man of Action's word > Your "Personal" feelings.

The events of Heroes United do not effect the Ben 10 canon in anyway shape or form, nor does it effect the episode lineup that was taking place a week prior to the film's debut on CN.

It is canon to both series. Literally nothing you mentioned says otherwise. And I'll be taking the words of the actual creators of both shows over others.

Jag50 said:
The events of Heroes United do not effect the Ben 10 canon in anyway shape or form, nor does it effect the episode lineup that was taking place a week prior to the film's debut on CN.

It is canon to both series. Literally nothing you mentioned says otherwise. And I'll be taking the words of the actual creators of both shows over others.
I mean, yeah, obviously. Never said my opinion was greater than concrete evidence and I just said I doubted it, I couldn't personally find anything from the creators that claimed they were.

It doesn't, yeah.

I don't need to prove otherwise though? Can you link to where the creators of both shows confirm this, please?

Please read our Crossovers page. Even official ones tend to rescale the characters to fit better with each other.

The feats within a canon crossover should probably be possible to use though, just not scaling to characters from another continuity.

Dargoo Faust said:
Jag50 said:

I mean, yeah, obviously. Never said my opinion was greater than concrete evidence and I just said I doubted it, I couldn't personally find anything from the creators that claimed they were.
It doesn't, yeah.

I don't need to prove otherwise though? Can you link to where the creators of both shows confirm this, please?
Well here are some comments they made about its production at the NY comicon.

Also the crossover literally aired after a episodic Vreedle episode? There are no continuity errors here or anything that says otherwise.

Ben even remembers Rex from the comic version so like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhnSZDFsapY&t=18s

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/1/1e/Screen_Shot_2019-06-25_at_10.31.05_AM.png/revision/latest?cb=20190625143231']Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.31.05 AM
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.31.17 AM
[/URL]

Antvasima said:
Please read our Crossovers page. Even official ones tend to rescale the characters to fit better with each other.
The feats within a canon crossover should probably be possible to use though, just not scaling to characters from another continuity.
Well, Rex overpowered DiamondHead, Humungasaur, Lodestar and Rath and just straight up won the fight. So where does that fall into the line? The crossover is between two series by the exact same creators and canon.

Jag50 said:
Thank you. This is comment is a bit hard to read through, though, do you know the timestamp for the relevant quote from the creators?

I'm aware the crossover is canon to Rex and never really denied that. However I'm very skeptical of a 3rd-party comic not part of the main show determining the canonicity of it for Ben 10, especially since we don't have any idea exactly where the events took place in the terms of Alien Force/Ultimate Alien's timeline. Airing after the Vreedles episode presents some other problems mainly because Ben's absence isn't mentioned any time later in the show.

Jag50 said:
Well, Rex overpowered DiamondHead, Humungasaur, Lodestar and Rath and just straight up won the fight. So where does that fall into the line? The crossover is between two series by the exact same creators and canon.
I guess it might be seen as inconsistent for Rex considering his feats aren't really in the ballpark of any of those aliens from the main series.

Dargoo Faust said:
Jag50 said:
Thank you. This is comment is a bit hard to read through, though, do you know the timestamp for the relevant quote from the creators?

I'm aware the crossover is canon to Rex and never really denied that. However I'm very skeptical of a 3rd-party comic not part of the main show determining the canonicity of it for Ben 10, especially since we don't have any idea exactly where the events took place in the terms of Alien Force/Ultimate Alien's timeline. Airing after the Vreedles episode presents some other problems mainly because Ben's absence isn't mentioned any time later in the show.

Jag50 said:
I guess it might be seen as inconsistent for Rex considering his feats aren't really in the ballpark of any of those aliens from the main series.
Rex has Gigaton Feats way back as early as Season 1. So I wouldn't say that. This being Rex before his Omega-1 Nanite, Providence training and Nanite enhancements plus the amplified abilities he gained from retrieving them.

Feats from early GR match and actually surpass those of those specific aliens IIRC.

Also I believe it was the first 5 minutes, where they made a comment on why they wanted it to be in Rex's world and not Ben's.

Ben's disappearance (For an unspecificed amount of time since universe to universe hoping have different time laws) is also not really relevant since we have no clue what the timespan of the following episode was after the Vreedle one. These are all minor nitpicks that nobody really cares much about.

For Rex it was a huge episode. For Ben, it was another episodic road trip. The only plot point from Ben 10 that was involved was the Null Void. Which btw makes the Null Void canon to GR as well since Caesar had access to it to send Alpha in.

I also think that it is unreliable to scale from fighting characters from anoher show with far higher feats than himself. Again, please read our Crossovers page. We have rules against that sort of thing, since the involved characters usually tend to get rescaled to each other.

Out of curiosity, when has Rex ever pulled off gigaton feats?

And I get it, there's not obvious contradictions in the Ben 10 timeline, although we need to first prove that it's canon to Ben 10, not disprove a canon we assume to be true to begin with.

Dargoo Faust said:
Out of curiosity, when has Rex ever pulled off gigaton feats?
And I get it, there's not obvious contradictions in the Ben 10 timeline, although we need to first prove that it's canon to Ben 10, not disprove a canon we assume to be true to begin with.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Liger686/Generator_Rex:_Rex_stops_the_Space_Elevator

Also, arguments aside from the feat regarding this revision thread, the outcome would very likely also come out in the Gigatons.

Antvasima said:
I also think that it is unreliable to scale from fighting characters from anoher show with far higher feats than himself. Again, please read our Crossovers page. We have rules against that sort of thing, since the involved characters usually tend to get rescaled to each other.
I read it.

And if anyone is getting the boost here it would be Ben's Aliens in terms of strength. They're listed as Mountain level+ compared to Rex's Season 1 Small island level feat. So its not inconsistent between either of them. Mountain+ isn't that far away from Small Island (Granted a MUCH weaker Rex performed that, but I'll let that slide)

Saturdays are also canon to Ben 10 it seems.

Personally, I think it's fine to scale Rex to Ben, since it's his crossover. But note that Shocksquatch's first canonical appearence comes from the crossover, so I don't know if we can rule out Generator Rex's canonicity to Ben 10.

Sir Ovens said:
Saturdays are also canon to Ben 10 it seems.
Personally, I think it's fine to scale Rex to Ben, since it's his crossover. But note that Shocksquatch's first canonical appearence comes from the crossover, so I don't know if we can rule out Generator Rex's canonicity to Ben 10.
Correct. Shocksquach's debut in Omniverse also had Ben being familiar with the Alien as well.

Also yes Secret Saturdays and Ben 10 share the same universe and same world. Its canon that Ben 10 villains had posters on random cities and towns during the SS series and also in the T.G.I.S crossover Plumbers have worked with them many times in the past.

In the event we ever made a Saturdays verse, everything should scale to Ben 10.

But I still want to know if Heroes Times Two is canon. I can't find a source that tells me the canonicity of the comic due to its practically nonexistent reputation.

We should still not scale from crossovers. We even have it in our regulations.

Antvasima said:
We should still not scale from crossovers. We even have it in our regulations.
So absolutely /no/ crossovers? No matter what series it is or how canon? Just making sure.

I'm still wondering where the heck this gigaton feat that was mentioned is

While I can see Heroes United being a crossover, Saturdays are outright the same universe.

Honestly I need to go over the gigaton calculation, and see if there are any issues with the context of it. Outside of that I'm fairly sure it's a massive outlier, especially since we agreed to use pulverization of dirt for this feat.

We'll need to compile new feats and calculations.

Dargoo Faust said:
Honestly I need to go over the gigaton calculation, and see if there are any issues with the context of it. Outside of that I'm fairly sure it's a massive outlier, especially since we agreed to use pulverization of dirt for this feat.
We'll need to compile new feats and calculations.
Well that's a different feat entirely, I don't have much to say about the one you're revising.

Yeah, the main purpose of this thread was adressing that feat and the canon issues.

Back