• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gazef Stronoff vs Blake Belladonna

That should really be pointed out in her profile asap if it's accounted for, because there's a really big difference between the ice shadow freezing things in if she times it correctly and it literally almost blowing up and encasing things bigger than herself in a block of ice. That's very different.

I mean, it certainly didn't work like that in her fight with Roman when she used the same power, but Grimm Eclipse is canon so who am I to judge.

I would personally reduce it to game mechanics, it's asking too much to expect the player to time it perfectly to encase a part of the enemy just to keep consistency with the show.

In the show it doesn't cause a massive ice case to trap the enemy for a couple of seconds, it just teleports blake to a different location and leaves an ice statue there, which can trap whatever weapon was being used on her.

So if Gazef has all the treasures, this means he will never tire as his Gauntlets give endless stamina. Given he has superior AP, I sincerely doubt his blade will stay stuck in Blake's Ice

WeeklyBattles said:
Which wont help if he can't use it due to being froze
Blake hasn't ever done it in the actual show.

I know Grimm Eclipse is canon but the thing you're describing didn't happen when she was fighting with Roman and activated an ice shadow.

Even then the skill is temporary.

But she chooses not to against Roman when it would have ended the fight almost immediately. No reason to say she will against Gazef thus she will only freeze Razor Edge which saws through her ice with ease.

If the fight ended immediately it would have thrown the whole plot off, the only reason for her to not do so is because of PIS, something she is not affected by here. It is canon for her to use ice clones to freeze opponents whole and canonically speaking she has done it dozens of times more than the one time she froze roman

Blake vs Roman takes precedence because it is from the primary canon. If it gets contradicted, whatever goes against it gets ignored. How often does she actually use the ice clones outside of the Roman fight where it explodes and covers people entirely? Saying you can do it in game doesn't count as thats a player choice to spam the tech.

The game is primary canon as stated by the creators of the series itself, same with the light novel. The only stuff that is secondary canon is the manga

WeeklyBattles said:
The game is primary canon as stated by the creators of the series itself, same with the light novel. The only stuff that is secondary canon is the manga
Okay, cool. Show me in a cutscene or passing-statement that Blake absolutely did flash-freeze Grimm like in the game because saying Blake should be capable of that is the equivalent of me min-maxing my RPG Character's Ultimate so that I could spam it even though in-lore it's a super special move I can only do every day or so.

Problem with that comparison is Blake's dust attacks are canonically spammable even in the show, its not some ultimate ability she can only use once a day

It also doesn't explode and have a large AOE to catch people in the show. If there is a cutscene in the game that actually shows her ice clone exploding, then you have an argument. Right now, you are arguing gameplay mechanics that were included so people could actually use ability without spending ages practicing to trap enemies in some tiny AOE.

The aoe is large enough to trap enemies twice blake's size and it has the same aoe in the show as shown by stuff like ruby's ice dust bluuets trapping half a guy's body in ice dwspite her shooting behind him and just catching him in the aoe

The difference is she can choose whether or nor her ice clone explodes. If it explodes it has aoe, if not it just traps whoever hit the clone when she made it with whatever part they hit the clone with

I see literally no reason why you can compare Ruby's ice dust bullets to the dust enhanced semblance of Blake, what?

And that doesn't change the fact it hasn't happened in canon, or even in a cutscene of the game, and somehow she doesn't abuse it on Roman when she had the timing to trap his weapon.

Voting for Gazef 6/10 due to Razor Edge allowing him to defeat Blake in one strike that she won't see coming.

He can use his instant counter to attack again immediately after she dodges, catching her off guard and one-shotting her.

Why would it catch her off guard? Especially since she can do it again and shoot back

Blake isn't helpless after using her semblance

It would catch her off guard because it's not just a speed boost or a reaction boost. It moves his body back into striking position and as a result he reacts and attacks unnaturally quickly. For example, if he swings and she dodges to the opposite direction, Instant Counter would let him instantly move and swing into the direction she dodged even though his momentum should've moved him the other way. If she wasn't expecting it, it would definitely catch her off guard.

I'm not saying this isn't a very close fight, but all Gazef has to do is land a single hit, and he's got greater skill, stacking stat amps, information analysis, Regenerationn, and moves than can catch Blake off guard. Plus, if she tries to block even a single attack, Gazef can cut straight through her weapon. And this isn't even taking into account Fourfold and Sixfold Flash of Light, and Sense Weakness.

Can you show me that? I'm not getting why that's so surprising a highly skilled fighter with ehnhanced senses would be caught off guard? Momentum being switched in place is half the reason people in RWBY keep control of such complicated weapons in the first place, including using your movement to switch momentum into your weapon and letting yourself move with it, as shown here.

Also

<Checks file

Hundreds versus several meters

Gazed is going to go through hell trying to get close.

To be fair, Gazef can just keep on chasing Blake if she opts to just shoot from a ranged position indefinitly due to the Gauntlets of Endurance. Blake playing keep away is actually a terrible idea given Gazef can drastically amplify his speed and reactions to avoid projectiles.

Blake goes in for close combat more times than not, though, and that's where she beats Gazef. Her semblance will give her a number of free hits and with her AP advantage that will seriously mess over Gazef.

Back