• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gazef Stronoff vs Blake Belladonna

This match depends on several factors. How long does Blake's sword beam stun for, and how often does she use it? Does she prefer to fight up close, or at range? Will Blake's aura be enough to protect her weapons from Razor edge?

A few seconds, she uses it very often, she doesnt have a preference as she's entirely capable of fighting from both melee and close range, and yes it will protect her

It scales to her durability but it can also take up to High 8-C attacks without breaking, basically its a forcefield with a health bar, weaker attacks can break it but it will take a long time to do so.

Gazef one-sho-

>realizes this is Blake, who can use her semblance to counter that almost perfectly

Blake takes this. While Razor edge would likely bypass Aura seeing as it already negs stuff like physical attack resistance and forcefields, Blake's semblance nopes that to high heaven. With superior AP, long ranged advantage, arguably better skills (Blake is more agile than Gazef, although he would beat her in a more direct fight).

Gazef's info analysis might discern weaknesses Blake's abilities has but I don't really see him reliably countering it, and the long ranged game is still a thing.

Gazef's best bet is amping everything at the start of the match and then trying to catch Blake before she activates her semblance, but even then the starting distance is just too much.

It says it can possibly negate other forms of magical defenses. Ainz's physical attack immunity sort of acts like a forcefield and Gazef's sword would apparently bypass that despite him being far below the threshold where that negates attacks entirely.

I mean Aura isnt really magical but i get what youre saying, may want to clarify that on the profile

It is clarified on the profile though;

"Bypasses Ainz's immunity to damage taken from lower-tier weapons. Possibly negates other forms of magical defenses"

Gazef gets bodied even harder if his sword doesn't neg Blake's dura.

Blake needs to beat Gazef at range because she isn't doing it in cqc, what with all of the stat amps he has (the speed ones being the relevant ones), Four/Sixfold Slash, and body control that lets him immediately attack even if she dodges with shadow clones.

If she can keep him away despite his speed amps, Blake wins. If he closes, Gazef does.

I know what her semblance is, I just think that Gazef's multi attack and Martial Arts that allow him to immediately react counter it.

Beam blades can be dodged though which is made much easier with stat amps galore. Unlike his base form, his gauntlet will let him use far more Martial Arts than usual which is his saving grace along with Razor Edge's one shot.

I mean its going to be pretty difficult to react to an instant explosion of ice where your opponent just was freezing you in a block of ice

Couldn't Gazef just counter her semblance with fourfold or sixfold slash of light? Instant counter should also work. His focus battle aura should also help with breaking her forcefields. Additionally, his sense weakness could help him a lot depending on what it tells him. He also has the skill and experience advantage. With his endless stamina, he could outlast her aura until it decays. I'm not so sure who will win yet.

To be fair, you're ignoring the large range Blake has on her melee weapons, they can extend father out with their ribbons than Gazef can hit even considering sixfold slash of light.

I mean, Blake's semblance lets her just yeet behind people. Gazef would practically need precog to understand where she'll teleport to, just knowing that she does it won't be enough to save him from getting attacked. That and IMO Blake is far more agile than him and could leap away after doing a quick hit before he spins around with Razor Edge.

His best boon in this fight is amping, and stuff like his reacting amps can and will let him react to semblance shenanigans and likely land a hit on Blake.

That said his stamia can let him outlast Blake but he lags behind on AP. I don't think his armor can take too many hits from Blake's weapons before he starts to give out, but he should be pretty far into 8-C given how many times he scales above characters who scale above baseline.

Also someone remove Paralysis Inducement from Blake's profile. Stunning enemies and Paralysing them are two very different things.

Bit more iffy on that. Gazef's amps kind of change the picture here, as well as his info analysis.

His regen helps, yeah, although we never get to see the full extent of it unless there is something I missed in the LN (which I probably did, lol).

@AnonymusBlank We got a description of what the amulet does, so seeing it in action wouldn't clear up anything except the regen speed and the extent of what it can regenerate.

Additionally, I agree with what @Dargoo Faust said, except for Blake being faster. Speed is equalized.

Hmm, I am not so sure... You have a point that she's more agile Dargoo, but I really don't think Gazef couldn't deal with it. Clementine was one of the more agile characters in overlord, and a difference in pure power seemed to be the biggest decisive factor between them both, as Murayama puts Gazef with the treasures above her but Clementine with Black Scripture equipment, those super loaded guys, ahead of him with all the treasures.

If he manages to get close enough and with the endless stamina afforded by his equipment, I wouldn't be surprised if Gazef started abusing his arts while adapting to Blake.

Blake's agility comes with the added bonus of freezing the opponent solid in a block of ice with High 8-C durability, stunning them, or setting them on fire

That is misleading.

Blakes' ability wouldn't freeze Gazef solid unless he somehow managed to fit himself into a blake-sized and shaped area that she would leave behind as he attacked her, which would probably be with his sword. It wouldn't be possible even if he was trying to make it happen.

That said, his sword could get stuck in it, which would bone him for a decent amount of time.

Back