• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaunter O'Dim tries to make pact with your favorite characters

I think it's a nice idea for a thread. Gaunter O'Dim aka one of the best villains ever goes to different dimension which is apparently your favorite verse, and he's going to make some pacts. What would be your favorite character's wish, and would he eventually pay the price for that wish? (You can write as many characters as you want ofc)

Note: It's not "tries to solo your favorite verse". We've never seen Gaunter fighting, and he's without a doubt most powerful character in Witcher series. Gaunter is a man who makes pacts with people and grants wishes for price that is mainly their souls. They could win a "game" with him though, but that's very risky, as it's played on his own rules. And Gaunter is most likely unkillable, so there's no killing him. Gaunter has optionally knowledge on your character desires, but not personality. Soul resistance doesn't matter here, all that matters is what the wish of your character would be and if he could pay off the debt.

No higher dimensional, absolutely ridiculous power or wish granting guys (I mean someone more powerful than him who can do the same thing for himself)

Gaunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKGmZN06lBI

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Gaunter probably wouldn't deal with him though because kratos already sol his soul to Ares, and Gaunter would know this.
What about Post GoW 1 Kratos?

Planck69 said:
Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Gaunter probably wouldn't deal with him though because kratos already sol his soul to Ares, and Gaunter would know this.
What about Post GoW 1 Kratos?
I was thinking GOW 2018 Kratos, and in that one he even says he sold his soul to Ares. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he gets his soul back per say. He just becomes a deity. Maybe I'm wrong though

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
I was thinking GOW 2018 Kratos, and in that one he even says he sold his soul to Ares. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he gets his soul back per say. He just becomes a deity. Maybe I'm wrong though
Doesn't he literally show his soul when battling Hades though?

Planck69 said:
Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Doesn't he literally show his soul when battling Hades though?
You may be right. The deal might've been Ares "owned" his soul, but didn't take it. In that case, unless Gaunter knew about kratos' past or what he is, he would defnitely make that deal.

Anyway, as for my characters:

Shigeo Kageyama: Mob doesn't seem to be the type of person who'd take the easy way out for any of his goals and a large part of his character arc is trying to find his place in the world and what he really wants. He'd politely but firmly refuse any offers made. And soul-hax resistance is gonna be a bitch for Gaunter.

Keiji Mogami: I really want to see what this conversation would look like. Mogami doesn't seem to have any desires needed to be fulfilled though so he might refuse as well. Refer to above regarding soul succ.

Reigen Arataka: Would probably conn Gaunter of his soul.... and wish for a bigger apartment or something.

Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Mythos): Gaunter about to meet the actual embodiment of evil.

Randolph Carter: Would likely wish for forbidden knowledge from Gaunter. Whether Yog would allow his homie's soul to be devoured would be another case. Nevermind how Gaunter himself would likely be driven insane from trying to get that knowledge for Carter.

The Dunwich Horror: Would wish for the mean villagers to leave him alone. He definitely isn't getting Yog-daddy's kid's soul any time soon.

The Emperor of Mankind:......nah....

And many more.

It would be more interesting if we wouldn't write characters thay can grant their wishes themselves, or higher dimensional shit.

About Nyarla, Gaunter is more root than embodiment of evil. The evil in Witcherverse comes from him granting rotten wishes of scumbag ppl.

We don't know his true power and probably will never know, he created a dimension with stars and moon by simply wanting it

That's possibly the best thing about him, instead of showing some 200 dimensional power.

And Mob couldn't really survive his soul being absorbed. He survived it being turned to shreds but Gaunter seals/absorbs souls, well, god knows what he is doing with them and who he actually is :p

SpookyShadow said:
It would be more interesting if we wouldn't write characters thay can grant their wishes themselves, or higher dimensional shit.
About Nyarla, Gaunter is more root than embodiment of evil. The evil in Witcherverse comes from him granting rotten wishes of scumbag ppl.

We don't know his true power and probably will never know, he created a dimension with stars and moon by simply wanting it

That's possibly the best thing about him, instead of showing some 200 dimensional power.
To be fair, the idea of Nyar appearing in his hot pharaoh avatar (was honestly surprised he had that) and humoring Gaunter with a wish is definitely something I want to see. Even better when he turns the wish thing around on Gaunter and starts pulling of Tier 2 BS just to see the look on his face.

But yeah, restricting higher D seems like a good idea.

Battler won't be interested.

Beato would laugh and then delete him out of existence.

Ber would find it extremely offensive, so she'll put him in some Hell Kakeras and torture him until she gets bored and deletes Gaunter out of existence.

Guts would likely attack him on sight because of the brand. Gaunter maybe won't be interested in him also because of the brand.

Edit: I've only seen that rule against higher D after I wrote this, so ignore everything but Guts... I guess.

The Elder Scrolls: The people of the Elder Scrolls already deal with daedra and daedric princes offering twisted wishes to them. Granted Gaunter would be much more active and free then the former, and he would be more trust worthy. However if Gaunter makes a deal with the wrong person he may get played in his own game.

Terraria: Every time you run into a corruption type thing or curses the Terrarian instantly attempted to cure it, so I don't think he would take magical wish bribes. If the Terrarian takes the bribe, he would be completely fine because he has stupidly good soul resistance, but the op says to ignore that so...

I don't think any of the npcs would want wishes, all of them have fulfilled lives and never express a greater need for something. At most some of the npcs want to date the other ones, but they all know about curses and corruption so I doubt they would take wishes from a mysterious stranger. All the bosses either already have everything they need, or are animals so Gaunter also gets the cold shoulder there.

Salt and Sanctuary: If we're going off the salvation ending the Saltborn says no and leaves. If it's the domination ending the Saltborn gets their soul stolen (just ignore their soul resistance). None of the npcs would have a reason for wishes either. At worst one or two of them wish themselves off the island and lose their souls, but the others either already have a plan to leave or want to explore the island for adventure. The Nameless God may wish to be truly immortal, but considering how egotistical he is I'm pretty sure he just head butts Gaunter and makes them leave.

Doom: The Doomguy probably wouldn't even talk to him and even if they did I doubt they would wish for anything.

Guilty Gear: May views him as an intruder and launches him out of a canon. On a serious note barely any of the characters have goals that would require wishes. And the few that do wouldn't be able to beat Gaunter at a game for their souls back.

Dark Souls 1: Gaunter arrives to grant twisted wishes only to realize the world of dark souls beat him to it. Solaire wanted a personal sun and instead went insane with a bright big stuck on his head. Onion Bro needed the Chosen Undead to solve literally every problem he ran into, which made him lose hope and go hollow. His daughter searched years for her father and he was hollow when she finally found him. Gwyn wanted the age of fire and had to burn to a crisp to keep it, and the age of fire died anyways. Patches surprisingly had it really good, a little to good because he would have zero uses for Gaunter's wishes; unless he's currently Lapp. The only person Gaunter could get a wish out of would probably be the Chosen Undead. Considering the Chosen Undead saw all the other twisted endings I doubt he would accept them. Ironically unlike in Salt and Sanctuary where the good end ignores the wishes and the bad end accepts the wish; it's the complete opposite in Dark Souls. The "good" ending would wish for a longer age of fire, while the "evil" ending has everything the Chosen Undead needs.

Edit: Apparently Gaunter got abstract existence recently so just ignore the other characters hitting him, however that still wouldn't effect the fact barely any of them would wish from him; heck it makes it way more likely people aren't going to find him trustworthy.

TES: he would do well for the low levels but is it came to the prisoners or people above then things wont go well for him.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
TES: he would do well for the low levels but is it came to the prisoners or people above then things wont go well for him.
I think the op restricted the overpowered characters like that. I was just mentioning daedric princes because they are more of a force of nature to mortals rather than a really strong dude.

Back