• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Ryuko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any versus matchup that has to do with the characters "adapting" to each other will likely have the following:

1. Debates over why this character skill stomps the other character
2. Why this character adapts to higher levels of AP and Speed at a far faster rate than the other
3. Trolls who'll derail the thread at any chance they get (me)
In the Satsuki vs Garou match, Weekly did something I'd never seen before. Not sure if this has happened in other cases, but this one was really funny to me.

He made a CRT mid-match for the Kill la Kill characters after debating in the thread and it took only a few hours to get applied, which made the match go from Garou winning to Satsuki winning in the end.

You know when people ask you to "make a CRT" in a vs thread as a way to kindly tell you to "**** off"? Yeah, Weekly actually made the CRT and got it accepted before the fight even concluded. xD.

In the Satsuki vs Garou match, Weekly did something I'd never seen before. Not sure if this has happened in other cases, but this one was really funny to me.

He made a CRT mid-match for the Kill la Kill characters after debating in the thread and it took only a few hours to get applied, which made the match go from Garou winning to Satsuki winning in the end.

You know when people ask you to "make a CRT" in a vs thread as a way to kindly tell you to "**** off"? Yeah, Weekly actually made the CRT and got it accepted before the fight even concluded. xD.
Yo I think I remember this!

This was when I was new to the wiki. I was just skimming through some random versus matchups, and I happened to stumble across that thread.

Weekly was on demon timing in that thread lmao

For now, I'll just wait until Weekly gives his long ass essay to why Ryuko ***** on Garou, and then I'll wait for Phoenks' long ass essay, and then chaos will ensue.

To be honest I don't even know how the **** Garou is supposed to kill her lol
Doesn't she have RE, RPL, AD, and some good ass Regen?

I'm pretty sure Ryuko can hold her own in skill, too (though telling a Garou stan that the character he's currently facing is remotely on the level of him in skill will likely send them into a frenzy).

Doesn't she have RE, RPL, AD, and some good ass Regen?

I'm pretty sure Ryuko can hold her own in skill, too (though telling a Garou stan that the character he's currently facing is remotely on the level of him in skill will likely send them into a frenzy).
I will admit she probably doesnt stack up to him in skill like Satsuki does, but this fight is effectively just a more brutal version of cosmic Garou vs Saitama. They'll both start to grow in power at the start of the fight but Ryuko will start to skyrocket past him once Garou starts dealing more and more significant damage in order to try to kill her only for her to regenerate and get exponentially stronger ad faster each time she does thanks to her Zenkai

6o16ni.jpg

I think that Garou's RE is way, way faster than Ryuko's Rage Power/RE but it doesn't matter because her regeneration is way too potent and she has regeneration negation.

Unless...

Does she have regeneration negation? If she doesn't, then Garou winning may actually be possible.

I think that Garou's RE is way, way faster than Ryuko's Rage Power/RE but it doesn't matter because her regeneration is way too potent and she has regeneration negation.

Unless...

Does she have regeneration negation? If she doesn't, then Garou winning may actually be possible.
His RE is faster and more versatile yes but her RPL is better than his in the long run

She doesnt have regen null no

Unless...

Doesn't she have a weapon that was able to bypass the Life Fibers' regeneration?

I forgot what it was called, but I do remember Ryuko slicing off Nui's arms off with said weapon, and Nui wasn't able to regenerate her arms because of the weapon.

Doesn't she have a weapon that was able to bypass the Life Fibers' regeneration?

I forgot what it was called, but I do remember Ryuko slicing off Nui's arms off with said weapon, and Nui wasn't able to regenerate her arms because of the weapon.
Ignore what my dumbass said.

Yes and no, her weapon is designed to counter life fiber regen because life fiber regen can be nullified by being cut in a scissor-like manner, hence why her weapon is a big pair of scissors. The weapon itself though doesnt innately null regen

His RE is faster and more versatile yes but her RPL is better than his in the long run

She doesnt have regen null no
How exactly is it better in the long run? And there isn't going to be a long run if she pushes him to tier jump and he ends up blitzing the crap out of her and liquefying her.

The biggest issue here is the speed stuff Garou has in his 6-A keys. He can become so much faster than before in such a short time period, and I don't think Ryuko is going to be capable of keeping up.

And then you add on that he can tier jump if she manages to damage him. Which can lead to him actually being able to liquify her body and thereby negate the regeneration.

How exactly is it better in the long run? And there isn't going to be a long run if she pushes him to tier jump and he ends up blitzing the crap out of her and liquefying her.

The biggest issue here is the speed stuff Garou has in his 6-A keys. He can become so much faster than before in such a short time period, and I don't think Ryuko is going to be capable of keeping up.

And then you add on that he can tier jump if she manages to damage him. Which can lead to him actually being able to liquify her body and thereby negate the regeneration.
Adding to this, isn't the main reason that scissors work against Life Fiber regen because it's fast enough to cut through it on both sides before the fibers can reattach themselves?

If so, then that would mean speed is a big factor here, and that the speed evolution Garou has is going to be even worse for her.

If he can manage to become fast enough, then in a similar manner to the scissors, he'd do damage so fast her life fibers can't keep up with it.

Adding to this, isn't the main reason that scissors work against Life Fiber regen because it's fast enough to cut through it on both sides before the fibers can reattach themselves?

If so, then that would mean speed is a big factor here, and that the speed evolution Garou has is going to be even worse for her.

If he can manage to become fast enough, then in a similar manner to the scissors, he'd do damage so fast her life fibers can't keep up with it.
Not at all, its entirely to do with the motion itself, if speed were the reason then ragyo would have killed ryuko in the final fight as she was blitzing her the entire time

Because Ryuko can do the same thing, her RPL allows her to tier jump and blitz opponents mid-combat as well, there are multiple fights that showcase this but the big one is the final fight with Ragyo, where Ryuko starts off the fight being blitzed and being physically incapable of harming Ragyo to being near her level power and speed-wise after being brutalized for a few seconds

Though admittedly Ryuko's profile is a bit lacking atm, the KLK CRT that happened a while back died halfway through so a lot of stuff wasnt fully implimented

Because Ryuko can do the same thing, her RPL allows her to tier jump and blitz opponents mid-combat as well, there are multiple fights that showcase this but the big one is the final fight with Ragyo, where Ryuko starts off the fight being blitzed and being physically incapable of harming Ragyo to being near her level power and speed-wise after being brutalized for a few seconds

Though admittedly Ryuko's profile is a bit lacking atm, the KLK CRT that happened a while back died halfway through so a lot of stuff wasnt fully implimented
The problem is, Ryuko's amps are unquantifiable, while Garou's have solid multipliers/values that make it a lot harder to deal with.

For example, in his first 6-A key, he goes from Massively Hypersonic to FTL. I don't believe Ryuko has any solid feats like that. Going from being blitzed to blitzing is cool, but Garou has insane speed tier jumps.

So it's really hard for you to argue Ryuko can keep up.

The problem is, Ryuko's amps are unquantifiable, while Garou's have solid multipliers/values that make it a lot harder to deal with.

For example, in his first 6-A key, he goes from Massively Hypersonic to FTL. I don't believe Ryuko has any solid feats like that. Going from being blitzed to blitzing is cool, but Garou has insane speed tier jumps.

This

At least in term of speed.

Hmm...and speed equalization doesnt change anything about this?

She doesnt have quantified feats but she does have an absurd number of blatantly massive speed jumps throughout the series

So at best this would be incon? Garou would be too fast for ryuko to do anything to him but he doesnt have the means to put ryuko down and every attempt to do so would just make ryuko stronger and more durable with the potential to match or surpass him in power and durability

Hmm...and speed equalization doesnt change anything about this?

She doesnt have quantified feats but she does have an absurd number of blatantly massive speed jumps throughout the series

So at best this would be incon? Garou would be too fast for ryuko to do anything to him but he doesnt have the means to put ryuko down and every attempt to do so would just make ryuko stronger and more durable with the potential to match or surpass him in power and durability
I'm okay with an Incon.

I do not enjoy the argument that Garou will grow in speed thousands of times in speed equalizes matches. The very point of speed equalization is to, well, equalize speed, so it sounds kinda farfetched to think that Garou's speed amp multipliers mean anything here.
The exact reason why I hate RE/RPL/AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back